Diggs Value Debate

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Diggs Value

Increase
67%
Decrease
33%

Total votes: 33

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Diggs Value Debate

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:26 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:54 am I think we can all agree that the situation is better. However, I think what some of us are not agreeing on is how that will translate into actual numbers. If we feel better about the situation, but his numbers dont change, does the value increase? In my mind - no. But maybe some of you disagree?

Ok, maybe this is a more relevant way to make my point. The best season by a WR from the Bills in almost 15 years is Lee Evans, who was arguably just as talented as Diggs and is probably the level of production Diggs will look to achieve or exceed this year.

2006: Lee Evans (on 138 targets) 82-1292-8.
8 Games in Buffalo: 36-501-3
8 Games Away: 46-791-5

I love Diggs, I love Allen, I love the Bills. Heck I love the city and the fans personally. Soak it all in while you can....just plan to have a quality backup for tough matchups on the road, and late fall/winter in Buffalo.....during the fantasy playoffs.
Dude, I think you just have to take the L here. Why are you bringing up a WR from 2006? Just let it go man. We all can't win every take.
The Other Woman Dynasty League - 12 Team PPR (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex)
QB: Herbert, Lance, Stafford
RB: Bijan, Hall, Cook, Chubb, Mattison
WR: Adams, Hill, Hopkins, Robinson
TE: Waller, Engram
-
You’re in this for Life - 12 Team 0.5 PPR
(QB, 1 RB, 1 WR, TE, 3 Flex)

QB: Fields, Young, Richardson, Smith
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, A. Jones
WR: Metcalf, JSN, Addison, Q. Johnston, Mingo, Rice
TE: Kincaid, Mayer, Gesicki
2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-
Dynasty Addiction - 12 Team PPR /SF (QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, SF)
QB: Lawrence, Fields
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Etienne, Walker
WR: AJ Brown, Godwin, Bateman
TE: Kittle

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:51 am

McCafsteez wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:26 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:54 am I think we can all agree that the situation is better. However, I think what some of us are not agreeing on is how that will translate into actual numbers. If we feel better about the situation, but his numbers dont change, does the value increase? In my mind - no. But maybe some of you disagree?

Ok, maybe this is a more relevant way to make my point. The best season by a WR from the Bills in almost 15 years is Lee Evans, who was arguably just as talented as Diggs and is probably the level of production Diggs will look to achieve or exceed this year.

I love Diggs, I love Allen, I love the Bills. Heck I love the city and the fans personally. Soak it all in while you can....just plan to have a quality backup for tough matchups on the road, and late fall/winter in Buffalo.....during the fantasy playoffs.
Dude, I think you just have to take the L here. Why are you bringing up a WR from 2006? Just let it go man. We all can't win every take.

Its not about Win/Loss for me. Its about understanding the question and responding in a real way to a question of “Will the value increase?”. In order to answer that we must establish
A) where the value/production is now and
B) where we expect the value/production to go, and
C) why? How’s it going to get there?

I’ve established A, B, and C on my end. You have provided much less substance to have you have arrived at your opinion and belief. I dont think you or anyone else is wrong. I doubt something. You believe in something. That’s Ok. I’m willing to discuss why we differ because maybe there is perspective that I’m missing. Thats all I care about. There’s no win or loss In my mind, its perspective. We chat, we all come out better. Like I said, we agree on many things about the situation - Diggs’ talent, Allens’ talent, etc.... But there are fine details that I am acknowledging and that you are willfully ignoring That are important in actually answering the question. Is there perspective that Im ignoring and/or that you aren’t sharing? I am open to hearing the A,B,C’s of your position beyond just Josh Allen + Diggs > Kirk Cousins + Diggs. Thats not how things work...there are other variables.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:54 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:51 am Its not about Win/Loss for me. Its about understanding the question and responding in a real way to a question of “Will the value increase?”. In order to answer that we must establish
A) where Godwin feels the value/production is now and
B) where Godwin expects the value/production to go, and
C) why? How’s it going to get there so Godwin can feel right?

Fixed this for you
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:11 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:54 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:51 am Its not about Win/Loss for me. Its about understanding the question and responding in a real way to a question of “Will the value increase?”. In order to answer that we must establish
A) where Murphy feels the value/production is now and
B) where Murphy expects the value/production to go, and
C) why? How’s it going to get there so Murphy can feel right?

Fixed this for you
We all have our own A,B,C’s (Except for stats. What Diggs has done in the past is a fact, not opinion) :think: Nobody is right about his future stats...yet. :biggrin: The only difference is that i share my thoughts front to back. I’m just questioning and challenging how everyone gets to their opinions. :eh:
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:48 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:54 am
A) where Godwin feels the value/production is now and
B) where Godwin expects the value/production to go, and
C) why? How’s it going to get there so Godwin can feel right?

