Mixon SUCKS!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
jobiegermano
Captain
Captain

Mixon SUCKS!

Postby jobiegermano » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:55 pm

That is all.

Okay, no it’s not, I eff’in can’t stand it.

I burned a R1P2 back in 2017 passing on Cook, CMC, and Hunt!!

He was supposed to be the best pure talent in draft that year and going to a good situation. HE SUCKS! Every year I start with thinking this is the year I see my return, but NO.

And there is no sell high, hell they use Bernard on two minute drives still. WTF is happening?! They paid him all the money and keep him on the sidelines when healthy for eff’in Bernard?!

How do I move on? Should I move on? What is the best I can expect to get for him? Do I just wait for him to have one good game and dump his bleep? My roster is correct in my signature.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
Bling Dyna$ty:
10 Owners, Single QB, Non-PPR, TDs = 6
16 Player Roster, 2 Year Taxi Squad
10 Keepers, 2 Round Rookie Draft, 6 Round Supplemental Auction
$100 Combined Auction/FAAB Dollar Base
Lineup: QB, 2xRB, 2xWR, TE, RWT(FLEX), DEF, K

QB: P. Mahomes, B. Mayfield
RB: C. McCaffrey, D. Montgomery, R. Mostert, Jeff Wilson Jr., R. Dowdle, D'Ernest Johnson
WR: D. Moore, P. Nacua, S. Diggs, K. Allen
TE: T. Kelce, I. Likely
K: B. Aubrey
DEF: Browns
IR: N/A
Taxi: N/A

2024 Rookie (Taxi) Picks: 0 x 1st & 0 x 2nd
2024 Auction/FAAB: $100
2025 Rookie (Taxi) Picks: 0 x 1st & 0 x 2nd
2025 Auction/FAAB: $100
2026 Rookie (Taxi) Picks: 1 x 1st & 1 x 2nd
2026 Auction/FAAB: $100

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mixon SUCKS!

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:10 pm

I'm disappointed too. I would hold and hope he gets it going. The issue I see, is the Bengals are always going to be behind and abandon the run early. At the same time, it's only been two weeks but I had a "I'm super disappointed" in Mixon chat with my brother tonight.

jobiegermano
Captain
Captain

Postby jobiegermano » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:37 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:10 pm I'm disappointed too. I would hold and hope he gets it going. The issue I see, is the Bengals are always going to be behind and abandon the run early. At the same time, it's only been two weeks but I had a "I'm super disappointed" in Mixon chat with my brother tonight.
But he is great at catching out of the backfield. He spent years hyping up how he was the next Lev Bell and honestly there’s a game here and there, when they use him right, that he looks that great. I just think Ohio coaches are complete idiot morons and so there simply will never be a chance for him to reach his potential in CIN, ever. 😢

PS. This is my 4th season on holding and hoping and getting nothing.
Bling Dyna$ty:

RB: C. McCaffrey, D. Montgomery, R. Mostert, Jeff Wilson Jr., R. Dowdle, D'Ernest Johnson

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:00 am

I'll send you an early 3rd

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:16 am

jobiegermano wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:37 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:10 pm I'm disappointed too. I would hold and hope he gets it going. The issue I see, is the Bengals are always going to be behind and abandon the run early. At the same time, it's only been two weeks but I had a "I'm super disappointed" in Mixon chat with my brother tonight.
But he is great at catching out of the backfield. He spent years hyping up how he was the next Lev Bell and honestly there’s a game here and there, when they use him right, that he looks that great. I just think Ohio coaches are complete idiot morons and so there simply will never be a chance for him to reach his potential in CIN, ever. 😢

PS. This is my 4th season on holding and hoping and getting nothing.
He’s great at catching out of the backfield for a true RB. When you add 3rd down backs into the equation he’s probably just good. In other words, Gio is better at blocking and Purely running routes in pass situations. Other than the horrendous goal line carry where he lost 4 yards, he looks fine, offensive line simply can’t run block. It’s frustrating, Barkley had had some similar frustrations, they’re better than some RBs that out produce the hell of them.

jamie11
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby jamie11 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:32 am

jobiegermano wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:55 pm That is all.

Okay, no it’s not, I eff’in can’t stand it.

I burned a R1P2 back in 2017 passing on Cook, CMC, and Hunt!!

He was supposed to be the best pure talent in draft that year and going to a good situation. HE SUCKS! Every year I start with thinking this is the year I see my return, but NO.

And there is no sell high, hell they use Bernard on two minute drives still. WTF is happening?! They paid him all the money and keep him on the sidelines when healthy for eff’in Bernard?!

