Selling Hebert for Dillon

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Selling Hebert for Dillon

Postby zoster80 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:46 am

For Zo Nasty below

I took Herbert in the mid 3rd because he was BPA, but not the biggest fan. I have a guy asking about him.

He's offering Dillon straight up for him, sound like a win, but A Jones is looking real good so he may get resigned. Also I have Rodgers and Brees on this team, is Hebert worth keeping since I need to start to think about youth at the position?
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Selling Hebert for Dillon

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:54 am

Herbert may be your long term QB answer with your aging QB room.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:00 pm

I think you need to hold him. Your teams starting to look like the 80's raiders when they went from the silver and black to the old and grey. I am not saying tear it down but you need to really work on putting youth on your bench so you can maintain or that will become your best option sooner over later.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:14 pm

Yarnith wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:00 pm I think you need to hold him. Your teams starting to look like the 80's raiders when they went from the silver and black to the old and grey. I am not saying tear it down but you need to really work on putting youth on your bench so you can maintain or that will become your best option sooner over later.
Yeah I know the team had a great run, I've been the highest scorer for 5 years in a row with a few ships, and my WR's are still decently young enough that I can build around them, but I haven't been able to get cornerstone type RB, but the market in this league tough, really the way to get one is drafting one. I have two firsts next year, and If my team starts falling apart, I may start the sell off.

The Dillon move was to try to get another young RB in the room to maybe have a shot as a starter next year. I maybe can get a shot at Watson as the guy who owns Murray wants to move him...he seems like a good buy low right now.

If I can't swing that Watson deal or another young QB i'll probably stick with Herbert.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:38 pm

I think QB is fairly easy to replace in a one QB league. This feels like a prime chance to sell on Herbert after one decent outing, you wouldn’t have gotten this offer preseason, and it may disappear next week. Unless you don’t like Dillon, or not a believer in his talent, I would take the deal. I think there’s a better chance Dillon is worth more this offseason than Herbert.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:54 pm

zoster80 wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:14 pm
Yarnith wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:00 pm I think you need to hold him. Your teams starting to look like the 80's raiders when they went from the silver and black to the old and grey. I am not saying tear it down but you need to really work on putting youth on your bench so you can maintain or that will become your best option sooner over later.
Yeah I know the team had a great run, I've been the highest scorer for 5 years in a row with a few ships, and my WR's are still decently young enough that I can build around them, but I haven't been able to get cornerstone type RB, but the market in this league tough, really the way to get one is drafting one. I have two firsts next year, and If my team starts falling apart, I may start the sell off.

The Dillon move was to try to get another young RB in the room to maybe have a shot as a starter next year. I maybe can get a shot at Watson as the guy who owns Murray wants to move him...he seems like a good buy low right now.

If I can't swing that Watson deal or another young QB i'll probably stick with Herbert.
Try to get the Watson deal done before this weekend. They have had some tough matchups so far he is only gonna tick up in cost. I would rather have Murray with Herbert on my bench and sell my vets now. That locks up any real need at QB for a long stretch. If Herbert blows up sell him at max value and if he doesn't he is a fine backup for you.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu