SF start up, plz help!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
OhSnapItsAnt
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

SF start up, plz help!

Postby OhSnapItsAnt » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:50 pm

Hey guys, sorry to ask on this forum.. this isn’t a dynasty league but it’s a
SF ppr 12 team
Auction draft. Redraft.

I’ve never played SF or done an auction draft lol..

I was hoping to get some advice as far as value ($200 budget)
And when to draft QB (how many) vs RB and WR...

Setting are 1-QB 2-WR 2-RB 1 TE 1- Flex 1-superflex

Draft is tomorrow.. any advice would be so much appreciated!! Thank you!!
Team 1:
10 team SF, .5 ppr
1-QB 1-SF 3-WR 2-RB 1-TE 1-Flex
QB: Allen, Burrow, Goff, Aidan OConnel
RB: ETN, K Walker, Swift, D Pierce, Monty, Herbert, McLaughlin
WR: Deebo, AJB, Lamb, DJM, Dell, Higgins, Jeudy, E Moore, Michael Wilson, Tutu
TE: Kinkaid, Schultz, Njoku

srlarson
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: SF start up, plz help!

Postby srlarson » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:21 pm

go in with a plan and be ready to scrap it and start over.....have your values and tier's and be ready for bargains.....first guys in tiers can go the cheapest...and the last guy in a tier can go for the most expensive.....

I usually budget by position....and look and figure guys I want from those tiers.....

Did a start up dynasty SF last year...and first guy thrown out was Mahomes and he ended up the 7th highest valued qb...I didn't plan on him...but I jumped and plan adjusted....would change a few things but working on. Preparation.....as much as you plan will not go the way you thought.....so preparation and flexability.
Empire 10 team 30man rosters QB, 2rb, 3Wr, TE, 2F, K (.5ppr RB's, ppr WR/TE)
redraft coming

Empire 12 team SF 30man rosters - QB, 2rb, 2wr, te, sf, Rb/Wr/Te flex, 2Rb/Wr Flex
(rb .5ppr, wr 1ppr, TE 1.5ppr) -
QB - Prescott, Cousins, M Jones, C. Rush
RB - JT, Chubb, J Cook, Hunt, Penny, Patterson, Foreman, Davis-Price, Henderson, Patterson
WR - Diggs, M Thomas, Gallup, K Phillips, Goodwin, Hollins, C Moore, raymond, reynolds, D robinson, J Watson
TE - Ertz, Brate, McBride, Akins, Gray

Alex116
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Alex116 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 12:11 am

I love auction drafts. With a SF, you need at least 4 QBs! They are gold. If you get lucky and don't run into injury probs, you can deal one mid season! The number one bit of advice i have is, BE PATIENT. I will tell you right now, at the mid to 3/4 mark of the auction, whoever has the most money is gonna have one of the top teams. I'll guarantee you that! Look for value early and try to pick up a guy or two on the cheap (won't be studs) but have a sheet of paper in front of you and record every guy and what they went for. As you get to the 1/4 mark of the draft, you'll begin to see approx what guys ought to go for. However, continue to be patient as you will get some great deals later in the auction if you have more money than most. Obviously you have to keep track of the players who are still left to bid on.

Good luck and have fun! Auctions are a blast!

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:24 am

I would suggest 3-4 QBs. As mentioned above, be patient and have a plan in place going in and be smart with your money.