Zeke and Lamar

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
NFL123
Captain
Captain

Zeke and Lamar

Postby NFL123 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:17 am

What's your thoughts on both Lamar and Zeke?

I own both and really worried about both. Lamar is looking average in the passing game and basically his running is holding his value together, yet the TD's from last year is hardly there. I feel he is trending towards being outside the top 5 QB's.

Zeke is the same. Even when Dak was in the lineup, Zeke just didnt look to have the same burst and hasn't looked the same player all season. I cant see him staying in the top 5 for long, let alone top 3 where he has been almost his whole career.

I also own Kyler, so I'm thinking about possibly trading both Lamar and Zeke. What realistically would you expect for both individually, or do I need to keep them both for now and hope they turn things around?
12 team/.5 PPR league/ 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, D, K

Team 1
QB: Jackson Richardson, Kyler
RB: McCaffrey, B Hall, Mostert, FordKendre Miller, E Mitchell, McLaughlin
WR: Lamb, K Allen, G WilsonLondon, Flowers, JSN, Mims, Perry
TE: Kelce, Goedert, Likely
K: Aubrey
D: 49ers Cowboys, Browns

Team 2
QB: Lawrence, Wilson, Fields
RB: Javonte Williams, Ekeler, McCaffrey, Pacheco Charbonnet, Bigsby
WR: Chase, London, Jeudy Woods, Sutton, Beckham, Skyy Moore, W Robinson
TE: Pitts Likely, Kmet, Dulcich
K: McPherson
D: 49ers

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Zeke and Lamar

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:22 am

Jackson was always going to regress from last year and Zeke is behind an injured line and on a now horrendous offense. Zeke also has a lot of millage. All that being said, I would not sell either low. Zeke could easily still be a top 5 next year and Jackson could bounce back the remainder of this year or next. I'm never in favor of moving big assets when they are struggling. Since you have Murray, you can afford to hold Jackson and see how he continues.

Footballisacoolsport
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Footballisacoolsport » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:06 am

You're in a 1QB with Kyler, so I'd say Lamar should be for sale. That's not to say you should be actively looking to get off him, don't sell for any less than the price of a top QB with an MVP ceiling. Zeke I would just keep on your roster and be optimistic that they will get their offense back on track next year.

NFL123
Captain
Captain

Postby NFL123 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:57 pm

Thanks guys for the advice. I have had trade talks for McCaffrey for months and the guy knows I really want to trade for him, he will trade McCaffrey (alongside Wentz and a 2nd) for Lamar, Zeke, Juju and Hunt. I presume this is an instant reject?

I dont really want Wentz (but he is being included as the other owner would have 4 starting QBs on his roster). But giving up 3 starters plus Lamar for McCaffrey and a late 2nd seems too much. Even if McCaffrey scores 20 points a week more than Zeke, losing Juju and Hunt possibly equates to more than that.

I would be going into next season with Murray, McCaffrey, Barkley and M Thomas but very little beyond that.
12 team/.5 PPR league/ 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, D, K

Team 1
QB: Jackson Richardson, Kyler
RB: McCaffrey, B Hall, Mostert, FordKendre Miller, E Mitchell, McLaughlin
WR: Lamb, K Allen, G WilsonLondon, Flowers, JSN, Mims, Perry
TE: Kelce, Goedert, Likely
K: Aubrey
D: 49ers Cowboys, Browns

Team 2
QB: Lawrence, Wilson, Fields
RB: Javonte Williams, Ekeler, McCaffrey, Pacheco Charbonnet, Bigsby
WR: Chase, London, Jeudy Woods, Sutton, Beckham, Skyy Moore, W Robinson
TE: Pitts Likely, Kmet, Dulcich
K: McPherson
D: 49ers

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:35 pm

I haven't been high on LJax and assumed he would regress after last years MVP season. To me he needs to put up rb1 numbers along with his ok passing numbers to be a big difference maker and he just isn't a great passer. Zeke your basically selling very low on, he has lost 4 of 5 starting o-line and his qb, so unless Dalton comes back, the o-line gets healthier and the passing game takes some pressure off of him your just selling low. With that all being said, it all comes down to the return. I'd look to package them and get a legit rb1 and a back up qb in return.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

sarahk99
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby sarahk99 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:12 pm

What's your thoughts on both Lamar and Zeke?

I own both and really worried about both. Lamar is looking average in the passing game and basically his running is holding his value together, yet the TD's from last year is hardly there. I feel he is trending towards being outside the top 5 QB's.

Zeke is the same. Even when Dak was in the lineup, this blog post states Zeke just didnt look to have the same burst and hasn't looked the same player all season. I cant see him staying in the top 5 for long, let alone top 3 where he has been almost his whole career.

I also own Kyler, so I'm thinking about possibly trading both Lamar and Zeke. What realistically would you expect for both individually, or do I need to keep them both for now and hope they turn things around?
I really believe in Zeke
he could grow rapidly and surprise us all!