Darnell Mooney!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
OhSnapItsAnt
Captain
Captain
Posts: 931
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:51 am

Darnell Mooney!

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:10 pm

First off, want to make sure this guy is on all your radars! Looks legit!
6 for 6 catches 74 yards and 1 TD in 2 games.

FAST and TOUGH for his size.

Starting to get trade offers after tonight’s performance and wanted to see what you guys think he’s worth?
Team 1:
12 Team PPR 28 roster
1-QB 2-RB 3-WR 3-Flex 1-TE 1-K 1-Def

QB- Patrick Mahomes, Drew Lock

RB- David Montgomery, Marlon Mack, Rashaad Penny, Chase Edmonds, Tony Pollard, Benny Snell, Anthony McFarland

WR- Keenan Allen, DJ Moore, DJ Chark, Tyler Boyd, Tee Higgins, Michael Gallup, Andy Isabella, Miles Boykin, Darnell Mooney, Collin Johnson, DPJ

TE- George Kittle, Mark Andrews, Travis Kelce, Irv Smith

K- Justin Tucker
Def- Seattle

Team 2:
12 Team Standard
1-QB 2-RB 2-WR 1-TE 2-Flex 1-K 1-Def

QB- Deshaun Watson, Kyler Murray

RB- Alvin Kamara, Aaron Jones, Jonathan Taylor, Swift

WR- Mike Evans, DJ Moore, Amari Cooper, Scary Terry, Tyler Boyd

TE- Mark Andrews, Irv Smith

Whatevs6
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:17 am

Re: Darnell Mooney!

Postby Whatevs6 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:51 am

I drafted him with my last pick and sent him to taxi. I'm a big fan. That being said, I think he's strictly a hold at this point. You probably couldn't get more than a 3rd which is practically worthless and not worth giving up on his potential IMHO.
12 Team Dynasty non-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 IDP

QB: R. Wilson
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Jones, C. Edmonds, B. Hill, B. Scott, W. Gallman Jr., M. Ingram, B. Love, E. Benjamin, J. McNichols
WR: T. Lockett, D. Parker, M. Jones Jr., J. Crowder, C. Kirk, Ant. Brown, Tre. Smith, M. Boykin, A. Isabella, L. Shenault, M. Johnson
TE: D. Waller, L. Thomas
K:
DEF: Kansas City

User avatar
Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 28449
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:17 am
Contact:

Re: Darnell Mooney!

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:50 am

I would hold and see what you have.

Rustycage
Starter
Starter
Posts: 584
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:23 pm

Re: Darnell Mooney!

Postby Rustycage » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:51 am

Yeah, I am holding him too. I picked him off the ww last week and am glad I won the bid. It's an exciting find!
Team 1: 12 Team Dynasty IDP (2020 Champs!)
QB - Smith, Gannon, Wentz, (IR, Dak)
RB - A. Jones, CEH, JKD, JT
WR - Hopkins, Golladay, Ridley, Hardman, Cephrus, Mooney, Reynolds, D. Robinson, Higgins, Pittman
TE - Fant, Gesicki,
DL: Garret, Young, Davenport, Aldon Smith, McKinley, Simmons
LB: Evans, White, D. Campbell, Goodson, Watt, Hitchens, (IR, McKinney)
DB: Neal, Vaccaro, Fuller, McLeod, Maye, Harris

2021: 1(early/mid), 4,5,6,6,7
2022: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

Team 2: 12 Team Dynasty SF (2020 Champs!)
QB - Darnold, Mayfield, Dalton, Haskins
RB - CMC, Kamara, Henry, Coleman, Breida, Guice
WR - Adams, Julio, Diontae, Reynolds, ARob, Tate, Pascal
TE - Waller, Hurst, Ian Thomas, O'Shaughnessy

2021: 3,4
2022: 1,2,3,4

User avatar
Prison_Mike
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1594
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:57 am

Re: Darnell Mooney!

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:00 am

Whatevs6 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:51 am
I drafted him with my last pick and sent him to taxi. I'm a big fan. That being said, I think he's strictly a hold at this point. You probably couldn't get more than a 3rd which is practically worthless and not worth giving up on his potential IMHO.
x2
He's a hold for me as you wouldn't really be profiting by selling for a 3rd, which I doubt you've received anything more than that.

