Give up on year or no?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
zdhaugen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Give up on year or no?

Postby zdhaugen » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:35 am

I have a dynasty team that is 5-2 and in third place. But the injuries are piling up hard. I have now lost Odell Beckham, Courtland Sutton, Dallas Goedert, Joe Mixon, Jalen Reagor, Michael Pittman, OJ Howard. And Lev Bell slightly hurting my CEH starter. Do I shop guys like Kareem Hunt and Cooper Kupp for picks to admit that this isn't my year? I don't want to be stuck with declining value assets and also finish with a back end pick.
Team 1: Single qb tiered ppr league 22 man base roster plus 2 taxi squad spots and 2 IR spots; 2 flex:
Qb: B. Mayfield, J. Goff, J. Winston
Rb: J. Mixon, CEH, J.K. Dobbins, K. Hunt, K. Johnson, G. Bernard, G. Edwards, L. Bowden
Wr: Aj Brown, O. Beckham, C. Kupp, C. Sutton, J. Reagor, T. Higgins, M. Pittman
TE: D. Goedert, Jonnu Smith, Mike Gesicki, OJ Howard, H. Bryant, C. Herndon
2022: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Team 2: SF/TE Premium PPR league 22 man roster start 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex (not including SF spot):
Qb: Fields, Lance, M. Jones, J. Goff
Rb: J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, T. Etienne, D. Henderson, D. Evans, J. White, J. Doaks
Wr: DJ Moore, Juju, Sutton, R. Bateman, E. Moore, B. Edwards, J. Meyers, B. Perriman
TE: M. Andrews, A. Trautman, G. Everett
2021: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Give up on year or no?

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:37 am

If you want to throw it in this year, hold your young assets, shop your vets and aging assets for the right price and build for the future. Again, only if you are packing it in on the tough year.

zdhaugen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zdhaugen » Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:19 am

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:37 am If you want to throw it in this year, hold your young assets, shop your vets and aging assets for the right price and build for the future. Again, only if you are packing it in on the tough year.
Yeah, I guess my question is based on team would you pack it in?
Team 1: Single qb tiered ppr league 22 man base roster plus 2 taxi squad spots and 2 IR spots; 2 flex:
Rb: J. Mixon, CEH, J.K. Dobbins, K. Hunt, K. Johnson, G. Bernard, G. Edwards, L. Bowden

Team 2: SF/TE Premium PPR league 22 man roster start 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex (not including SF spot):
Wr: DJ Moore, Juju, Sutton, R. Bateman, E. Moore, B. Edwards, J. Meyers, B. Perriman

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:04 am

zdhaugen wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:19 am
Gator Sens wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:37 am If you want to throw it in this year, hold your young assets, shop your vets and aging assets for the right price and build for the future. Again, only if you are packing it in on the tough year.
Being 5-2, I would say no. Sounds like you are ticking along just fine.

TaquitoPeddler
Rookie
Rookie

Postby TaquitoPeddler » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:14 am

I'd look at where you are in the league in terms of points scored. If you've been lucky and squeaking by every week getting wins over the weeks lowest scorers, sure, maybe consider packing it in. Otherwise I'd keep it going. Looks like your team is already pretty young, see how Reagor looks coming of IR and maybe the Ravens start using Dobbins more out of their bye week, you just never know.

zdhaugen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zdhaugen » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:37 am

TaquitoPeddler wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:14 am I'd look at where you are in the league in terms of points scored. If you've been lucky and squeaking by every week getting wins over the weeks lowest scorers, sure, maybe consider packing it in. Otherwise I'd keep it going. Looks like your team is already pretty young, see how Reagor looks coming of IR and maybe the Ravens start using Dobbins more out of their bye week, you just never know.
I'm 4th in points scored, but I haven't had all these injuries (and Bell signing) the whole year. I'm trying to figure out going forward not looking back.

zdhaugen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zdhaugen » Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:37 am

Gator Sens wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:04 am
zdhaugen wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:19 am
Being 5-2, I would say no. Sounds like you are ticking along just fine.
I'm 4th in points scored, but I haven't had all these injuries (and Bell signing) the whole year. I'm trying to figure out going forward not looking back.

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:07 am

Too me that is a question that you have to answer, where do you stand in your leauge, your 5-2. So if you don't think you can compete then I'm holding your young core here. I'm selling Hunt, Kupp, possibly Mixon / Gio, and even Cole if he has another good game. Build around CEH, JK, AJB, Sutton, Higgins and Pittman.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Gazzerk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Gazzerk » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:15 am

It looks like you should have the depth to grind by while you wait out some of these injuries. Not all of your injuries are season enders. Personally, I'd feel pretty confident trotting out Brown, Kupp and Higgins as my WRs at this stage. CEH will still get his and (as someone else stated) Dobbins should start to see more work. Maybe he hits the ground running and you've got yourself a real RB2 on your hands. Jonnu is a real solid play at TE as well. I would personally keep battling and giving the injured guys the chance to come back. 5-2 puts you in a good spot where you can still lose a little bit and bounce back and making the playoffs with the team you have gives you a legit chance at making a run. At the very least, I would continue to fight for the next week or 2 and see how things turn out. If you have more injuries or some players start to look really bad then maybe rethink it at that point. Otherwise, your team looks plenty good enough to hang in there for the time being.
Team:14 Team Dynasty 1/2 PPR Unlimited Keepers 2IR
Starting Reqs: 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1WRT 1K 1Def
QB - Mahomes
RB - Bijan, Swift, Najee, Dobbins, Gibson, Chase Brown, Abanikanda, Sean Tucker, Zach Evans
WR - Chase, Waddle, A. Cooper, JSN, J. Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Hutchinson
TE - Andrews, T. McBride, Schoonmaker
K- Butker
Def- Chiefs

Picks:
2024 2 1sts, 2 3rds
2025 2 3rds
2026 1st, 3rd

zdhaugen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zdhaugen » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:54 am

Gazzerk wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:15 am It looks like you should have the depth to grind by while you wait out some of these injuries. Not all of your injuries are season enders. Personally, I'd feel pretty confident trotting out Brown, Kupp and Higgins as my WRs at this stage. CEH will still get his and (as someone else stated) Dobbins should start to see more work. Maybe he hits the ground running and you've got yourself a real RB2 on your hands. Jonnu is a real solid play at TE as well. I would personally keep battling and giving the injured guys the chance to come back. 5-2 puts you in a good spot where you can still lose a little bit and bounce back and making the playoffs with the team you have gives you a legit chance at making a run. At the very least, I would continue to fight for the next week or 2 and see how things turn out. If you have more injuries or some players start to look really bad then maybe rethink it at that point. Otherwise, your team looks plenty good enough to hang in there for the time being.
This is what I was looking for. Appreciate it!

zdhaugen
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby zdhaugen » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:55 am

dblj1199 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:07 am Too me that is a question that you have to answer, where do you stand in your leauge, your 5-2. So if you don't think you can compete then I'm holding your young core here. I'm selling Hunt, Kupp, possibly Mixon / Gio, and even Cole if he has another good game. Build around CEH, JK, AJB, Sutton, Higgins and Pittman.
Yeah, Hunt is toughest one because his value is so much higher right now than I expect it to be in the off season. I like the thought process though. Thanks.