Rebuild Advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
davieglove34
Role Player
Role Player

Rebuild Advice

Postby davieglove34 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:33 am

Team in sig below:
I'm 4-3, and still in the playoff hunt, but realize I just don't have to horses to be a serious contender. I'm going to try to hold onto McLaurin, Jefferson, and Fant, but based on my team, who else should I be keeping, who should I be trying to sell, and what can I expect in return for those assets?
2023 Champion
10-Team, .5-PPR, 1-QB

QB: Josh Allen / Geno Smith

RB: Austin Ekeler / Saquon Barkley / Joe Mixon / Kareem Hunt / Leonard Fournette / D’Onta Foreman

WR: Tyreek Hill / Justin Jefferson / Amari Cooper / Mike Evans / Jaxon Smith-Njigba / Odell Beckham Jr. / Demarcus Robinson / Darius Slayton

TE: George Kittle / Taysom Hill / Noah Fant

D/ST: 49ers

K: Tyler Bass

IR: Kendrick Bourne

Taxi: Zamir White / Cedric Tillman / Sean Tucker

Draft Picks:
2024:
2025:
2026: 1st / 3rd / 3rd

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Rebuild Advice

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:12 am

you've got some tough decisions ahead. I think Conner, Cooper, and Gronk are obvious sells.

Carson is tricky because i think it depends alot on whether or not he gets resigned, I believe his value has peaked however so if your gonna sell now is the time to do it.

imo Bell, and Evans are holds for now. Dont think you'll get a good enough return from them right now and i'd rather hold and see what happens. I'd shop them but i def wouldnt sell cheap.

I think your holds are on point, JJ looks like a stud, McLaurin is good, and Fant looks promising despite Albert O eating into his share a bit. I think i might add Higgins, and Shenault to this list but i'd be more willing to sell those 2.

Another thing to keep in mind, This upcoming class doesnt look like a super strong RB class. and thats definitely your biggest need.

If I was in your shoes, i'd sell Carson, and Conner for picks. Cooper/Gronk (maybe evans) to a RB heavy team that wouldn't mind parting with a top tier (younger) RB. Use the picks to replenish WR and maybe a guy like Etienne or something depending on your positioning.

You might have to ride 4 WR's next season, but if you can go into next season with JJ, McLaurin, Evans (maybe), top flight rookie at WR. and Bell/top rookie, and whoever you can trade for. I'd feel pretty good. Probably wont be competing next season either, but you'll probably have to commit another season or 2 to a rebuild anyway
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:37 am

I wouldn't get too carried away here...you definitely have some rb issues looking forward but that's also the easiest position to plug and play imo. Looking at your roster....not sure your going to be able to gain by moving guys for peanuts.

Going forward, I'd speculate on rb prospects rather than guys like freeman, ap, humphries, Higgins, gronk.

You know your league and leaguemates best....if you can get solid value...the better players could be available, just not sure your getting solid deals for your positional players.

Badgersfan222
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Badgersfan222 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:21 am

I think it depends on how deep into a rebuild you want to go.

Personally I would be selling everyone of your running backs and Evans. Evans might be a hold until he has some big games since his value is down but I would definitely move Carson and Connor this year. Especially Connor. Find somebody higher in the rankings that might have one of the rookie running back’s for some reason on their bench. Or try to get some first round draft picks.
Team 1: 12 team, PPR, 25 Keepers
Starting Requirements:
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB: D. Watson, Wentz, Hurts,
RB: J. Jacobs, Swift, C. Edmonds, D. Harris, D. Evans, L. Bowden, & J. Samuels,
WR: McLaurin, Godwin, Higgins, J. Jefferson, Sutton, T. Boyd, Aiyuk, V. Jefferson, Mims, & G. Davis
TE: M. Andrews, Fant, Irv Smith Jr, H. Bryant (cle) & D. Parham

2021 Picks: N/A
2022 Picks: 1.xx, 2.xx, 2.xx, 2.xx, 4.xx

Team 2: 12 team, PPR, 25 Keepers
Starting Requirements:
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB: R. Wilson, M. Ryan, Mariota
RB: Mixon, Swift, JK Dobbins, Edmunds, Cohen, K. Johnson, Breida, S. Ahmed
WR: T. Hill, C. Ridley, Diggs, Godwin, DJM, Claypool, Reagor, Mims, Gandy-Golden, C. Johnson (Jax)
TE: Hockenson, Gesicki , H. Bryant (cle), D. Parham

2021 Picks: 2.6, 3.1, 3.2
2022 Picks: 1.xx, 2.xx, 2.xx, 3.xx, 4.xx,

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:54 am

I agree with selling the RBs. But I also never have the mindset I am keeping a certain player. No one is off limits for me. If the price is right, sell.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:26 am

BradysBunch wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:54 am I agree with selling the RBs. But I also never have the mindset I am keeping a certain player. No one is off limits for me. If the price is right, sell.
It all depends on return. See what offers come around you make players available. Only move for the right price despite trying to rebuild and dont force anything. Patience will be huge here as you have some good assets to move, but Cooper and Evans values have taken big hits. Good stuff all around on this topic so far from the above posters.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:51 am

Lets take a look at this team:

10-Team, .5 PPR Dynasty League.
1-QB / 2-RB / 2-WR / 1-TE / 2-FLEX / 1-D/ST / 1-K / 12-BN / 3-IR / 3-TAXI SQUAD

Okay looking at your settings, in a 10 team league, the RBs are going to be king here, meaning you will either have to pay a ransom for them or acquire a bunch of 2021 and 2022 first rounders.

