Honest opinions needed on what to do with this team

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Wizard
Role Player
Role Player

Honest opinions needed on what to do with this team

Postby Wizard » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:29 am

I need some honest opinions on what to do with this team. I was sure I had built a championship contending team but after 6 weeks I’m 1 and 11 (we play against a team and the median each week) in last place and with no first round pick. I still look at my roster and can’t believe its been this bad so maybe I’m blind to what I really have. At the beginning of the season I loaded my team into a few league comparison tools and I was always in the top 3 compared to everyone else. This is a 12 team SF with deep rosters, so I’ll only list my starter type players and up and coming players but take a look, what do you think? Should I “blow it up”, just tweak it a little or just write off this season and try again next year. FYI – I traded my 2021 first away to get Stafford a few weeks ago when I still had hope, so I don’t have a first anymore which is a bummer since my first is looking like the 1.01 at this point:

QBs – Murry, Stafford, Lock, Dalton, Waiting in the wings Winston
RBs – Mixon, Chubb, Mosert, Fournette. Waiting in the wings Breida, McFarland, Deejay Dallas
WR – Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, Sutton (IR), Mike Williams. Waiting in the wings, Corey Davis (yeah, I know), Curtis Samuel, Issabella, Bryan Edwards, Pittman
TE – Gesicki, Goedart, Herdon (wow, what a disappointment), Njoku
QB -Tom Brady, Nick Foles Deshaun Watson

RB - Kenyan Drake, Darrius Guise, Tevin Coleman, Leonard Fournett, Kareem Hunt, Justin Jackson, Jaylen Samuels, Carlos Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr., Jordan Wilkins, CJ Anderson, Chris Warren,

WR - Davante Adams , T.Y. Hilton, Courtland Sutton, Devin Funchess, Doug Baldwin, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Callaway, J’Mon Moore, Dylan Cantrell, Keith Kirkwood, James Richie

TE - Zach Ertz, Harris Demetrius, Hayden Hurst

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Honest opinions needed on what to do with this team

Postby JJRules » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:42 am

Early injuries to Chubb, MT, Adams, Sutton, Goedert really derailed your team so far. I know that football is a violent sport, and injuries happen, etc., but there was no way to predict injuries to this many of your starters.

Your lineup looks great, you just need some folks to heal up and hope they perform up to expectations when they do.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:46 am

Health looks to have played a big factor here. Your team is solid overall, but injuries have crushed you this year. I think your window is still open for a couple years, so I would not over react with trades and you may just have to take this season as a loss unfortunately. At the same time, if Mostert has a solid few weeks post injury, I would look to move him depending on return. Otherwise, I think you should hold and it is what it is this year because of health.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:02 am

This is a 12 team SF
Kind of need to know starting requirements, but i'll assume QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, SF, Flex, Flex. My analysis may very well change if you have smaller starting requirements.

QBs – Murry, Stafford, Lock, Dalton, Waiting in the wings Winston
QBs look good. Ultimately depends how Lock does. Dalton certainly has value and if you are 1-11 should likely be sold. Hopefully for a late 1st.

RBs – Mixon, Chubb, Mosert, Fournette. Waiting in the wings Breida, McFarland, Deejay Dallas
Not my favorite group, but certainly fine. The group is getting a little old and I wouldn't hesistate to trade away every single one of these rbs if you can. The only player I am remotely interested in keeping is Chubb, but if you need a serious rebuild he's tradeable too.

WR – Michael Thomas, Davante Adams, Sutton (IR), Mike Williams. Waiting in the wings, Corey Davis (yeah, I know), Curtis Samuel, Issabella, Bryan Edwards, Pittman
Yup I'm seeing why your team is where it is. Too many injuries, not enough depth to cover those injuries. On the plus side this is a group of WRs that you can keep unless you are blown away by an offer. no one here is incredibly old, I don't mind selling MT and Adams for decent value.

TE – Gesicki, Goedart, Herdon (wow, what a disappointment), Njoku
Not just herdon, every one of your TEs is a disappointment this year. Certainly could have been an amazing group. Nothing special here, but with Ertz's injury and lack of plays this year I think Goedart is closer to carving out the TE1 role in Phily.

2021 picks:
No first, well thats a bummer. Yea would have been nice to rebuild with that pick.

Analysis:
you're 1-11 because of injuries to MT, Adams, Sutton, Chubb, Mosert, Goedart?, Lock? and serious regression to fournette. You likely have an uphill battle to reach the playoffs this year. I don't think getting your players a year older will yield better results.

I would go ahead and blow it up. Does it suck that you traded away the 1.01? yes, yes it does. But you will only compound that error if you don't rebuild and find yourself in the same shape next year waiting for your 2022 1.01. So first things first, lets look at your QBs. you have Stafford and Dalton (you're keeping murray). First thing I do, is look at the Dak owner. IF they are competative offer then Stafford, Dalton, and some other piece for Dak. Honestly I have no idea off the top of my head how to value that trade but I don't think it should need to be a big piece to get Dak. Alternatively package Stafford, Dalton, and Mixon/MT/Adams and get Dak and a young promissing piece (and maybe a pick??) back.

Now if Dak isn't attainable, thats fine too. Lets just sell sell sell. For each deal you are looking to get picks and/or young promising WRs. I would look to move MT, Adams, Williams (if he puts up a solid game), Mixon, Chubb, Mostert, Dalton.

Your TEs I think you have to keep becuase they aren't valuable enough right now, and I'd hold onto Lock. Again as I said above, I'd look to move stafford, but it needs to be to the right team that will allow you to get a QB back.

I'd build a team around:
QB: Murray, Lock
WR: Pittman, Edwards

unless you make some phenominal trades or hit big in the rookie drafts, I think you are looking at a multi year rebuild ahead of you.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:38 am

I'm in the camp of not blowing it up. Maybe a few tweaks here and there but I think you have a window to compete now. If in a few week you know for sure you wont be doing anything this year, I would definitely shop Dalton and Mostert.