Antonio Gibson...what is he??????

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

What type of player will Antonio Gibson become?????

Poll ended at Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:35 am

Antonio Gibson will become the main RB for the WFC and will be an RB2 or better
25%
Antonio Gibson will be a gadget player nothing more
75%

Total votes: 16

gman6199
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Antonio Gibson...what is he??????

Postby gman6199 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:35 am

There has been a lot of talk about Antonio Gibson as of late. I have him on my bench but I'm thinking of trading him because I don't have much faith in the Washington offense (this year and next) nor do I believe the hype involving Gibson. I am curious though of what the DLF readers think of Gibson. Is Gibson the next RB for the Washington FC and will he be an RB or better or is Gibson a gadget player that will get touches here and there and nothing more then a flex player? Thoughts and comments please. Thanks

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Re: Antonio Gibson...what is he??????

Postby Mjvb5 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:21 am

He's an incredibly divisive player, so you'll have people firmly saying he's worth over a first and is a future top back and those saying he's never been a lead back so projecting him as that right now doesn't make sense, and is an easy sell for a first but a buy for a 2nd.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:30 am

He's very unlikely to be a lead back, based on his profile. He'd be an outlier, if he was. Most lead backs in the NFL, are actually RB's in college. However, in today's game, with his skill set, he can still be a relevant FF player, as a "chess piece" type of player. Great 2nd round rookie pick. I wouldn't spend a first on him, but he's an explosive player, who could make the most out of limited touches. If he gets 160-200 touches a year, he could be a RB2 in your lineup, and that's is great for a 2nd round rookie pick.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:31 am

He will never get the needed volume to be a lead back and is a gadget player in my opinion. He will likely have a couple big weeks but too risky to start. I would move him for any 1st.