How do I move on? Should I move on? What is the best I can expect to get for him? Do I just wait for him to have one good game and dump his bleep? My roster is correct in my signature.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!
Damn, you are really pissed. I hope you feel better now, friend.
Hey guys! Have you seen https://www.bestessays.com/ service before? You really should try it out!

jobiegermano
Captain
Captain

Postby jobiegermano » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:00 am

Krypto_King wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:00 am I'll send you an early 3rd
I bet I’d come out ahead!
Bling Dyna$ty:

jobiegermano
Captain
Captain

Postby jobiegermano » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:03 am

jamie11 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:32 am Damn, you are really pissed. I hope you feel better now, friend.
Haha, just needed to vent! But seriously, can I just go back in time and have CMC instead. I would have CMC and Barkley on the same team 💀
Bling Dyna$ty:

jobiegermano
Captain
Captain

Postby jobiegermano » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:08 am

Mtt33 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:16 am He’s great at catching out of the backfield for a true RB. When you add 3rd down backs into the equation he’s probably just good. In other words, Gio is better at blocking and Purely running routes in pass situations. Other than the horrendous goal line carry where he lost 4 yards, he looks fine, offensive line simply can’t run block. It’s frustrating, Barkley had had some similar frustrations, they’re better than some RBs that out produce the hell of them.
Growing up Steelers I probably deserve this. Should have never drafted him after seeing him punch his girlfriend like that. I just don’t think Gio is *that* much better than him. Especially since when he puts up a complete game he seems to get better as it goes on and the bungles seem to win too. Idk, maybe I have a blindspot 🤷🏻‍♂️
Bling Dyna$ty:

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:44 am

Mixons a good enough back it's just the Bengals let half there OL walk a few years ago and would ya look at that it's impossible to have an offense without an OL.
See eagles as well

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:24 am

jobiegermano wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:08 am
Mtt33 wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:16 am He’s great at catching out of the backfield for a true RB. When you add 3rd down backs into the equation he’s probably just good. In other words, Gio is better at blocking and Purely running routes in pass situations. Other than the horrendous goal line carry where he lost 4 yards, he looks fine, offensive line simply can’t run block. It’s frustrating, Barkley had had some similar frustrations, they’re better than some RBs that out produce the hell of them.
Growing up Steelers I probably deserve this. Should have never drafted him after seeing him punch his girlfriend like that. I just don’t think Gio is *that* much better than him. Especially since when he puts up a complete game he seems to get better as it goes on and the bungles seem to win too. Idk, maybe I have a blindspot 🤷🏻‍♂️
For the record, she wasn’t his girlfriend. She was a total stranger who had just called him the n-word. Not saying he should’ve punched her, but she definitely deserved to get punched.

I’m disappointed in Mixon’s start too, but slow starts seem to be his MO. I’m encouraged by the volume at least. He’s still gonna have some monster games this year. I wouldn’t panic after two games.

I actually have the opportunity to buy him for team 2 in my sig. Other owner wants DJ, Lockett and my 2021 late 1st (I’m the defending champ). I’m seriously considering it.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Irbir
Starter
Starter

Postby Irbir » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:49 am

Oh boy. Might as well just lock this thread now. It’s gonna get ugly.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:57 am

I think he has put on some weight for the NFL and it has really affected his explosiveness. The biggest problem is when he gets to the 2nd level he never makes that sweet move to break free and get huge run to really pad his stats.

He is a great receiver so it is frustrating that the Bengals don't use him more.

Sadly by the time the Bengals get the O-line and coaching issues all worked out Mixon will probably be past the point in age where people will consider him an elite dynasty asset even if he performs like one. Definitely seems like the kind of perpetual tease to flip in the offseason when everyone starts getting hyped on the "what ifs" again.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

dcr1984
Captain
Captain

Postby dcr1984 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:29 am

He’s super talented and only just turned 24. Nothing to do but be patient and hope the o line and usage situation improve.
Team 1: (20 man rosters)
10 team, negative 0.1 pt per pass, rush, reception. (1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 K / 1 DEF)

QB: Jackson, Geno
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Ekeler, Foreman, Patterson
WR: Hill, Wilson, Deebo, Allen, Jeudy, Meyers, Zay Jones, OBJ
TE: Hockenson
K: Dicker
Def: SF, Phi, Dallas

2023: 1.07

Team 2: (18 man rosters)
10 team, 0.5 PPR, 6 pt passing TD (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 WR/RB, 1 TE, K, Def)

Qb: Jackson, Cousins, Lance
RB: Taylor, Fournette, Gibson, Patterson, Gaskin, Elijah Mitchell
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, DJM, Lamb, Rondale Moore
TE: Kelce
Def: Cin

Team 3:
12 Team PPR SF/1.5 TE Premium (QB-2RB-3WR-2RB/WR/TE flex, 1 superflex)
QB: Jackson, Prescott, Lawrence
RB: Taylor, Swift, Henry, Hall, Patterson, Wilson, Burkhead, Ingram
WR: Adams, Lamb, A-Rob, JuJu, Calloway, Berrios,
TE: Kittle, Gesicki, Gronk, McBride, Hurst, Jonnu
2023: 2nd, 2nd
2024: 3,4

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:46 am

Vcize wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:57 am I think he has put on some weight for the NFL and it has really affected his explosiveness. The biggest problem is when he gets to the 2nd level he never makes that sweet move to break free and get huge run to really pad his stats.

He is a great receiver so it is frustrating that the Bengals don't use him more.

Sadly by the time the Bengals get the O-line and coaching issues all worked out Mixon will probably be past the point in age where people will consider him an elite dynasty asset even if he performs like one. Definitely seems like the kind of perpetual tease to flip in the offseason when everyone starts getting hyped on the "what ifs" again.
This is probably true. But if the Bengals did what the colts did a few years ago just used their draft picks on O line then he could be a stud...but what is the probability of that happening?? Lol
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6