He's actually available on waivers for my Team 1.
Contemplating overpaying on FAAB to ensure I get him
Team 1:
12-team | Half PPR | 1QB - (Year 2)
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLX
QB: Dak, Stafford, Fitzpatrick
RB: Saquon, Sanders, Drake, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Penny, Wilson
WR: Hopkins, OBJ, Kirk, MJJ, Crowder, Patrick, Mooney, Davis, Meyers, Tate, Tyrell
TE: Engram, Jonnu, Ian Thomas, Olsen, K.Smith

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | 1QB - (Year 2)
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, DST, K
QB: Dak, Cam, Big Ben, Dalton
RB: Zeke, Sanders, Bell, Dobbins, Conner, Robinson, Justice, T.Williams
WR: Hopkins, Keenan, Boyd, DJM, Lamb, Miller, D-Jax, AB, Stills
TE: Engram, Hock, Ian Thomas, Herndon, Oliver
(Taxi): Mooney, Reed

Team 3:
10-team | PPR | 1QB
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1DST, 1K
QB: Ryan, Brees, Bridgewater, (Taxi) - Hurts, Love
RB: Sanders, Conner, Ingram/Edwards/Hill, Mack, Coleman, Royce, T.Johnson
WR: Thomas, Julio, A-Rob, Boyd, Diontae, M.Williams, Meyers
TE: Waller, Ertz, Jonnu, I.Thomas, Sternberger

User avatar
Needalife
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: Darnell Mooney!

Postby Needalife » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:12 am

I don't see him ever cracking your starting lineup. I'd try to move Mooney/3rd for a 2nd. I'd next settle for 3rd/4th to use as currency to move around the draft next year.
TEAM 1 - 12 TEAM PPR TE PREMIUM - 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 3 FX / 1 DL / 2 LB / 2 DB / 1 DFX
QB: Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford
RB: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Miles Sanders, Joe Mixon, Austen Ekeler, Boston Scott, Gio Bernard, Kalen Ballage, Derrius Guice
WR: Julio Jones, Cooper Kupp, Amari Cooper, Courtland Suttion, Parris Campbell, Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims, Bryan Edwards, JJ Arcega-Whiteside
TE: Dallas Goedert, Hunter Henry, Logan Thomas, Cole Kmet, Ian Thomas
DL: Jason Pierre-Paul
LB: Darius Leonard, Jayon Brown, Foyesade Oluokon, Matt Milano, De'Vondre Campbell, Tyrell Adams, Dre Greenlaw, Leighton Vander Esch
DB: Jordan Poyer, Jeremy Chinn, Tracy Walker, Xavier McKinney
2021 PICKS: 2nd

Njpell
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 163
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Re: Darnell Mooney!

Postby Njpell » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:08 pm

Whatevs6 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:51 am
I drafted him with my last pick and sent him to taxi. I'm a big fan. That being said, I think he's strictly a hold at this point. You probably couldn't get more than a 3rd which is practically worthless and not worth giving up on his potential IMHO.
Agreed. Unless he surprises you with a second hold.

jjleurquin
Captain
Captain
Posts: 882
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 4:10 pm

Re: Darnell Mooney!

Postby jjleurquin » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:17 pm

Needalife wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:12 am
I don't see him ever cracking your starting lineup. I'd try to move Mooney/3rd for a 2nd. I'd next settle for 3rd/4th to use as currency to move around the draft next year.
I mean he should've been a 4th rounder in your draft this year, considering how deep this class was I think that moves him up and the fact that he's even producing already is a great sign. I got him in a league thinking I'd have to wait a season or 2. Not only has he done what we hoped and earned the WR3 spot this quick in his career, but in week 2 he was actually the WR2. He outsnapped Miller 39-26 if you'd give him up for a 3rd I would absolutely buy from you. Dynasty is not won by trading players with this potential for a 3rd rounder.
Team 1 12 team PPR SF
QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-F-F-SF

