Contender at 3-4?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Contender at 3-4?

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:07 pm

In a 14 tm standard league this is my squad
Start 1QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1DT, 2LB, 1 DE, 1 CB, 1 S
QB: Cousins, Burrow, Dalton
RB: Sanders, Ekeler, Dobbins, Akers, Hasty, Dillon, Penny
WR: Evans, Godwin, Diontae, Kupp, Samuel, Hardman, Shenault, Parris, MCallaway, DJax
TE: Higbee

IDP (rankings in league) : Jarrett (DT9), Sweat (DE4), White (LB1), Queen (LB3), Dean (CB10), JJohnson (S15)

2021: 3 1sts (one likely bottom 5, one low scoring team with 4 wins against bad teams, and my own) 2022: 4 1sts
I made this trade last week: JuJu+3rd for Ekeler+2022 1st

I don't think my team is bad.... just really injured and already on life support. My next 3 weeks are against a mid-tier team, followed by a team routinely setting record low scores each week, followed by another team that has been dead last the past 2 years and are well on their way to another bottom 3 finish. Then I finish out with 3 opponents in contention BUT I may have most of my team healthy by then and I haven't sent anyone to season ending IR yet for that very reason.

I would normally think about waving the white flag but there is really only 1 team in my league that hasn't been decimated by injury/covid/etc. in this crazy year. The trophy could be anyone's for the taking if I could just make it in.

What do you think? Is the dream dead?

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Contender at 3-4?

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:34 pm

I think you will need either Dobbins or Akers to really come on to level out your RB's as Sanders can't stay on the field and Ekeler could be down for a while still. You have a solid wr core if Evans gets healthy, but Brady is spreading the ball all over as usual. Anything can happen if you get into the playoffs and in a 14 team league, you have a nice build overall if things fall right. I would stay the course as of now and hope health comes.