Tanking team rate my trades

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
papageo8
Starter
Starter

Tanking team rate my trades

Postby papageo8 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:31 am

I'm likely to finish 7th or 8th this year. Not in the way of a full tank (I put up respectable scores) but I recognised even if my small playoff hopes were granted I just wouldn't be able to compete in the actual playoffs with that in mind ive made 3 trades.

The trades
Waller for a late 1st (7-10)
Carson for a late 1st (7-10)
Kupp for an expected late 1st (but could be 5-6) but more likely a late (7-10) and Preston williams

How did i do?

I now have

Pick 3-4
3 lates 1st (as above)
Pick 13-14

My own 1st
2x 1sts from competing teams this year.
My own 2nd

Plus a few 4th and 5ths

My team is now (excluding the chaff)

Rodgers
Lock
Stafford
Foles
PJ Walker
Kyle allen

Chubb
James robinson
Dobbins
Cohen

Juedy
Claypool
Obj
Marvin jones
Meyers
Preston williams
Gabriel davis
Cephus

Irv Smith
Ebron

Then a load of handcuffs and has beens like watkins, sony, booker, bell, brieda, renfrow, sims, Scott milleretc (15 players in total thanks to ir spots)

What more can I do to push on from 2022 or even have a go in 2021

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tanking team rate my trades

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:42 am

Very interesting RB core that could really hit next year.

I like your trades outside of Kupp, because I think he is worth more.

papageo8
Starter
Starter

Postby papageo8 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:52 am

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:42 am Very interesting RB core that could really hit next year.

Yeah I found it hard to part with kupp but if think preston williams is a player I really like and his connection with tua was building before he landed on IR. I agree tho it was a tough one with kupp

Would u flip Jrob. Ive been offered another late (7-10) but could end up being 5-6.

Personally I think hes worth a mid 1st so I'd need the guarantee of 5-6, which i dont have.

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:52 am

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:42 am Very interesting RB core that could really hit next year.

I got to agree with the Gator on this one. I think you left some money on the table in the Kupp deal, but can't necessarily fault you because I've always had issues getting proper value for Kupp.

Overall I think you are in a very solid spot for a rebuild. The only move I would for sure make in the off-season is trying to unload OBJ.
Team 1:
12 team SF PPR/2PPR TE Prem, .2 ppc
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Fitz, Flacco, Lock
RB: Jacobs, CEH, DJ, Dillon, Michel, Royce, Lewis, Bruce Anderson, Gus, Warren
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Davis, Dissly, Knox, T.Moss

Team 2:
Q-SF-R-R-W-W-F-F-T-T-D-K-IDP-IDP PPR
QB: Mahomes, TLaw, Darnold, Bridgewater
RB: Zeke, Swift, Singletary, Dillon, Mack, Penny, LMurray
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller
TE: Gesicki, Hooper, Knox
Def: Chi
K: Elliot
IDP: Bosa, LVE, Flowers

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:54 am

papageo8 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:52 am

Yeah I found it hard to part with kupp but if think preston williams is a player I really like and his connection with tua was building before he landed on IR. I agree tho it was a tough one with kupp

Would u flip Jrob. Ive been offered another late (7-10) but could end up being 5-6.

Personally I think hes worth a mid 1st so I'd need the guarantee of 5-6, which i dont have.
I think he is worth a mid 1st as well especially if you are worried about Jacksonville replacing him or bringing in competition next year. He is a bit risky long term, but has shown very well and is dirt cheap for Jacksonville to keep building elsewhere.

papageo8
Starter
Starter

Postby papageo8 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:09 am

Yeah I think a pick 4-6 would sway me in james robinson. I just couldn't do it for a 7-10.

I really wanted a mid 1st for kupp but as you both say you get laughed out of the room if you quote a 1st and 2nd or a mid 1st for him.

I remember when I swapped woods for kupp in a massive 10 player trade. I said kupp would be the better of the two longer term. I'm certain I'm right about it.

Our trade deadline is this week so you have to win and lose some value to move in the direction you want to go. The people ended up dictating this price to me as if I wanted to sell I had to do something. Hindsight might have been wait until next year and bag a 2022 1st and something else. I'm with u guys though kupp is great.

Mine was tanking but wanting to keep players who I think could have an impact in 2022. I still think kupp would be he will be 29 and in his last sell window.

Think 2021 ill struggle with my wr as jeudy and claypool are really potential future studs and obj well he will never be obj of the past again.

Kurtrambis1
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Kurtrambis1 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:23 am

I like the moves you’re doing so far. I’d hold your Robinson because I don’t think Jacksonville will draft anyone or spend money on a guy. If you do sell for a mid to potentially late 1st could the seller add on a young promising TE?

The other move that might not be sexy but could be really valuable come draft would be to package Marvin Jones with your second to get another 1st. You’ll only be moving up the draft a couple spots but I don’t see Marvin having too much value, even though he’s productive.
12 Team PPR League, 25 Man Rosters, 2 Taxi Squad
Start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX

QB- Murray, Lawrence, Mayfield
RB- Montgomery, Javonte Williams, Najee Harris, Jamaal Williams, Carter, Joshua Kelly, Trayveon Williams, Eli Mitchell
WR- J. Jefferson, Tyreek, D. Smith, Tank Dell, Curtis Samuel, Hollywood Brown, Renfrow, Rashee Rice
TE- Pitts, Ferguson, Higbee

Taxi-Kraft

Picks
24=1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
25= 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

papageo8
Starter
Starter

Postby papageo8 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:55 am

Where would your mind go at te.
He has hockerson but I've already talked about him and that's a dead end.
Jonnu Smith
Higbee
Njoku

They have upped it to a 1st and 3rd at this point.

