Make a run at Swift or 2021 RB(s)?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
esulek80
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Make a run at Swift or 2021 RB(s)?

Postby esulek80 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:20 am

This past week I made a trade sending Herbert and a late 2021 2nd rd pick in exchange for a high 2021 1st rd pick (likely top 4 but top 6 at worst).

My plan for the next several years (starting in the 2020 draft where I drafted CEH and Dobbins) is to really try and load up on younger high upside RB's since I have managed to build a pretty deep group of WRs (see signature) and have Mahomes to ride at QB for years to come.

Going into the 2021 draft I will have two 1st rd picks (likely one between 9-12 and one between 1-4) a 2nd rd (likely mid round) along with two 3rd rd picks.

My hope is to get at least 1 of the top RBs coming out and possibly a 2nd RB (likely a second tier type RB) depending how the rankings and draft plays out. Then I will go WR or TE with my final picks since from what I hear it will be another deep WR class. I took this same approach this year and managed to get Tee Higgins and Claypool after taking CEH and Dobbins in rd 1.

What are your guys thoughts on the RBs that will likely be coming out in 2021? To be honest I do not follow college football very closely but have been keeping an eye on the Devy rankings and it seems Etienne, Harris, and Hubbard are the top of the class but I do not know much about them.

I am aware of the dynasty cornerstone rankings on DLF which certainly gives some helpful insight but curious to get a little more insight into how the top 2021 backs are looking to stack up against the top backs that came out in 2020?

I'm kind of debating on what my best bet is, focusing on the 2021 RBs or shifting my attention on trying to acquire Swift. As I noted I already, I drafted CEH and Dobbins and I do like Taylor but I do not see his owner parting with him. The way things have played out with Akers so far have me too nervous to go in on him.

I obviously do not want to severely overpay to obtain Swift but if it turns out the 2021 RB class is nothing to get overly excited about and Swift is a far superior RB maybe I need to make a big push on acquiring him.
2017 - Champions!
2018 - Champions!!
2021 - Champions!!!

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, and 1 DST – 12 team .5 PPR league – 24 man active roster + 2 IR

Roster:
QB: Mahomes, Stroud
RB: Bijan, Javonte Williams, James Cook, Charbonnet, Brian Robinson, Kyren Williams, Dobbins, Keaton Mitchell, Israel Abanikanda
WR: Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Higgins, Diontae Johnson, Dotson, Marquise Brown, Quentin Johnston, Sutton
TE: Hockenson, Freiermuth, Ferguson
K: Aubrey
D: Pittsburgh, Denver

Draft Picks:
2024: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th
2025: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th
2026: 1st / 2nd / 3rd / 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Make a run at Swift or 2021 RB(s)?

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:22 am

2021 RB class is weak sauce. I'd go after Swift. Etienne may be good, but beyond that, there is nobody on Swift's level. I'd go after Swift.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:39 am

Why so hung up on one player? What about Barkley, Gibson, Miles Sanders - there are several options you can try to aquire. Hell you can even get a discount price on Akers

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:39 am

For next years RB class, I like Harris, Etienne and Z. White could be interesting pending health. What do you think the price will be on Swift?

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:51 am

Gator Sens wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:39 am For next years RB class, I like Harris, Etienne and Z. White could be interesting pending health. What do you think the price will be on Swift?
Harris will be 23. He's doing what he's doing against players a lot younger than him. I don't think he's in the same class of players as Swift. I don't think beyond Etienne, there is anybody close.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

esulek80
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby esulek80 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:06 pm

Crouchy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:39 am Why so hung up on one player? What about Barkley, Gibson, Miles Sanders - there are several options you can try to aquire. Hell you can even get a discount price on Akers
Barkley would likely cost more than I'm willing to pay, as an Eagles fan I like Sanders and can tell you another Eagles fan in my league would require an overpay to get him.

I'm still not sold on Gibson, I think he can be solid but I question if he can ever be a top 12 guy. I realize I could get Akers at a discount but the fact he has no touches in the last 2 weeks is very concerning to me. I could be completely wrong but I'm just not sure he will ever be the hands down main guy there in LA.

I know there a slew of other RB's I could go after but whoever I get I want them to have no more than 1 year in the league. I'm a big believer in the RB drop-off after they get through their mid 20's so I'm not looking to just get 1-2 years of quality play from a slightly older RB, I want to max out on a guy's career and would much rather take the chance on these rookies.
2017 - Champions!
2018 - Champions!!
2021 - Champions!!!

Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, and 1 DST – 12 team .5 PPR league – 24 man active roster + 2 IR

Roster:
RB: Bijan, Javonte Williams, James Cook, Charbonnet, Brian Robinson, Kyren Williams, Dobbins, Keaton Mitchell, Israel Abanikanda
WR: Chase, Amon-Ra St. Brown, Higgins, Diontae Johnson, Dotson, Marquise Brown, Quentin Johnston, Sutton

Draft Picks:

esulek80
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby esulek80 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:20 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:39 am For next years RB class, I like Harris, Etienne and Z. White could be interesting pending health. What do you think the price will be on Swift?
I'm not sure what the going price is on him at this point. The guy who owns him is one of the few guys in the league I'm not really close with and he is always hard to get ahold of, meaning not as invested in the league as some of us others.

My hope is I could start with one of my two 2021 1st rd picks, preferably the one that will be a later 1st (likely 9-12th overall) and then gauge how much more he would be expecting and maybe throw in one of my WRs or something like that. What do you think it would take?

He drafted Swift at 1.08 and he drafted Gibson at 2.08. A few of his other RBs are Cook, Montgomery, Cohen, and D Lewis. His WRs are Robinson, Cooks, Tate, R Higgins, Agholor, Ginn, and D Jackson.
2017 - Champions!
2018 - Champions!!
2021 - Champions!!!

Roster:

Draft Picks:

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:31 pm

esulek80 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:20 pm
I'm not sure what the going price is on him at this point. The guy who owns him is one of the few guys in the league I'm not really close with and he is always hard to get ahold of, meaning not as invested in the league as some of us others.

My hope is I could start with one of my two 2021 1st rd picks, preferably the one that will be a later 1st (likely 9-12th overall) and then gauge how much more he would be expecting and maybe throw in one of my WRs or something like that. What do you think it would take?

He drafted Swift at 1.08 and he drafted Gibson at 2.08. A few of his other RBs are Cook, Montgomery, Cohen, and D Lewis. His WRs are Robinson, Cooks, Tate, R Higgins, Agholor, Ginn, and D Jackson.
Are you contending this season?

Personally I would see if he is interested in Evans or Julio and then maybe you can get a pick back from him with Swift for one of those. But a straight trade for Mike Evans could be fair but maybe you can get more. If he is a casual he might over value Evans or Jones for the future.

Badgersfan222
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Badgersfan222 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:55 pm

I read the chain, if you can get Swift for an aging Evans..do it!
Team 1: 12 team, PPR, 25 Keepers
Starting Requirements:
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB: D. Watson, Wentz, Hurts,
RB: J. Jacobs, Swift, C. Edmonds, D. Harris, D. Evans, L. Bowden, & J. Samuels,
WR: McLaurin, Godwin, Higgins, J. Jefferson, Sutton, T. Boyd, Aiyuk, V. Jefferson, Mims, & G. Davis
TE: M. Andrews, Fant, Irv Smith Jr, H. Bryant (cle) & D. Parham

2021 Picks: N/A
2022 Picks: 1.xx, 2.xx, 2.xx, 2.xx, 4.xx

Team 2: 12 team, PPR, 25 Keepers
Starting Requirements:
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 3 Flex (RB/WR/TE)

QB: R. Wilson, M. Ryan, Mariota
RB: Mixon, Swift, JK Dobbins, Edmunds, Cohen, K. Johnson, Breida, S. Ahmed
WR: T. Hill, C. Ridley, Diggs, Godwin, DJM, Claypool, Reagor, Mims, Gandy-Golden, C. Johnson (Jax)
TE: Hockenson, Gesicki , H. Bryant (cle), D. Parham

2021 Picks: 2.6, 3.1, 3.2
2022 Picks: 1.xx, 2.xx, 2.xx, 3.xx, 4.xx,

esulek80
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby esulek80 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:40 pm

[/quote]

[/quote]

Personally I would see if he is interested in Evans or Julio and then maybe you can get a pick back from him with Swift for one of those. But a straight trade for Mike Evans could be fair but maybe you can get more. If he is a casual he might over value Evans or Jones for the future.
[/quote]

Yes very much contending, I'm 7-0 and likely soon to be 8-0 since I'm playing the worst team in the league this week. I have been getting frustrated with Evans and have some concerns, especially for the remainder of this year between Godwin and now Brown there in Tampa. If he cannot have a good week this week with Godwin out and playing a bad Giants team I'm really going to be concerned. Bottom line I wouldn't be opposed to parting with him.
2017 - Champions!
2018 - Champions!!
2021 - Champions!!!

Roster:

Draft Picks:

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:56 pm

Crouchy wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:31 pm
esulek80 wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:20 pm

A pick plus swift for Evans or julio? Swift > Evans or julio and the owner would want a pick back id imagine.