1-5 - advice needed to build for next year

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

1-5 - advice needed to build for next year

Postby Crouchy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:36 am

10 team 0.5ppr 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 flex.

I think I am in a good spot for next season.

Took over a team this year and I'm sitting 1-5. At the start of the season I thought was the third or fourth best team - I think I've been quite unlucky and ran into one of the best scores of the week several times.

Probably missing out on the playoffs at this point, but we have a 'Toilet Bowl' to determine the top draft picks for non playoff teams. I have two good firsts (maybe top 4) and two seconds. What should I do with this roster to build for next year?

This season trades.
Before the season - Got rid of Fournette for Ingram and a second
Traded Juju for Slayton, Gordon and what could be an early first
Then traded away Gordon for Akers straight up this week.

I like my roster. I have a nice core of young receivers. Tight End is sorted. And some good RBs. A RB with my first pick is a priority. Maybe a QB in round 2 if I get rid of Newton?

I would say the players I should try and trade are those a bit older or who could be less relevant next season. Ingram, Newton. I've been trying to get rid of Engram all season. I am unsure what to do with Beckham and maybe I should also try and trade Henry?

I'm thinking a potential move could be to package two of my receivers with a pick or two and try and get a top stud, but I am unsure if I should do that now or before the rookie draft next year.

I've been looking at trying to get injured players but the Barkley owner is also out of the playoff race.

QB Newton, Stafford, Goff
WR Beckham, Chark, Parker, Slayton, Aiyuk, P.Campbell, Reagor, Cole, Scotty Miller, Mooney, Cephus, Boykin
RB Henry, Ekeler, Montgomery, Akers, Ingram, D.Evans, Duke Johnson, D'ernest Johnson, Ty Johnson, Hasty, Bryce Love
TE Waller, Engram, Njoku, Sample, Harrison Bryant

What do you think?
Last edited by Crouchy on Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 1-5 - advice needed to build for next year

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:46 am

I would keep building young and look to maximize value via trade for your aging players. I would also move Beckham if a good offer comes in. Hopefully you can land RB help via trade or draft.

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:49 am

Is Beckham aging though or is he in his prime? I would say the latter but unfortunately he is in a bad spot on a run first team, so I think I'd be happy to trade him off if he has another monster game. Nobody is making offers to him, so I will have to shop him around.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:52 am

Crouchy wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:49 am Is Beckham aging though or is he in his prime? I would say the latter but unfortunately he is in a bad spot on a run first team, so I think I'd be happy to trade him off if he has another monster game. Nobody is making offers to him, so I will have to shop him around.
He is worth the hold and hope outside of a good deal, but I dont see it with Beckham personally. I'm shocked at how long his name has held value.

hawk2119
Starter
Starter

Postby hawk2119 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:35 pm

In a ten team league I think you need a complete tear down and rebuild around your three rookie WRs and MAYBE akers. Everyone else can be put on the block for picks or prospects.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:37 pm

My priority would be moving Henry. He should have good value to a contender.

Id also move Ingram some pretty much anything you can get.

I think you have right idea with injured players. Maybe Cortland Sutton? Id also kick the tires on RB who are on IR (Mostert, Cohen, Dame Williams) if you can get them cheap they could gain value next season
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:27 am

hawk2119 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:35 pm In a ten team league I think you need a complete tear down and rebuild around your three rookie WRs and MAYBE akers. Everyone else can be put on the block for picks or prospects.
This seems really dramatic. I have players like Campbell, slayton, Montgomery who are still early in their careers. Goff still pretty young. You really think I need to start again. I know it is exciting to do that, but I am going to be out of contention then next year for sure too and then...?

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:30 am

PTW32 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:37 pm My priority would be moving Henry. He should have good value to a contender.

Id also move Ingram some pretty much anything you can get.

I think you have right idea with injured players. Maybe Cortland Sutton? Id also kick the tires on RB who are on IR (Mostert, Cohen, Dame Williams) if you can get them cheap they could gain value next season
Thanks for your reply. I was expecting Henry to drop off this year but he has been a monster, so I guess now is a good time. Not sure what I should target in exchange for him. I'm not sure the other couple of bad teams would go for a trade, so it is going to be a mid/lower first likely the best pick I can get, but I can at least put some feelers out there.

Yeah Sutton is really interesting for me. I will pursue that one. I have been waiting for Ingram to have any semblance of a good game. I didn't go for Cohen as I already have Montgomery

XclickX
Role Player
Role Player

Postby XclickX » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:27 am

Move Henry in a package for the injured Miles Sanders? Could be an idea. Henry already had his bye for the contender you trade him to.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:05 am

I'll second selling OBJ, Henry, Parker, Ekeler, and Ingram to start.

While I don't think you need to completely liquidate, these guys are aging out of their primes and every year you hold from here they lose value. Better a year early than late.

Also I agree about 10 team leagues. Studs win leagues. Try to consolidate a few of your pieces to buy DK, AJB, Lamb, JJ or upside Rookie RBs like swift, dobbins, Gibson. The longer you wait, the more it'll cost.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Crouchy
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Crouchy » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:30 am

Well I guess I waited a week two late for OBJ :(

Thanks for all the replies. It will be interesting putting Henry on the tradeblock for sure.