I think they have a 45/55 shot at playoffs so I think their pick is worth anywhere between 5-10 however if one makes it it means the other 2021 1st is worth the 5-6 and the other 7-10. It edges the bets so to speak.

I said to myself the offer would have to be better than face value for me to do a deal and right now it feels like face value.

Interesting shout on the Marvin bit.
I think a 1st might be too much even with a decent 2nd but im going to try anyway. I know the player tho so I know the answer ready.

I've gone with something a little lighter and asked for a 2023 1st and give up my 2nd.
Kurtrambis1 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:23 am I like the moves you’re doing so far. I’d hold your Robinson because I don’t think Jacksonville will draft anyone or spend money on a guy. If you do sell for a mid to potentially late 1st could the seller add on a young promising TE?

The other move that might not be sexy but could be really valuable come draft would be to package Marvin Jones with your second to get another 1st. You’ll only be moving up the draft a couple spots but I don’t see Marvin having too much value, even though he’s productive.

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 9:11 am

Is this league a superflex? I'm assuming not.

Anyway, I would hold Robinson, I have him much higher than even a mid-1 and I can't imagine the Jags do anything to replace him (they'd have to be pretty dumb as a franchise to invest assets over top of him, which, nm, its the Jaguars, lol).

I would be trying to see if there are any OBJ believers still out there and get some sort of 1 for him. I'd even sell him for a late 1 in this class, but I know i'm much lower of obj than many (for non-sf, hes my #85 overall player). You could probably do better.
Last edited by tresskid84 on Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

papageo8
Starter
Starter

Postby papageo8 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:56 am

Yeah its superflex. I know what you are thinking how did I end up with rodgers, stafford, lock and foles instead a better long term qbs. Its a long story and it started with a trade for Andrew luck, followed by a mid table finish last year and a incorrect dismissal of Herbert as a franchise qb.

Ive tried obj allover and the answer is the same.
I reckon when the playoffs are done I'll have a better chance at selling to someone with a pick 10 and pick 20 than I do to the questionable pick 5-10.

I'm ready to move from obj as soon as I can.

Agree with ur point on robinson. I'm going to reject advances for him and gamble. I think you are correct about jags. Hes more risk in 2022 but o cant see them taking an rb in 2021 with all the other needs. New qb anyone?

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby tresskid84 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:09 am

Since its a SF, I'd personally sell Odell for as low as 2.02.

Also, I'd look to trade ARod. I have him equal to rookie pick 1.03-1.04 range, so if you can grab anything like that pick or maybe something like a borderline playoff team's 1 and a very early 2 valued asset (whether its the pick or a young player that fits in that value range), I would look into that. Stafford I'd hold since his value is kind of depressed at the moment. Hopefully they bring in an offensive coach next year.
2021-Orphan Rebuild, 12tm PPR, SF, 1.75 TE Prem
2 SF, 8 Flex

QB: Mayfield, Z Wilson, D Jones, Heinicke, Rudolph, Foles
RB: Herbert, Felton, Evans, Nwangwu, Calais
WR: D Smith, Waddle, Chark, J Palmer, D P-J, Raymond, Washington, Jauan, Darden, Fehoko, Smith-Marsette, C Johnson, Proche, Shi Smith, A Tate, ESB, JJAW
TE: O'Shaughnessy, Moreau, Granson, Tyree J, Hu Bryant, Hopkins, Fortson
2022 Picks: 1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 2.01, 2.09, and 3.02
2023 Picks: six 1sts, my 2nd

2021-Orphan Rebuild, 16tm PPR, SF, 1.5pr TE, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is rookies and devy (only 2022 NFL eligible)

QB: Tua, Fields, Brissett, Foles, Purdy(D), T Morgan(D)
RB: Etienne, Gainwell, Homer, T Jones, J Hill, Ragas, Sargent, Calais, Funk,
WR: Cephus, Nico, J Palmer, Gage, Quez, P Williams, JJAW, Strachan, Proche, Lil'Jordan, Shi Smith, Fryfogle(D)
TE: Moreau, Maxx, H Long, RSJ, Tyree J
2022 Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 2.12, 3.02, 3.07, 3.10, 3.11, 3.12, 3.15, 4.01, 4.02, 4.05, 4.07, 4.12, 4.15

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:36 am

I like the idea of pivoting out of Rodgers while he’s producing for a top 1st and good player or a younger decent QB and a mid-late 1st.
Also, don’t discount those mid-late 1sts for 2021. There will be at least two if not three good QB options, pushing other talent down the draft board.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

papageo8
Starter
Starter

Postby papageo8 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:26 pm

Thanks that is very helpful. I've been that focused on selling to playoff hopefuls id neglected the rebuilds.

I've been offered a late 2021 1st and 2022 1st from same manager for chubb. I think that's a decline.

In addition just offered out
a pick 7-10 2021
and rodgers for 1.02 2021

And rodgers for pick 1.03(very likely) could be 1.04.

Doubt either will come off

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:29 am

I wouldn’t trade your RBs. You can try and trade OBJ but he is not that high in value right now.
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

papageo8
Starter
Starter

Postby papageo8 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Yeah ive done trading for now I think.
Strange things are happening with one of my late 1sts so it may end up being a 5-6, plus my own 3-4 and then a deffo 7-10.

Could be a very nice set of picks.

Ive made an offer to the guy who bought kupp off me for his 1st in return for marvin and my 2nd. He just lost DJ and kupp letting him down this week, he's been worried on our wats app group.

Thanks for all your help guys.
The biggest help has been making my mind up about robinson. I've struggled to know whether to sell or not and this forum has really helped