McCaffrey value SF

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Djr2723
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

McCaffrey value SF

Postby Djr2723 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:08 am

I’m currently in 10th out of 12, and my team really is not that good. I was thinking of moving McCaffrey since it will probably be a couple of years before I’m a contender. Would kind of an offer should I be looking at? I’m looking for picks and younger guys in return
Team 1: 12 team SF ppr, 30 man roster. 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 2Flex
QB: Burrow, Fields, Love, Levis, Browning
RB: Walker, Etienne, Stevenson, Pierce, Herbert, Mattison, Charbonnet, Chandler, Spiller
WR: Chase, Garrett Wilson, Devonta Smith, Aiyuk, JSN, Dotson, Marshall, Hodgins, Scott, MVS
TE: Andrews, Engram, Likely, Dulcich, Kraft, Washington
2024: 1,4,4
2025: 1,2,3,4

Team 2: 14 team devy SF/TE 2ppr, 28 man roster. 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 2Flex
QB: Watson, Pickett, Lance, Darnold, Bennett
RB: Gibbs, Mostert, Herbert, Perine, Chandler, Carter
WR: Addison, Burks, Pickens, Mims, Peoples-Jones, Jennings, Reynolds, Berrios,
TE: Ferguson, Irv Smith Jr, Granson, Schoonmaker, Dissly
Taxi: Brock Bowers, Xavier Worthy, Dante Moore, Carnell Tate, Raheim Sanders, Will Shipley, Jaxson Dart, Jase McClellan, Arik Gilbert
2024 picks: 1,2,3,4,5
2025 picks: 1,2,3,4,5

never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: McCaffrey value SF

Postby never_punts » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:12 am

I'd shoot for two early 1sts and a young guy like Swift or Dobbins, or another young guy you believe in. You may get better offers too if you decide to hold him until he comes back and gets back to doing CMC things, haha
Team #1: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 4pt Pass - IDP
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX | DL, LB, DB
The Moore the Murray-er (2022 Champ 8-) )
QB: Burrow - Lamar - Kyler
RB: Ekeler - Saquon - Gainwell
WR: Amon Ra - Hopkins - Godwin - K.Allen- QJ - Hollywood - Diontae - Shaheed- Wandale - Woods
TE: Kelce - Engram - Ferg - Chig
DL: Hunter | LB: Okereke | DB: Bynum
'24 Picks: Late 1st, Early 2nd, Late 2nd

Team #2: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 6pt Pass - TE Prem
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX
Team #2 (0-0)
QB: Murray - Allen - Winston
RB: Cook - Saquon - Mattison - Hull
WR: Diontae - Tyreek - Lockett - Higgins - Chark - TMJ - Kirk - Dell
TE: Ertz - Engram - Mayer
'24 Picks: My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:12 am

Djr2723 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:08 am I’m looking for picks and younger guys in return
Theres your answer. Minimum of 4 1sts value wise. Maybe more.

Dynasty19
Starter
Starter

Postby Dynasty19 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:16 am

I would aim for a young QB and picks with it being a superflex league.
10 Team - Full PPR
QB - Wentz, Mayfield, Carr
RB - Chubb, Bell, Conner, Lindsay, McKinnon
WR - Adams, OBJ, AJ Brown, McLaurin, Cooks, Crowder, Watkins
TE - Engram, Goedert, Howard, Knox

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:18 am

A young QB or good young asset and an early 1st would be a nice return in SF.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:31 am

I'm assuming you are talking about your Team #1: Lets take a quick look at it:

QB: Burrow, Kyle Allen, Driskel, Winston, Trubisky, Stidham, Rosen, Hoyer
Okay... I see a problem, yea, 1 starter here in Burrow.
First off, Kyle Allen, sell him. Take a 2nd from a competitive team that needs the QB depth. If you can't find a second, take a 3rd. He's not going to do anything on your roster. I would send offers to every single one in the league Allen for a 2nd. Once they all reject, do the same for a 3rd.

RB: CMC, Jacobs, Lindsay, McKissic, Mattison, Snell, Gallman, Huntley, Foreman
Not a bad group. In fact some decent value here. CMC and Jacobs are your starters with Lindsay a flex/fill in. Sell McKissic and Mattison. Mattison can hopefully net you a 2nd from a competitive team if they have Cook.

WR: Kirk, Hilton, Aiyuk, Raymond, Tyler Johnson, Dez Bryant, Arcega-Whiteside, Bisi Johnson, KJ Hill, Harmon
Ooph. well I was hoping this group would be better. Tyler Johnson is worth a hold, Aiyuk you want to hold onto too. All the rest are sells/drops.

TE: Andrews, Gesicki, Reed, Uzomah, Sample, Okwuegbunam, Brycen Hopkins, Moss
Andrews is the best of this group by far. Given your team, I would actually sell Andrews, you're looking at a multi (I think 2-3 year) rebuild. and in that time the top TEs are going to look different.

