Boarder line rebuild

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side would you take in my position

Poll ended at Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:14 pm

Mahomes/Hunt/Ross
17%
Burrow/AJB/Mike Davis
83%

Total votes: 6

glamis79
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Boarder line rebuild

Postby glamis79 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:14 pm

I have had some bad luck to start the year off and I am sitting 3-4 2 games back from the wild card. My QBs are aging and i have no WR depth (team in signature). There is still a chance my team gets on a roll and get in the playoffs but i am also afraid Rivers, Ben and Brady all might retire at the end of this year. Aside from the obvious in moving Rivers or Ben i am debating moving Mahomes. Looking to see what some thoughts are on which way i should go?

I am currently looking at this trade....

Mahomes/Hunt/Ross for Burrow/AJB/Mike Davis
12 Team Dynasty, SuperFlex, Standard Scoring
QB: Brady, Eason, Rivers, Roethlisberger, Mahomes, Mariota
RB: Gurley, Zeke, McCaffrey, Hunt, Justin Jackson, Pollard, D'Ernest
WR: Keenan, Woods, Corey Davis, Larry Fitz, JJaw, Quintez, Anthony MIller, David Moore, Kalif, Dede, Tyrell Williams, John Ross, Keke, Demarcus Robinson, Curtis Samuel
TE: Gesicki, Jared Cook, Asiasi, Jarwin, Smith Jr.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Boarder line rebuild

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:22 pm

I would want a much better third piece in the potential deal to hit accept. If you can get a better third piece, this could jump start your rebuild. I feel you are in a very tricky spot because you could make a run, but if you don't win the title, a fair amount of your assets could age out and/or their value will take another hit. You know your league best, if you don't think you are a legit contender, I would seriously look at blowing this team up before it ages out and you are left with little value to move. I would make every asset available for the right price. You have some heavy hitters and could really flip your team and future quickly in my opinion. Make smart deals and don't force anything. Brady, Big Ben and Rivers are obviously the assets with the least amount of time to move. To a contender in need of QB help, you may still get a solid haul for Brady and Big Ben.

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Boarder line rebuild

Postby jwb32 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:38 pm

I don't hate it, but Mahomes to Burrow gap is arguably larger than the AJB to Hunt gap. Tho this could look a LOT closer at this time next year. Still, I'd want a bit more. (Davis/Ross are inconsequential here.)
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)