Feel like I'm a stud RB away

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Feel like I'm a stud RB away

Postby never_punts » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Sorry, kind of long... Team 1 in sig is my main, big money league. It's one of the best rosters in my league but I'm concerned my lack of a true stud rb may hold me back. The other top teams have CMC/Henry, Barkley/Jones, Cook/Sanders. I feel like I'm the "odd man out" with Mixon/Chubb, both looking to be sharing touches and ceding pass catching work to other backs.

I guess my question is, can I compete with these rbs and this roster? Or should I aggressively shop chubb+wr after a big game to get someone like kamara/ceh/JT/Jacobs?
Team #1: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 4pt Pass - IDP
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX | DL, LB, DB
The Moore the Murray-er (2022 Champ 8-) )
QB: Burrow - Lamar - Kyler
RB: Ekeler - Saquon - Gainwell
WR: Amon Ra - Hopkins - Godwin - K.Allen- QJ - Hollywood - Diontae - Shaheed- Wandale - Woods
TE: Kelce - Engram - Ferg - Chig
DL: Hunter | LB: Okereke | DB: Bynum
'24 Picks: Late 1st, Early 2nd, Late 2nd

Team #2: 12-Team - PPR - *SF* - 6pt Pass - TE Prem
25 Roster + 5 Taxi | QB, RB, 2-WR, TE, SFLX, 3-FLX
Team #2 (0-0)
QB: Murray - Allen - Winston
RB: Cook - Saquon - Mattison - Hull
WR: Diontae - Tyreek - Lockett - Higgins - Chark - TMJ - Kirk - Dell
TE: Ertz - Engram - Mayer
'24 Picks: My 1st, 2nd, and 3rd

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Feel like I'm a stud RB away

Postby abloom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:10 pm

You can certainly be competitive, but are you a legitimate contender? Probably not. Is shop Chubb plus ajb to see what you can get, but I wouldn't pull that quickly.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby never_punts » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:44 pm

abloom wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:10 pm You can certainly be competitive, but are you a legitimate contender? Probably not. Is shop Chubb plus ajb to see what you can get, but I wouldn't pull that quickly.
Appreciate the response. Do you think replacing chubb with one of JT or jacobs or kamara would put my team over the hump?
WR: Amon Ra - Hopkins - Godwin - K.Allen- QJ - Hollywood - Diontae - Shaheed- Wandale - Woods

Team #2 (0-0)

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:11 pm

never_punts wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:06 pm Sorry, kind of long... Team 1 in sig is my main, big money league. It's one of the best rosters in my league but I'm concerned my lack of a true stud rb may hold me back. The other top teams have CMC/Henry, Barkley/Jones, Cook/Sanders. I feel like I'm the "odd man out" with Mixon/Chubb, both looking to be sharing touches and ceding pass catching work to other backs.

I guess my question is, can I compete with these rbs and this roster? Or should I aggressively shop chubb+wr after a big game to get someone like kamara/ceh/JT/Jacobs?
To be honest, I would trade for K. Hunt - maybe offer up Slayton? And then try to ride both Chubb and Hunt to a championship. The rest of your team is stacked enough that all you need from your RBs is serviceable. With those 2 combined though I think you get an elite force at RB without spending too much. Otherwise, you could always try selling a WR like DJM for Taylor, or try targeting a RB like Mostert, Drake, David Johnson, or Carson - whichever one requires the cheapest WR swap.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:33 pm

I would absolutely look to move Chubb and AJB for Jacobs or CEH, not sure you can get that done but helps your team immensely IMO. And Slayton just might be able to pick up 75%+ of the slack lost by AJB, which should be enough for your squad to seriously compete.

never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby never_punts » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:36 pm

Dibbles wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:33 pm I would absolutely look to move Chubb and AJB for Jacobs or CEH, not sure you can get that done but helps your team immensely IMO. And Slayton just might be able to pick up 75%+ of the slack lost by AJB, which should be enough for your squad to seriously compete.
There's a really good chance I could get ceh or Jacobs for chubb/ajb, and I'm about 80% sure the kamara owner would make the deal as well. You think that's not giving up too much value?

Team #2 (0-0)

Dibbles
MVP
MVP

Postby Dibbles » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Not at all, you are outside looking in with your current squad, Chubb will likely be a prolonged headache (and so would acquiring Hunt btw), Sutton and Slayton are not at all far off from AJB IMO (much prefer their QB’s), and you’d be gaining an elite stud at RB. No brainer in my eyes. And I value Jacobs > CEH > Kamara FWIW. I’d personally go after Jacobs first, see him as potential top 3-4 asset going forward.

never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby never_punts » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:53 pm

Dibbles wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:48 pm Not at all, you are outside looking in with your current squad, Chubb will likely be a prolonged headache (and so would acquiring Hunt btw), Sutton and Slayton are not at all far off from AJB IMO (much prefer their QB’s), and you’d be gaining an elite stud at RB. No brainer in my eyes. And I value Jacobs > CEH > Kamara FWIW. I’d personally go after Jacobs first, see him as potential top 3-4 asset going forward.
Really, really appreciate the perspective. I've tried to make a move for Barkley and cmc and zeke but those owners aren't selling. I think I have a decent shot of making the move for one of the next tier if I wait until chubb and/or AJB have improved numbers week 2 (I hope)