Fixed this for you
x2 :lol: :clap:
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:51 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:11 am The only difference is that i share my thoughts front to back. I’m just questioning and challenging how everyone gets to their opinions. :eh:
Yeah, that is not how you come accross. You spend all your energy trying to bend people to how you think and portraying your opinion as a fact. News flash, it isn't fact.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:54 am

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:51 am
McCafsteez wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:26 am

Its not about Win/Loss for me. Its about understanding the question and responding in a real way to a question of “Will the value increase?”. In order to answer that we must establish
A) where the value/production is now and
B) where we expect the value/production to go, and
C) why? How’s it going to get there?

I’ve established A, B, and C on my end. You have provided much less substance to have you have arrived at your opinion and belief. I dont think you or anyone else is wrong. I doubt something. You believe in something. That’s Ok. I’m willing to discuss why we differ because maybe there is perspective that I’m missing. Thats all I care about. There’s no win or loss In my mind, its perspective. We chat, we all come out better. Like I said, we agree on many things about the situation - Diggs’ talent, Allens’ talent, etc.... But there are fine details that I am acknowledging and that you are willfully ignoring That are important in actually answering the question. Is there perspective that Im ignoring and/or that you aren’t sharing? I am open to hearing the A,B,C’s of your position beyond just Josh Allen + Diggs > Kirk Cousins + Diggs. Thats not how things work...there are other variables.
This is my last time replying to you on this thread. The overall point to this thread was is Diggs value going to increase or decrease. I said it would increase in which it has already. You have brought up statistics from almost two decades ago to try and show the difficulties of a WR in cold Buffalo weather. Even with those statistics, they have produced a 1,000 yard WR every other year which typically results in a productive FF season. That may hold true with Diggs, but it may not. Bottom line, Diggs has absolutely balled out so far with Josh Allen and is clearly the #1 WR there OVER John Brown (who for some reason you think is the WR1 over Diggs). I am not ignoring anything you are saying, you are just saying one thing after the next which isn't worth my time. I am not in the mood to discuss one thing after the next to make you feel good about feeling correct and fulfilling your narrative.

Diggs has an increasing value. *End thread.
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:10 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:51 am
The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:11 am The only difference is that i share my thoughts front to back. I’m just questioning and challenging how everyone gets to their opinions. :eh:
Yeah, that is not how you come accross. You spend all your energy trying to bend people to how you think and portraying your opinion as a fact. News flash, it isn't fact.
Can you tell me....what isnt fact in this thread?

I mean Diggs’ past production IS fact. How we evaluate his production is opinion (based on a set of facts)
The recent history of Buffalo WR’s IS fact. How we believe that will translate is opinion (based on a set of facts)
The geographic nature of Buffalo and its impact on outdoor sports in Buffalo IS fact. How we believe it will impact Buffalo WRs is opinion (based on a set of facts)

We all have an opinion that are based on facts. The best we can all do is present the facts that led us to our opinions and seek more perspective. I have presented the facts that have led to my opinion. What facts have led people to their opinion about Diggs besides Jared Allen is better than Kirk Cousins? Thats not an argumentative question - that is a very reasonable question.

Prime example: Amari Cooper went from Derek Carr and the Raiders to Dak Prescott and the Cowboys...look at his numbers.....did not change one bit. Maybe his value went up, but why? :think: I will admit that I like to lock horns with trendy behavior. Just because behavior is trendy doesnt make it sensible or true, and questioning it doesnt make me arrogant or self-absorbed. It is reasonable to call folly to the idea that a players value can go up without his actual production going up.

Just because you believe something doesnt make it true. Doesn’t make it WRONG. I never said anybody here was wrong. I just simply said “I doubt and here is why”.

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:

McCafsteez
All Pro
All Pro

Postby McCafsteez » Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:42 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:10 am
murphysxm wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:51 am
Can you tell me....what isnt fact in this thread?

I mean Diggs’ past production IS fact. How we evaluate his production is opinion (based on a set of facts)
The recent history of Buffalo WR’s IS fact. How we believe that will translate is opinion (based on a set of facts)
The geographic nature of Buffalo and its impact on outdoor sports in Buffalo IS fact. How we believe it will impact Buffalo WRs is opinion (based on a set of facts)

We all have an opinion that are based on facts. The best we can all do is present the facts that led us to our opinions and seek more perspective. I have presented the facts that have led to my opinion. What facts have led people to their opinion about Diggs besides Jared Allen is better than Kirk Cousins? Thats not an argumentative question - that is a very reasonable question.

Prime example: Amari Cooper went from Derek Carr and the Raiders to Dak Prescott and the Cowboys...look at his numbers.....did not change one bit. Maybe his value went up, but why? :think: I will admit that I like to lock horns with trendy behavior. Just because behavior is trendy doesnt make it sensible or true, and questioning it doesnt make me arrogant or self-absorbed. It is reasonable to call folly to the idea that a players value can go up without his actual production going up.

Just because you believe something doesnt make it true. Doesn’t make it WRONG. I never said anybody here was wrong. I just simply said “I doubt and here is why”.
I think a very valuable trait to possess in life is letting things go and realize you don't have to have the last say in everything. It is exhausting talking with you and I am sure others feel that way since you are debating with someone in almost every thread I read lol. **That is absolutely my last reply to you on this thread.
-

2024 Picks - (x3) 1sts
-