Christian Kirk Value Check

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
CattiestDust
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Christian Kirk Value Check

Postby CattiestDust » Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:40 pm

I have my team in the signature, and am currently in 5th place, though third in points. We're a start up, so the teams ahead of me are pretty heavy hitters because they did a lot of their draft with a win now/almost redraft-esque focus. The next couple of weeks seem pretty good for me in terms of schedule, so, even if Kenny's injury is a while, I think I can still get in the playoffs, though I'd need big weeks from my QBs (and their WRs, by extension) to take things down.

One of the teams in front of me has asked about Kirk twice, and he's mostly been relegated to my bench this year. I'm down my 2nd and 3rd round picks in the draft, so am wondering what's a realistic price to start things off for Kirk. He's previously offered a 4th rounder, then more recently a 3rd, but both of those seem kind of low for a young guy tied to a rising QB in a strong offense, even as the second option. If I ask for a 2nd, it would be mid to late, though the class is strong enough that maybe that would be equal value? He has also recently put Juju on the block and seems frustrated with him. In terms of a dynasty prospect, I like Juju's game a lot more, but not sure a Kirk for Juju straight up would get things done, though I'd be more willing to roll the dice on Juju getting out of Pitt in the offseason and thriving as a 1B somewhere else than Kirk's potential as a deep ball boom when Andy Isabella kind of can offer similar things to Arizona.

Mostly seeing what other people think about how Kirk would be valued, or if I should even be actively trying to move him.
Established '20
SF, .5 PPR, two W/R/T Flex

QB: L. Jackson, D. Watson, J. Goff, B. DiNucci, J. Eason
WR (2): K. Golladay, W. Fuller, T. Boyd, M. Brown, C. Kirk, P. Williams, D. Mooney, O. Zaccheaus, M. Callaway, K. Hill
RB (2): J. Conner, M. Gordon, D. Swift, R. Jones, J. McKinnon, J. Richard, R. Freeman, B. Snell, L. Bowden, R. Dowdle
TE (1): D. Goedert, I. Smith, L. Thomas, K. Warring, J. Deguara

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Christian Kirk Value Check

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:46 pm

Kirk is worth a random 2nd for me. If the other owner likes Kirk, I would offer Kirk and a 2nd for JuJu and hope that gets it done. Its probably light, but some owners seem very over JuJu.

CattiestDust
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CattiestDust » Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:26 pm

Both around the same age, I will give that a try and see what the owner has to say.
Established '20

WR (2): K. Golladay, W. Fuller, T. Boyd, M. Brown, C. Kirk, P. Williams, D. Mooney, O. Zaccheaus, M. Callaway, K. Hill
RB (2): J. Conner, M. Gordon, D. Swift, R. Jones, J. McKinnon, J. Richard, R. Freeman, B. Snell, L. Bowden, R. Dowdle

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:18 am

Kirk has been producing of late. He's averaged 16.75 PPR points over the last 4 games. Yes, he's been doing it on relatively low opportunity, averaging 4.6 targets/game during same stretch. However, it's not tough to see that if puts up similar stat lines over the next 2 or 3 games, his value will go up a good bit. And could be an increasingly good option for contenders. He played high school and college ball with Kyler, so they def have a connection.

Not saying Kirk is headed for top 10 or anything, but he's pretty undervalued by most now. I wouldn't give him away for a random 2nd on hopes it would turn into what Kirk already is, with upside for more. He's coming into late 1st value territory...

CattiestDust
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby CattiestDust » Fri Nov 06, 2020 3:27 pm

Hmm, that is something to consider as well. I was thinking about maybe trying to go after Juju, who presents a more versatile skillset at a depressed value, with Kirk maybe reaching his high point. That's a good point about him playing so much with Kyler that I'm perhaps undervaluing. The way Arizona has used him, especially relative to how much Hopkins has been eating, is where I've found most of my concerns over the next two to three season window, whereas the change of scenery with Juju has an appeal.
Established '20

pvillebiker
Captain
Captain

Postby pvillebiker » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:50 pm

In the end you should always do what you are most comfortable with. Follow your instincts after you've considered the relevant data. It not only makes the game more enjoyable, but you get better at it. I like the against-the-grain call for JuJu if you have conviction on it.

