Tracking My Rebuild. Feedback Welcomed

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Tracking My Rebuild. Feedback Welcomed

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:44 pm

I'm in the early stages of my rebuild- (still tearing down my roster) and I thought it would be fun to track the status of my rebuild here over the next couple of seasons as I continue to make moves. I would certainly welcome feedback to how I can improve.

I had a decent roster at the beginning of the year. I was 3rd in points through 4 weeks but went 0-4. So I decided that I'll use this year to tear down my roster and shoot for the 1.01. I'll try to build a respectable keeper list (7) over the next 2 seasons, and then in 2022 I'll have ammo to make moves close to the draft or just fill out the rest of my team in 3-4 rounds (as opposed to 13).

My roster in 2020 week 1:
QB: Matt Stafford
RBs: Raheem Mostert, Leonard Fournette, Lesean Mccoy, Boston Scott, Tevin Coleman, Chris Thompson, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Darrel Williams
WRs: Davante Adams, Courtland Sutton, Terry Mclaurin, Brandin Cooks, TY Hilton, Kendrick Bourne, N'Keal Harry, MVS
TE: Zach Ertz
K: Younghoe Koo
DST: Indianapolis Colts

Trades / Significant Waiver Moves I've Made:
Dropped Lesean Mccoy for Myles Gaskin
Acquired Tua Tagovailoa (waivers)
Traded Colts DST for a 2021 5th Rd pick
Traded Raheem Mostert for 2022 2nd Rd pick
Traded Myles Gaskin for 2022 3rd Rd pick
Traded Davante Adams & Matt Stafford for DJ Moore, Joe Burrow, 2021 2nd Rd pick, 2022 1st Rd pick, 2022 1nd Rd pick
Traded Boston Scott for 2022 5th Rd pick
Acquired Antonio Brown (waivers)

I'm now left with the roster in my signature. Any players that aren't named above were acquired on the waiver wire. I intend on selling Brandin Cooks and Antonio Brown next as they both have some value. I'd love to sell Hilton and Ertz but I don't think I can get anything for them.

All in all my roster looks really ugly now and this is going to take a long while to rebuild.. Hopefully this pans out in 2 years!

Let me know what I can be doing differently.
12 Team, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, Flex, TE, DEF, K
QB: Joe Burrow, Justin Fields
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell
TE: Dallas Goedert, Evan Engram
DST: Dallas Cowboys
K: Tyler Bass

*League is Keep 7, 20 man rosters

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Tracking My Rebuild. Feedback Welcomed

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:07 pm

Burrow and Tua is a nice pair to build around and hopefully you don't have to worry about QB for years. Outside of QB, I would be looking to build around Moore, Sutton, McLaurin and Smith Jr and make everyone else available for the right price. Patience is key and settle in for the long rebuild as it seems you already have. Again, nice work on your QB room!

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain

Postby jjleurquin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:37 pm

Looking at your team it is slowly improving.

Here are your holds

QB- Burrow, Tua
RB- Vaughn
WR-Moore, Sutton, McLaurin
TE- Irv

Everyone else can be traded away. I would look to see if there's anyone who needs a RB this week (maybe Jacobs or RoJo owner) and try to sell Hasty for a 3rd as his value might be there with Mostert Coleman and Wilson out. Johnson could be more involved this week with Hunt banged up and Chubb out. I'd see if he has a big game and if he does then trade him. You should be waiting on Cooks Hilton or Fournette to have big games then trading them after that. If AB signs then that would be smart to move him as well. If you could get literally anything for MVS Coleman or Logan Thomas I would say do that. I think you gotta hold Ertz as well now that he's hurt.

Harry is the biggest ? for me on your team on what to do. I'd be ok with whatever direction you wanted to go with him, but since he doesn't have much value he's probably a hold as well.

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:02 am

Just made another move:

Traded Antonio Brown & Brandin Cooks
For
Denzel Mims, Hunter Henry, 2021 2nd, 2022 4th
RB: Najee Harris, Rhamondre Stevenson, Aaron Jones, James Conner, Jamaal Williams, Isiah Pacheco
WR: Tee Higgins, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Terry Mclaurin, Treylon Burks, Courtland Sutton, Parris Campbell

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:58 am

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:02 am Just made another move:

For
Fantastic value. I'd try to flip Henry if you can now

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:58 am
Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:02 am Just made another move:

For
Fantastic value. I'd try to flip Henry if you can now
Yeah I’m going to try but TEs don’t hold much value in this league unless it’s Kittle or Kelce. I’ll try to flip to a contender.

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:59 am

Another trade:

Gave: Leonard Fournette + a 2022 3rd
for
a 2021 1st + a 2022 2nd

gpaok
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby gpaok » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:04 am

Lazy bleep Mastermind wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:59 am Another trade:

Gave: Leonard Fournette + a 2022 3rd
for
a 2021 1st + a 2022 2nd
Thats a good trade as well!
10 team Dynasty Superflex, 1 PPR, 20 + 3 IR player roster
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, SFlex, Flex, DEF

QB: Patrick Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen
RB: Nick Chubb, J.K. Dobbins, Travis Etienne, Rhamondre Stevenson, Rachaad White, Khalil Herbert, Tank Bigsby, Jaylen Warren, Jerome Ford, Kyren Williams, Tank Bigsby
WR: Amari Cooper, CeeDee Lamb, Ja’Marr Chase, Calvin Ridley, Tank Dell
TE:T.J. Hockenson, Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:05 pm

Now that the year is (finally) over I just want to post an update to my roster so I can look back and track progress in the future.

I consider this year to be the full tear down stage where I sold off whatever aging assets I could. Still have TY but couldn't move him because he didn't show anything prior to the trade deadline.

Here's my roster at the end of the 2020 season:

QB: Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Cam Newton
RB: Tevin Coleman, Ke'Shawn Vaughn, DeeJay Dallas, Kalen Ballage, D'Ernest Johnson, Damien Williams
WR: DJ Moore, Terry Mclaurin, Courtland Sutton, Denzel Mims, TY Hilton, Marquez Callaway, N'Keal Harry, Isaiah Coulter
TE: Hunter Henry, Zach Ertz
DEF: Texans.

Luckily this is a keep 7 so I get to drop most of these guys soon.

Here are the picks that I currently have:
2021: 1.01, 1.05, 2.07, 2.08, 2.12, 3.01, 4.12, 5.09, 6.12, 7.01, 8.12, 9.01, 10.12
2022: 2 Firsts, 4 Seconds, 1 Third, 2 Fourths, 2 Fifths, 1 Sixth, 1 Seventh

Anybody have offseason advice? I clearly need to make some moves to bolster my protected list. Feedback is welcomed.
Thank you.

Zhoward88
Starter
Starter

Postby Zhoward88 » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:58 pm

Honestly I would package any combination of those guys excluding Moore, Mclaurin and ertz for a startable RB or WR. Sutton still has value to many so I’d really try to move him....so I’d give any combination of Sutton/burrow/tua/Vaughn or anyone really for a decent starter. I don’t really like the position you’re in with depth or startable guys. Tua is not looking very promising, burrow will be a question mark to even play next year, and the RB group is rough. I’d package as many of those other guys as it takes and add picks to get a startable RB. Might be hard at this point but that’s the next step here. Get one more startable player at a time. I wouldn’t rely on picks unless they are guaranteed early. Mid to late round firsts and anything after I would package for more likely solid production.
10 team league....16 offensive keepers selected by April first. 28 man rosters during the season. 1 keeper defense and 1 keeper kicker.

.5 ppr, TE premium +.5, .2 return yards, big play bonuses, 4 team playoffs and 2 week super bowl (wk 15,16).
Start 1 QB 6 pt passing TD, 2 RBs, 3 WR, 1 flex, 1 TE.

QBs- Dak P
RBs- miles sanders, CEH, Najee Harris, Antonio gibson, James robinson, Boston Scott, qadree ollison, eno Benjamin, Sony michel, kerryon Johnson, gerrid Doaks, Larry rountree,
WRs- Brandon aiyuk, shenault, Adam thielen, Antonio brown, kadarius Toney, Jacobi Meyers, Dwayne eskridge, jalen Darden.