2021: 1,1,2,3,4
Well at least you have your picks :)

2022: 1,2,3,4

Overall:
Yea I think this is a complete tear down. There is only 1 player I'm interested in really building around (Burrow) and 2 players that I'm willing to keep on the roster to see if they improve value (Aiyuk and Johnson). All others I think you are better off selling if you can get decent value for them. So what are we looking for for decent value:

QB:
Kyle Allen: A late 2nd (well any second, but I doubt other rebuliders will give you their early 2nd). Take a late second and move on from him. If you can't get a second, get a 3rd.

RB:
CMC: He's the RB1. This high ankle sprain doesn't change that, unlike Barkley's ACL injury. He has a value of roughly 3+ 1sts for me, but what you want to do is move CMC for a young QB/WR and a pick. The good thing is that he is almost back from his injury, and he still should be a top 4-6 pick in startups next year. So lets talk about what to get for him: (1) you need to look at competative teams that have strong QBs/WRs that they can give up. My first target would be Dak. if he's on a competative team lets move CMC for Dak + 2021 1st. If Dak isn't available, just start at Murray and Watson, and work our way down the QB list. again the team would need to have sufficient QB depth to do this. Infact, Package CMC + Kyle Allen for a QB + something, that way they still get a QB.

Jacobs: Same type of deal as CMC except you likely can't hit those QBs that you'd be interested in. Sell him for a young up and coming WR, to a team that has good WRs but needs an extra RB.

McKissic: Take a 3rd, if you could get a 2nd awesome, doubt that is possible. Maybe he has value next year with Gibson, but I doubt it.

Lindsay: I'd let him play a couple games without (hopefully) Melvin, then sell him for a pick

Mattison: Sell him to the cook player ideally. If you can't get a 2nd, I think i'd rather hold onto him.

Snell: I think you can hold him.

WR:
Kirk: No idea what his value is, I'd think a mid 2nd. Its not horrible to hold him, he's a younger WR, but I really don't think he has a great ceiling in arizona.

Hilton: he done

Aiyuk: Keep him

Johnson: Keep him

TE:
Andrews: Sell him. a 2021 1st+ shouldn't be hard to get. The more competative the team is, the bigger that + should be. Sell him as the 3rd TE behind Kelce and Kittle.

Gesicki: Sell if you can, hold if no one wants him or you just don't get value there. Maybe the change to Tua will help?

Okwuegbunam: Hold for me. I want to see what he can do

Hopkins: Same a Okwuegbunam, I want to hold and see what happens

Future drafts:
for 2021 and probably 2022, you want to focus on QBs and WRs. They have longer careers. Obviously if you have a rookie RB ahead of a QB/WR then go for them, but all tie breakers should go to the QBs and WRs.

Best of luck in the rebuild. Stay active on waivers/Free agents. Make some trades (even small ones help). Your goal is to accumulate value and sell it for more.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:37 am

For reference, CMC was moved this offseason for 1.2, 1.3 and Waller. Some people in the league were upset because it seemed too cheap.
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

Djr2723
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Djr2723 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:39 am

abloom wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:31 am I'm assuming you are talking about your Team #1: Lets take a quick look at it:

QB: Burrow, Kyle Allen, Driskel, Winston, Trubisky, Stidham, Rosen, Hoyer
Okay... I see a problem, yea, 1 starter here in Burrow.
First off, Kyle Allen, sell him. Take a 2nd from a competitive team that needs the QB depth. If you can't find a second, take a 3rd. He's not going to do anything on your roster. I would send offers to every single one in the league Allen for a 2nd. Once they all reject, do the same for a 3rd.

RB: CMC, Jacobs, Lindsay, McKissic, Mattison, Snell, Gallman, Huntley, Foreman
Not a bad group. In fact some decent value here. CMC and Jacobs are your starters with Lindsay a flex/fill in. Sell McKissic and Mattison. Mattison can hopefully net you a 2nd from a competitive team if they have Cook.

WR: Kirk, Hilton, Aiyuk, Raymond, Tyler Johnson, Dez Bryant, Arcega-Whiteside, Bisi Johnson, KJ Hill, Harmon
Ooph. well I was hoping this group would be better. Tyler Johnson is worth a hold, Aiyuk you want to hold onto too. All the rest are sells/drops.

TE: Andrews, Gesicki, Reed, Uzomah, Sample, Okwuegbunam, Brycen Hopkins, Moss
Andrews is the best of this group by far. Given your team, I would actually sell Andrews, you're looking at a multi (I think 2-3 year) rebuild. and in that time the top TEs are going to look different.

2021: 1,1,2,3,4
Well at least you have your picks :)

2022: 1,2,3,4

Overall:
Yea I think this is a complete tear down. There is only 1 player I'm interested in really building around (Burrow) and 2 players that I'm willing to keep on the roster to see if they improve value (Aiyuk and Johnson). All others I think you are better off selling if you can get decent value for them. So what are we looking for for decent value:

QB:
Kyle Allen: A late 2nd (well any second, but I doubt other rebuliders will give you their early 2nd). Take a late second and move on from him. If you can't get a second, get a 3rd.