QB-Mahomes, Bridgewater, Dalton
RB-Conner, Hunt, Vaughn, Henderson, Edmonds, Evans, Dillon
WR-Godwin, Gallup, Claypool, Hardman, C. Samuel, Renfrow, Lazard, Washington, Isabella, Mooney, G.Davis, Ford, Cole,
TE-Kittle, Ertz, Reed, Bryant

2021-1,1,3,4,4,4

Team 2 12 team .5PPR SF
QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-WR-TE-F-F-SF

QB-Rodgers, Goff, Darnold
RB-Ekeler, Jones, Montgomery, Conner, Henderson, Breida, Dillon, McKinnon,
WR-Julio, MT, Evans, Green, Shepard, Renfrow, G.Tate, Ford,
TE-Kittle, Hurst, Everett, K.Smith, Akins
2021-1,1,2,4

User avatar
Needalife
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3016
Joined: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: Darnell Mooney!

Postby Needalife » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:02 pm

jjleurquin wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:17 pm
Needalife wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:12 am
I don't see him ever cracking your starting lineup. I'd try to move Mooney/3rd for a 2nd. I'd next settle for 3rd/4th to use as currency to move around the draft next year.
I mean he should've been a 4th rounder in your draft this year, considering how deep this class was I think that moves him up and the fact that he's even producing already is a great sign. I got him in a league thinking I'd have to wait a season or 2. Not only has he done what we hoped and earned the WR3 spot this quick in his career, but in week 2 he was actually the WR2. He outsnapped Miller 39-26 if you'd give him up for a 3rd I would absolutely buy from you. Dynasty is not won by trading players with this potential for a 3rd rounder.
I hear ya but guys like Mooney can very quickly go to zero value and get dropped. I always prefer picks in cases like this to use as currency for deals later. The odds of Mooney becoming a thing are slim, not to mention that it would take Trubisky to make that happen... he's barely able to get the ball to ARob these days.
TEAM 1 - 12 TEAM PPR TE PREMIUM - 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 3 FX / 1 DL / 2 LB / 2 DB / 1 DFX
QB: Deshaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, Matthew Stafford
RB: Clyde Edwards-Helaire, Miles Sanders, Joe Mixon, Austen Ekeler, Boston Scott, Gio Bernard, Kalen Ballage, Derrius Guice
WR: Julio Jones, Cooper Kupp, Amari Cooper, Courtland Suttion, Parris Campbell, Jamison Crowder, Denzel Mims, Bryan Edwards, JJ Arcega-Whiteside
TE: Dallas Goedert, Hunter Henry, Logan Thomas, Cole Kmet, Ian Thomas
DL: Jason Pierre-Paul
LB: Darius Leonard, Jayon Brown, Foyesade Oluokon, Matt Milano, De'Vondre Campbell, Tyrell Adams, Dre Greenlaw, Leighton Vander Esch
DB: Jordan Poyer, Jeremy Chinn, Tracy Walker, Xavier McKinney
2021 PICKS: 2nd

Whatevs6
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:17 am

Re: Darnell Mooney!

Postby Whatevs6 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:27 pm

Needalife wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:02 pm
jjleurquin wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:17 pm
Needalife wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:12 am
I don't see him ever cracking your starting lineup. I'd try to move Mooney/3rd for a 2nd. I'd next settle for 3rd/4th to use as currency to move around the draft next year.
I mean he should've been a 4th rounder in your draft this year, considering how deep this class was I think that moves him up and the fact that he's even producing already is a great sign. I got him in a league thinking I'd have to wait a season or 2. Not only has he done what we hoped and earned the WR3 spot this quick in his career, but in week 2 he was actually the WR2. He outsnapped Miller 39-26 if you'd give him up for a 3rd I would absolutely buy from you. Dynasty is not won by trading players with this potential for a 3rd rounder.
I hear ya but guys like Mooney can very quickly go to zero value and get dropped. I always prefer picks in cases like this to use as currency for deals later. The odds of Mooney becoming a thing are slim, not to mention that it would take Trubisky to make that happen... he's barely able to get the ball to ARob these days.
Zero value is definitely a possibility, but if he's really replacing Anthony Miller (which week 2 snaps do indicate), then Mooney should soon hold at least as much value as Miller did as a rookie.