TEs- Goedert, fant, Hayden hurst, Dan Arnold, Donald parham
Kicker- koo

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:49 am

Zhoward88 wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:58 pm Honestly I would package any combination of those guys excluding Moore, Mclaurin and ertz for a startable RB or WR. Sutton still has value to many so I’d really try to move him....so I’d give any combination of Sutton/burrow/tua/Vaughn or anyone really for a decent starter. I don’t really like the position you’re in with depth or startable guys. Tua is not looking very promising, burrow will be a question mark to even play next year, and the RB group is rough. I’d package as many of those other guys as it takes and add picks to get a startable RB. Might be hard at this point but that’s the next step here. Get one more startable player at a time. I wouldn’t rely on picks unless they are guaranteed early. Mid to late round firsts and anything after I would package for more likely solid production.
I hear what you're saying. I'm wondering what would make you put Ertz in the same tier as Moore & Mclaurin, but not Sutton? At least Sutton has an excuse for not performing this year. To me Ertz has zero trade value at this point.
Also not sure how you could say Tua is not looking very promising... I think he's looked very good considering he has zero weapons to work with on that team. I'm not trying to be defensive, just asking for you to elaborate.

I know my roster outlook looks bleak.. That's kind of the point. I traded away almost all of my players to rebuild this year. I'm not going to compete next year, looking to build this over the next 1-2 years to a true competitor.
Keep in mind this is a keep 7 league, so this is probably not as dire as it would look in a pure dynasty.

Right now the way I see it I have 5 solid protectable players:
Burrow
DJ Moore
Terry Mclaurin
Courtland Sutton
Denzel Mims

I will look to move pieces/picks to pick up an RB2 type as you suggested. Maybe Ronald Jones or someone in that tier.. I have my eyes on Cam Akers but don't know if I can pull that off without giving up the 1.01.
Anyway I'll pick up a RB, and then have 1.01 to get what I feel will be a stud RB (Najee, ETN, or Javonte depending on the landing spot... side note: can you imagine the hype if one of these guys goes to Pittsburgh?).

Going into next year I'm looking to have a really solid 7 keepers, and then I basically own next year's draft. I can make moves from there to be a true competitor.

I appreciate the advice and I'm hoping my optimism is realistic.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:33 pm

Really like what you've done. I would try and move Ertz for a Harrison Bryant, Cole Kmet type if you can. I'd move Sutton as his value increases heading into next season as you are still a few years out. Keep building at WR and TE. Add RBs closer to the time when you are ready to compete.

For reference, I paid rookie 14 and rookie 26 picks for Sutton in season.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Fri Jul 09, 2021 8:51 pm

It’s been a while but just made another move:

Received: Tee Higgins, Diontae Johnson, & James Conner
For: 2021 3.01 and a 2022 2nd

Still not ready to compete with my RB situation but I’m liking my WR room now.

ProfPoobah
Role Player
Role Player

Postby ProfPoobah » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:27 pm

Think you could move Tevin Coleman and Cam Newton for long-term RB prospects? Either now, or as long as they are nominally the #1 options?
Team 1 - 10-Team SF Full PPR - QB/2RB/2WR/TE/SF/3FLEX
QB - Jackson/Fields/Prescott/Garoppolo/Brissett/Lance
RB - Bijan/Breece/Stevenson/Foreman/Kelley/Hull/DJackson
WR - Chase/AJBrown/Wilson/Nucua/DJohnson/EMoore/Chark/DRobinson
TE - LaPorta/McBride/Fant
TAXI - Levis/Shaheed/Perry/Scott/Iosivas/CJones/Dulcich/Kraft/Likely/DAllen
2024 - 1.08, 2.02, 4.01
2025 - 1, 2, 3, 4, 4
2026 - 1, 2, 3, 4

Team 2 - 12-Team SF Full PPR - TE .5 Prem - QB/RB/2WR/SF/4FLEX
QB - Jackson/Goff/Murray/Ridder/Brissett
RB - KWilliams/Swift/AJones/Dowdle
WR - Chase/Waddle/Metcalf/Higgins/Mims/Jennings
TE - JJohnson/Mallory/Woods
TAXI - Hooker/RJohnson/Spears/Chandler/Iosivas
IR - Smith-Schuster
2024 - 1.05, 1.08, 2.02, 3.06, 3.07, 4.05
2025 - 1,2,2,2,3
2026 - 2,3,4

Lazy Ass Mastermind
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Lazy Ass Mastermind » Sat Jul 10, 2021 4:58 am

ProfPoobah wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:27 pm Think you could move Tevin Coleman and Cam Newton for long-term RB prospects? Either now, or as long as they are nominally the #1 options?
It’s a 7 keeper league so unfortunately no one is going to touch those guys in this format.