RB:
CMC: He's the RB1. This high ankle sprain doesn't change that, unlike Barkley's ACL injury. He has a value of roughly 3+ 1sts for me, but what you want to do is move CMC for a young QB/WR and a pick. The good thing is that he is almost back from his injury, and he still should be a top 4-6 pick in startups next year. So lets talk about what to get for him: (1) you need to look at competative teams that have strong QBs/WRs that they can give up. My first target would be Dak. if he's on a competative team lets move CMC for Dak + 2021 1st. If Dak isn't available, just start at Murray and Watson, and work our way down the QB list. again the team would need to have sufficient QB depth to do this. Infact, Package CMC + Kyle Allen for a QB + something, that way they still get a QB.

Jacobs: Same type of deal as CMC except you likely can't hit those QBs that you'd be interested in. Sell him for a young up and coming WR, to a team that has good WRs but needs an extra RB.

McKissic: Take a 3rd, if you could get a 2nd awesome, doubt that is possible. Maybe he has value next year with Gibson, but I doubt it.

Lindsay: I'd let him play a couple games without (hopefully) Melvin, then sell him for a pick

Mattison: Sell him to the cook player ideally. If you can't get a 2nd, I think i'd rather hold onto him.

Snell: I think you can hold him.

WR:
Kirk: No idea what his value is, I'd think a mid 2nd. Its not horrible to hold him, he's a younger WR, but I really don't think he has a great ceiling in arizona.

Hilton: he done

Aiyuk: Keep him

Johnson: Keep him

TE:
Andrews: Sell him. a 2021 1st+ shouldn't be hard to get. The more competative the team is, the bigger that + should be. Sell him as the 3rd TE behind Kelce and Kittle.

Gesicki: Sell if you can, hold if no one wants him or you just don't get value there. Maybe the change to Tua will help?

Okwuegbunam: Hold for me. I want to see what he can do

Hopkins: Same a Okwuegbunam, I want to hold and see what happens

Future drafts:
for 2021 and probably 2022, you want to focus on QBs and WRs. They have longer careers. Obviously if you have a rookie RB ahead of a QB/WR then go for them, but all tie breakers should go to the QBs and WRs.

Best of luck in the rebuild. Stay active on waivers/Free agents. Make some trades (even small ones help). Your goal is to accumulate value and sell it for more.
Really appreciate the feedback! You answered a lot of questions for me, and gave me lots of good advice. Thank you!
RB: Walker, Etienne, Stevenson, Pierce, Herbert, Mattison, Charbonnet, Chandler, Spiller
WR: Chase, Garrett Wilson, Devonta Smith, Aiyuk, JSN, Dotson, Marshall, Hodgins, Scott, MVS

Taxi: Brock Bowers, Xavier Worthy, Dante Moore, Carnell Tate, Raheim Sanders, Will Shipley, Jaxson Dart, Jase McClellan, Arik Gilbert

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:49 am

Djr2723 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:39 am
abloom wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:31 am I'm assuming you are talking about your Team #1: Lets take a quick look at it...
Really appreciate the feedback! You answered a lot of questions for me, and gave me lots of good advice. Thank you!
No problem, happy to. Also remember, you don't have to go out and blow it up all in one day. Though I'd probably start with the CMC move (especially if you have to package him with Kyle Allen).

R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

Djr2723
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Djr2723 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:07 am

abloom wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:49 am
abloom wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:31 am I'm assuming you are talking about your Team #1: Lets take a quick look at it...
No problem, happy to. Also remember, you don't have to go out and blow it up all in one day. Though I'd probably start with the CMC move (especially if you have to package him with Kyle Allen).
The guy who has Dak, definitely could use RB help. And he’s 4-2 so he’s competing. Only issue is he doesn’t have any 2021 picks. How close is Dak and Metcalf for CMC?
Helps with my QB and WR issues for the future

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:24 am

Djr2723 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:07 am
abloom wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:49 am

The guy who has Dak, definitely could use RB help. And he’s 4-2 so he’s competing. Only issue is he doesn’t have any 2021 picks. How close is Dak and Metcalf for CMC?
Helps with my QB and WR issues for the future
How he views Metcalf is going to vary wildly. You may have to settle for a piece other than Metcalf. Or maybe try to see if he'll take Kirk, Allen, and CMC for Dak and Metcalf (I don't know if i'd do that trade if i were him, but i also don't know his and the leagues full rosters).

Team #4 3rd

Team #5 4th

Team #6 orphan

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:22 am

First off, huge kudos to abloom for the amazing detail and feedback, some really great stuff there. I would agree almost 100% with everything he outlined. And I love the CMC, Allen, Kirk trade for Metcalf and Dak, I really think that is enticing and very fair/balanced, especially to a strong contender. Perfect time to try and move Kirk and you really don't have any other WR's to throw in instead (although I would essentially let him take his pick of your WR's if he turns the Kirk offer down, I would even move Aiyuk if necessary in this deal). This would leave you in a MUCH better spot going into next year - outside of Dak's injury being much longer/worse than what we currently know and/or Dallas not keeping him and him landing in a much worse situation. Both are decent risks but worth it IMO for your squad, good luck.