For the record, Mooney reminds me a lot of John Brown in that he was drafted somewhat late, had a great rookie camp, and flashed early on. A 2nd would be mighty tempting, but I definitely wouldn't sell for a 3rd.
12 Team Dynasty non-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX, 1 K, 1 DEF, 4 IDP

QB: R. Wilson
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Jones, C. Edmonds, B. Hill, B. Scott, W. Gallman Jr., M. Ingram, B. Love, E. Benjamin, J. McNichols
WR: T. Lockett, D. Parker, M. Jones Jr., J. Crowder, C. Kirk, Ant. Brown, Tre. Smith, M. Boykin, A. Isabella, L. Shenault, M. Johnson
TE: D. Waller, L. Thomas
K:
DEF: Kansas City

HughHoney
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3139
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:55 pm

Re: Darnell Mooney!

Postby HughHoney » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:46 am

I’m interested enough to climb on board for a bit. Picked him up off waivers and stashed on the taxi squad in one of my leagues.
12 Team, 24-man Roster, 4-man TS, PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 DEF

QB: Wilson, Minshew, Brissett
RB: Kamara, CEH, Gordon, Hines, Samuels, Gio, Love, C Edmonds
WR: OBJ, Kupp, Deebo Samuel, Reagor, Mike Williams, Mims, Watkins, Diontae Johnson, Devernay, Boykin, K Harmon, Pettis, Coutee, J Meyers, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Hurst
DEF: CAR
2021 picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

User avatar
nosferatu
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:01 pm

Re: Darnell Mooney!

Postby nosferatu » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:49 am

He's a hold. Need a 2nd to move him.
A - 12tm PPR: QB, SFLX, 3RB, 3WR, TE, FLX

QBs: Burrow, Darnold, Rypien
RBs: Dillon, Wilson, junk
WRs: Julio, Chark, Reagor, Samuel, Preston, Shepard, Lazard, Gage, Boykin
TEs: Herndon, Sternberger
2021: 1.01, 1.02, 1.06, 1.08 1.10, 2.01, 3.01, 3.06, 4.01

B - 12tm PPR: QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLX (SFLX in 2022)

QBs: Mahomes, Ryan, Eason
RBs: Cook, Jones, Gordon, Robinson, Gibson, Mattison, Harris, Jackson, Hasty, Michel
WRs: Adams, Nuk, Golladay, Boyd, Preston, Shepard, Gage, Harry
TEs: Hurst, Ebron, Graham
2021: 1.11, 3.11, 4.11 2022: 1, 2, 3, 4

User avatar
Prison_Mike
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1594
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:57 am

Re: Darnell Mooney!

Postby Prison_Mike » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:58 am

Was really happy to see I got him for $5 FAAB this morning (Team 1)

Gives me two shares, think I drafted him in the late 4th for Team 2
Team 1:
12-team | Half PPR | 1QB - (Year 2)
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLX
QB: Dak, Stafford, Fitzpatrick
RB: Saquon, Sanders, Drake, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Penny, Wilson
WR: Hopkins, OBJ, Kirk, MJJ, Crowder, Patrick, Mooney, Davis, Meyers, Tate, Tyrell
TE: Engram, Jonnu, Ian Thomas, Olsen, K.Smith

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | 1QB - (Year 2)
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, DST, K
QB: Dak, Cam, Big Ben, Dalton
RB: Zeke, Sanders, Bell, Dobbins, Conner, Robinson, Justice, T.Williams
WR: Hopkins, Keenan, Boyd, DJM, Lamb, Miller, D-Jax, AB, Stills
TE: Engram, Hock, Ian Thomas, Herndon, Oliver
(Taxi): Mooney, Reed

Team 3:
10-team | PPR | 1QB
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1DST, 1K
QB: Ryan, Brees, Bridgewater, (Taxi) - Hurts, Love
RB: Sanders, Conner, Ingram/Edwards/Hill, Mack, Coleman, Royce, T.Johnson
WR: Thomas, Julio, A-Rob, Boyd, Diontae, M.Williams, Meyers
TE: Waller, Ertz, Jonnu, I.Thomas, Sternberger


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: heydangle and 6 guests