Team advice #1

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Team advice #1

Postby heydangle » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:48 am

Looking to win a 4th straight championship while looking long term. So in the off-season I made some trades to get picks that turned into Jonathan Taylor and Ceedee Lamb. Do I move those pieces to try and win this year? If so for who? Or do I wait it out?
Key players, start 9, 1qb league 12 team

Lamar Jackson
Elliot, Taylor, Chubb, Ekeler
Adams, Anderson, Evans, Lamb, Fulgham, Hill, Hopkins,
Ertz Engram

I also I have my first and a first that looks top 3 in 21

JoshuaGordon_9
Starter
Starter

Re: Team advice #1

Postby JoshuaGordon_9 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:15 am

What's you record? Where do you fall in points for? How many make playoffs? I would assume with the Chubb/Ekeler/Ertz injuries, and the lack of desired production from JT/Evans/Zeke you definitely have some competition for the ship this season. Your WRs are certainly your strength right now, but I'm sure you know that. Everything I'm hearing from Ekeler is that he won't return till week 11 or later - probably later. It was a "significant tear", and the Chargers can't seem to get anything in the Win column. Even rumors of not playing till 2021. If Chubb can come back healthy and produce right away, you may be fine, but if not, you may need to look to sell Ekeler for a piece that can get you into playoffs/beyond. I would be trying for the ship with this team (as long as you are top 1/2) but certainly open to moving guys to help in the win now mode. Check with some rebuilders, and see if they have a low end RB1 producing guy who they may want to move for Ekeler. Conner, Gurley, Gibson, Carson, Gaskin may be some guys I'd be looking to target (Not for Ekeler straight up necessarily) Just options for that RB3 roll.
Team 1: 12T PPR SF no premiums, 4pt TDs
QB(1-2) Herbert, Tua
WR(3-5) AJB, Adams, Sutton, Boyd, Bourne, Wicks
RB(2-4) JT, Kyren, Swift, Singletary, Moss, Ford Dobbins, Tucker
TE(1-3) Hock, Jonnu, Kmet, Kraft
3.06, 3.09

Team 2: 12T PPR, TE premium, SF
QB(1-2) Cousins, Love, Tanny, Trask, McCoy, Zappe
WR(2-6) Lamb, Olave, Hollywood, Godwin, JaMo, Sutton, Diontae, Lazard, McKensie
RB(2-6) ETN, A. Jones, Dillon, Hunt, Moss, K. Miller, S. Tucker
TE(1-5) Hock, Brock Wright, Everett

Team 3: 12T PPR SF TE Prem
QB(1-2) Fields, Young, Darnold, Trask, Dalton
WR(1-6) AJB, Pittman, Hollywood, Sutton, M. Williams, Davis, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Sheperd, McKensie
RB(1-6) Jacobs, Sanders, Akers, Hunt, T. Spears, C. Brown
TE(1-6) Schultz, Hurts, Conklin

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:31 am

It looks like you may have enough to win a title this year as is or hopefully make a run. All you have to do is get in and then who knows. As far as Taylor and Lamb go, easy holds. I would not entertain moving them with your build and hold long term.

heydangle
All Pro
All Pro

Postby heydangle » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:56 pm

JoshuaGordon_9 wrote: Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:15 am What's you record? Where do you fall in points for? How many make playoffs? I would assume with the Chubb/Ekeler/Ertz injuries, and the lack of desired production from JT/Evans/Zeke you definitely have some competition for the ship this season. Your WRs are certainly your strength right now, but I'm sure you know that. Everything I'm hearing from Ekeler is that he won't return till week 11 or later - probably later. It was a "significant tear", and the Chargers can't seem to get anything in the Win column. Even rumors of not playing till 2021. If Chubb can come back healthy and produce right away, you may be fine, but if not, you may need to look to sell Ekeler for a piece that can get you into playoffs/beyond. I would be trying for the ship with this team (as long as you are top 1/2) but certainly open to moving guys to help in the win now mode. Check with some rebuilders, and see if they have a low end RB1 producing guy who they may want to move for Ekeler. Conner, Gurley, Gibson, Carson, Gaskin may be some guys I'd be looking to target (Not for Ekeler straight up necessarily) Just options for that RB3 roll.
I’m 13-5. I have a one game lead in my division for a bye. 2nd in points. 6 make the playoffs.