QB: Josh Allen / Matthew Stafford / Ben Roethlisberger
You have 2 too many QBs here. Or at least 1. Roethlisberger can be dropped and you can pick up someone else.

RB: James Conner / Chris Carson / Le'Veon Bell / Mark Ingram / Devonta Freeman / Adrian Peterson / Jamaal Williams
Sell everyone here with the exception of Williams. Hold Williams and see if somehow he becomes a GB starter next year. I see no way of legitimately competing this year, or in future years with this group.

WR: Amari Cooper / Mike Evans / Terry McLaurin / Justin Jefferson / Sammy Watkins / Adam Humphries / Rashard Higgins
Some nice pieces here. Overall a good group. I would hold Cooper, McLaurin, and Jefferson and build around them. Evans I think you have to hold because its just not worth selling him right now.

TE: Noah Fant / Rob Gronkowski
Keep Fant, sell Gronk, due to the position and number of teams, you may be able to get a 2nd from a contender.

D/ST: Patriots / Steelers
Good DSTs. If you can get something good for the steelers D I would sell him.

K: Robbie Gould
he's a kicker

IR: Odell Beckham Jr.
Well thats nice. I would hold him and sell him if he is traded.

Taxi: Laviska Shenault / Preston Williams
Nice

Overall:
So here's the thing, your team is lacking in the most important position (RB) both in terms of current talent and future talent. I don't think that you have a legitimate shot at winning this year, and the more you try to compete the more you just hurt your future years. Conner, Carson, and possibly Gronk are your best assets. It will completely depend on who is rostered on what teams, but you want to go after 2021 1sts or potentially see if the opportunity to acquire JT, Swift, or Dobbins are acquirable. I don't think you actually need to do anything to your WR group right now, and your QB and TE groups are adequate. It really is RBs RBs and more RBs that you need.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:58 am

I think I disagree quite a bit with the above poster. You have a decent shot to make the playoffs, I don't see any point in blowing up this team right at this minute. All you need is a couple of good weeks in the playoffs.

If you can get a pick for Big Ben then sure, but don't drop him because he could be a start some weeks vs Allen and Stafford. And yeah I guess I would be happy to get something for Gronk and get a backup from the waiverwire. Hell even Albert O could be a good pick up and as a handcuff to Fant and for the future.

If you get a good offer for someone then sure, but in the mean time I would roll with it a few more weeks. When is your league trade deadline?

To Add - For sure you need to plan for the future at RB, if you can pick up a few future flyers, dart throws without compromising your starters then I would do that

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:12 am

Crouchy wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:58 am I think I disagree quite a bit with the above poster. You have a decent shot to make the playoffs, I don't see any point in blowing up this team right at this minute. All you need is a couple of good weeks in the playoffs.

If you can get a pick for Big Ben then sure, but don't drop him because he could be a start some weeks vs Allen and Stafford. And yeah I guess I would be happy to get something for Gronk and get a backup from the waiverwire. Hell even Albert O could be a good pick up and as a handcuff to Fant and for the future.

If you get a good offer for someone then sure, but in the mean time I would roll with it a few more weeks. When is your league trade deadline?

To Add - For sure you need to plan for the future at RB, if you can pick up a few future flyers, dart throws without compromising your starters then I would do that
Just pointing out, I never said he couldn't make the playoffs. I said he was not a legitimate contender to win the championship in a 10 team league.

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:23 am

abloom wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:12 am
Crouchy wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:58 am I think I disagree quite a bit with the above poster. You have a decent shot to make the playoffs, I don't see any point in blowing up this team right at this minute. All you need is a couple of good weeks in the playoffs.

Just pointing out, I never said he couldn't make the playoffs. I said he was not a legitimate contender to win the championship in a 10 team league.
True - sorry didn't want to go after you after a really good and detailed post.

He certainly doesn't have the best team - But the best team doesn't always win the playoffs though, short term variance and all that.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:37 am

Crouchy wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:23 am
abloom wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:12 am

True - sorry didn't want to go after you after a really good and detailed post.

He certainly doesn't have the best team - But the best team doesn't always win the playoffs though, short term variance and all that.
Oh I didn't think you were going after me, just wanted to make clear that I meant specifically with the goal of winning a championship that I don't think the team has a good chance this year or next, so its best to try to get assets now. Of course its very hard to know how far away he would be this year without seeing the league, so certainly if he wants to make the playoffs and then just see what happens that works too.

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

davieglove34
Role Player
Role Player

Postby davieglove34 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:26 pm

I also forgot to mention that I currently do not have a 2021 1st round pick. Unfortunately I traded it last season for OBJ (obviously that trade did not work out), and my league already tends to WAAAAAAAAY overvalue the price of rookie picks, so acquiring picks, especially 2021 picks will be very difficult, but of the upmost importance
2023 Champion
10-Team, .5-PPR, 1-QB

QB: Josh Allen / Geno Smith

RB: Austin Ekeler / Saquon Barkley / Joe Mixon / Kareem Hunt / Leonard Fournette / D’Onta Foreman

WR: Tyreek Hill / Justin Jefferson / Amari Cooper / Mike Evans / Jaxon Smith-Njigba / Odell Beckham Jr. / Demarcus Robinson / Darius Slayton

TE: George Kittle / Taysom Hill / Noah Fant

D/ST: 49ers

K: Tyler Bass

IR: Kendrick Bourne

Taxi: Zamir White / Cedric Tillman / Sean Tucker

Draft Picks:
2024:
2025:
2026: 1st / 3rd / 3rd