BTW - so it's early 4th quarter in Cards vs Miami game and D-Hop (has 4.3 PPR points) is only 2 for 23 yards on 2 targets, while Kirk has (18.8 PPR points) 4 for 88 and a TD on 6 targets.

Was wondering if Hopkins is hurt or something. Never-the-less the Kirk continuing to produce theme plays another week. Something tells me he has more real value than most think.

My BallZach Ertz
Role Player
Role Player

Postby My BallZach Ertz » Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:14 pm

As a Kirk owner I am not selling for anything but a 1st rounder and even then it would be tough to move him right now. He is finally healthy and he is only 23. Kirk reminds me of Lockett. Will never be a #1 on his own team but can still shine and produce nice numbers for fantasy.
Dynasty Team #1 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE, 1 DEF, 1 K

Dalvin and the Chipmunks

:dance: 2018 Champions:dance:
2019 Runner Up
2020 4th (Highest Point Total)
2021 Runner Up

QB: Watson, Prescott, Z. Wilson,
RB: Zeke, Cook, Mixon, Mattison, Wilkins, Snell
WR: T. Hill, Golladay, Ridley, Lamb, Gabriel Davis, Van Jefferson
TE: Kittle, Ebron

Dynasty Team #2 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 4 Flex

Groot’s Grinders

QB: Lamar Jackson, Cousins
RB: Akers, Hall, Sanders, Spiller, Hines, White, Wilson, Z. White
WR: DK, Chase, Woods, Shenault, Gallup, G. Wilson, Hardman, W. Robinson
TE: Henry, Shultz

Dynasty Team #3 14 Team 1/2 PPR, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex

QB: Tannehill, Mac Jones
RB: Gibson, Etienne, Mitchell, Hines, Moss
WR: Jefferson, DJ Moore, K. Allen, Cooks, Jeudy, Gage
TE: Waller, Schultz, Kmet

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:26 am

Kirk has been a frustrating asset to hold. He's too valuable to trade for his perceived value (a 2nd is probably the most one could hope to get), but he's never a player I'm confident with in my lineup.

Larry Fitzgerald needs to retire so kirk can realize his potential. That may happen at some point in the next 15 years.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

robinoso
Starter
Starter

Postby robinoso » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:29 am

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:26 am Kirk has been a frustrating asset to hold. He's too valuable to trade for his perceived value (a 2nd is probably the most one could hope to get), but he's never a player I'm confident with in my lineup.

Larry Fitzgerald needs to retire so kirk can realize his potential. That may happen at some point in the next 15 years.
Maybe Fitz can take Gore with him then too
10 Team .5 PPR 1QB
QB,RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T

QB: Herbert, Rodgers, Kyler, Watson, Howell
RB: Bijan, Achane, Barkley, Allgeier, Breida, Gainwell, Strong, Tucker
WR: AJB, Adams, Wilson, Hill, Higgins, Reed, JSN,, T. Marshall, Boutte, Arob, Ross
TE: Pitts, Kincaid, Waller, Bellinger

No 24 or 25 picks other than 4th and 5th each year.

Okie-Wisco Commi$h
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Okie-Wisco Commi$h » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:39 pm

I gave up on him and sold him for a late 2nd. Love seeing him produce right now. 😂🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️ But due to holding him since his rookie season it was time
2013 Okie-Wisco Dynasty 12 Team PPR Keep 9
QB-Burrow, Watson
RB-Chubb, Barkley, Singletary, Zamir
WR-Davante, AJB, DJM, Dobbs
TE-Kittle, Knox
2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 Champs

2015 FamilyFBFanatics 12 Team PPR
QB-Allen, Pickett
RB-Hunt, Dobbins, Dameon, BRob, Zamir, Ford
WR-Jefferson, Juju, Drake,Wilson, Burks, Olave, Pickens
TE-Pitts, Engram
2017, 2018 Champs
2019 Runner Up

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:54 am

Just bought him and Ebron for my 1st and 2nd. 16 team league and I’m tied for 1st. Kirk was my top producing WR week 9!
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12