Team #2 (0-0)

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:15 pm

I would hold. Those RBs aren't any better than your current crop.
Only one worth moving for is Zeke if you can get him at a fair rate. Edwards-Helaire and Jacobs are at near peak value while Chubb & Mixon are probably the cheapest they will be all season. I don't think the timing is right for a trade here and I'd wait until the deadline to see your positioning.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:22 pm

I think you’d be vastly doing yourself a disservice by not trading for Hunt...with Chubb you are within a step of being a solid well rounded team. However, if he got hurt you are immediately 3 steps behind. I know Cleveland looks murky RIGHT NOW, but you’re in a good spot and wouldn’t advise making any huge moves before you secured that tandem on the cheap. Sometimes its the small moves that win, not the huge blockbuster ones.
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)

never_punts
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby never_punts » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:28 pm

The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:22 pm I think you’d be vastly doing yourself a disservice by not trading for Hunt...with Chubb you are within a step of being a solid well rounded team. However, if he got hurt you are immediately 3 steps behind. I know Cleveland looks murky RIGHT NOW, but you’re in a good spot and wouldn’t advise making any huge moves before you secured that tandem on the cheap. Sometimes its the small moves that win, not the huge blockbuster ones.
Honestly I've just grown so tired of the nightmare that is the Cleveland backfield. I'm definitely not making any moves before week 2. I'd like to see if they can put together something vs a bad team.

What would be a fair trade for hunt if I decide to go that route?

Team #2 (0-0)

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:34 pm

Is it best to have studs on your roster of course, but will it damage your roster as a whole? To me it all comes down to cost for you also, who your targeting and cost. I wouldn't over react to one bad week with Chubb, they are in there 3rd offense in his 3 years, so it may take a few weeks to get things rolling. I'd be patient with your squad and check things out again in a few weeks.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:10 pm

I would hold. You could absolutely use some depth at RB, but maybe Hines can fill that role for this year. Studs are always big and make your roster look better but that do not always guarantee wins or titles. To acquire a stud will likely hurt your build overall. Stay patient here and let the season get going a bit. Week 1 was real ugly for a lot of good assets.

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:36 pm

never_punts wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:28 pm
The Godwin Complex wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:22 pm I think you’d be vastly doing yourself a disservice by not trading for Hunt...with Chubb you are within a step of being a solid well rounded team. However, if he got hurt you are immediately 3 steps behind. I know Cleveland looks murky RIGHT NOW, but you’re in a good spot and wouldn’t advise making any huge moves before you secured that tandem on the cheap. Sometimes its the small moves that win, not the huge blockbuster ones.
Honestly I've just grown so tired of the nightmare that is the Cleveland backfield. I'm definitely not making any moves before week 2. I'd like to see if they can put together something vs a bad team.

What would be a fair trade for hunt if I decide to go that route?
Ok let me give you some perspective

In 2019 The Cleveland Browns were
12th in rush yards (1901)
22nd in attempts (393) - This is important for you to understand
4th in average/efficiency (4.8)

In 2019 the Tennessee Titans were
3rd in rush yards (2223)
10th in attempts (445) - This is important for you to understand
3rd in average/efficiency (5)

In 2019 the San Francisco 49ers were
2nd in rush yards (2305)
2nd in attempts (498) - This is important for you to understand
8th in average/efficiency (4.6)

My point it’s that it would be completely reasonable for both RBs combined to hit 400-500 carries between the 2 of them moving forward. Thats enough to house both a RB1 and RB2 numbers, including all of the passing down work Hunt might get which could elevate him to as high as a high end RB2 or potentially low end RB1. This is a really good time to buy Hunt before everyone mathematically figures this out. But like I said, its also really important in case something tragic happens to Chubb. I would really try and push someone like Slaton straight up for Hunt. Or depending on what the other person has to work with you might even be able to get away with trading one of your WR’s like DJM or AJB for Hunt + something significant. This way youd be on the receiving end of gaining more value without giving up more than 1 piece. Conventional wisdom tells you to consolidate players and trade up. But honestly when you have as much depth And security as you do you another strategy I would recommend is trading down in order to gain cheaper, riskier, high upside pieces to help you add on and develop depth for positions you need more production, or value in. When you are rich dont overpay. Thats the quickest way to go broke - Use your wealth to accumulate more bang for your buck at RB starting with Hunt. Then maybe target someone like Snell Jr. or Chris Carson or Aaron Jones if the owners are willing to sell at a rate that might also provide opportunities to get additional value.

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
ROSTER STARTERS

BENCH:

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:18 am

People are advising to trade Chubb AND AJB for Taylor or Jacobs??? Wow, maybe I need to shop my JT share. One could argue that Chubb or AJB are the best players in that deal. Do not overact over 1 week. Id try and maybe buy someone like mostert you will be much cheaper and most likely produce similar numbers.