Drafting Tonight! Need Help Planning Rebuild!

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Drafting Tonight! Need Help Planning Rebuild!

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:47 am

I am rebuilding a team which a friend gave me the challenge to rebuild. The team is severely lacking at the running back spot and has two decent receivers, thankfully. With the rookie draft approaching tonight, I was wondering what players to target with the five first round picks I have. Through talking to the other owners I have a pretty good feel for who will selected, and want to make sure I am making the corect picks.

Pick Projections:
1. CEH (confirmed)
2. Swift (Confirmed)
3. Dobbins/Taylor I really like Dobbins, but if Taylor is available it is hard to pass him up
4. Taylor/Akers
5. Akers/Lamb this guy also has the first pick and needs both a receiver and running back. He just lost Guice
6. Jeudy
7. Lamb
8. Reagor
9. Jefferson
10. Ruggs/Gibson Best player available or the fast rising Gibson. If I don't pick him at this point he will not make it to me later.
11. Ruggs/Burrow (same guy who picked at 5. Ruggs is the pick if he is there)
12. N/A
13. Dillon I want Dillon and have already taken at least three receivers.
Last edited by ThatGuyBrian on Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
10 team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/St) 27 man roster limit:
Qb Josh Allen, Joe Burrow
RB Jonathan Taylor, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Jk Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Eno Benjamin
WR Cooper Kupp, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Shuster, Brandon Aiyuk, Calvin Ridley (S), Zay Jones, Lavishka Shenault, Terrace Marshall,
TE George Kittle, Darren Waller, Pat Freiermuth
K Justin Tucker
Def/St Buffalo Bills, Carolina Panthers

Possibly competitive team
QB: DeShaun Watson, Daniel Jones, Cj Stroud
RB: Breece Hall, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, JaVonte Williams, Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Kenny McIntosh
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Romeo Doubs, Terrace Marshall, Justyn Ross, Kayshoun Boutte, Puka Nacka
TE: Kyle Pitts, Zach Ertz, Darren Waller, Tucker Kraft
K: Justin Tucker
D/St: Bills, Bucs

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Drafting Tonight! Need Help Planning Rebuild!

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:50 am

I would go BPA across the board to help your build and to max value.

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:05 am

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:50 am I would go BPA across the board to help your build and to max value.
Who would you feel is the BPA at three, Dobbins or Taylor. I really like Dobbins long term but I am interested in advice and your opinion.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
10 team PPR (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/St) 27 man roster limit:
RB Jonathan Taylor, Christian McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, Saquon Barkley, Jk Dobbins, Gus Edwards, Eno Benjamin
WR Cooper Kupp, Michael Thomas, Chris Godwin, Juju Smith-Shuster, Brandon Aiyuk, Calvin Ridley (S), Zay Jones, Lavishka Shenault, Terrace Marshall,
K Justin Tucker

RB: Breece Hall, Travis Etienne, JK Dobbins, JaVonte Williams, Latavius Murray, Gus Edwards, Kenny McIntosh
WR: Calvin Ridley, Jaylen Waddle, Chris Olave, Michael Thomas, Garrett Wilson, Darnell Mooney, Romeo Doubs, Terrace Marshall, Justyn Ross, Kayshoun Boutte, Puka Nacka

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:19 am

If swift is taken at 2. I think you should look at moving your 1.06 up to 1.04 and grabbing JT and dobbins. I also prefer JT over Dobbins, but its close.

It looks like you have fairly shallow requirements and a 10 team league and I think while 2020 may be hard to compete with your RBs and rookie rbs, you're 2021 looks promising. As a result I'd really want to try to get 2 of JT, CEH, Dobbins, Swift.
Last edited by abloom on Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:21 am

ThatGuyBrian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:05 am
Gator Sens wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:50 am I would go BPA across the board to help your build and to max value.
Who would you feel is the BPA at three, Dobbins or Taylor. I really like Dobbins long term but I am interested in advice and your opinion.
Taylor between the two. Elite pure running style behind the best line.

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:34 am

abloom wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:19 am If swift is taken at 2. I think you should look at moving your 1.06 up to 1.04 and grabbing JT and dobbins. I also prefer JT over Dobbins, but its close.

It looks like you have fairly shallow requirements and a 10 team league and I think while 2020 may be hard to compete with your RBs and rookie rbs, you're 2021 looks promising. As a result I'd really want to try to get 2 of JT, CEH, Dobbins, Swift.
I have been trying to trade up to the 4th pick but the owner of that pick needs a running back as well. So if I take either Taylor or Dobbins, he will take the other. My best bet to land another running back would be for the guy at five to pick Lamb or Jeudy, which would leave me with Akers. I am definitely going to continue to talk to the owners of those picks. I have two 2021 1st, one of which will probably be the fist overall given my roster.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
K Justin Tucker

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:29 am

ThatGuyBrian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:34 am
abloom wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:19 am If swift is taken at 2. I think you should look at moving your 1.06 up to 1.04 and grabbing JT and dobbins. I also prefer JT over Dobbins, but its close.

I have been trying to trade up to the 4th pick but the owner of that pick needs a running back as well. So if I take either Taylor or Dobbins, he will take the other. My best bet to land another running back would be for the guy at five to pick Lamb or Jeudy, which would leave me with Akers. I am definitely going to continue to talk to the owners of those picks. I have two 2021 1st, one of which will probably be the fist overall given my roster.
I'd take Lamb and Juedy over akers
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:31 am

abloom wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:29 am
ThatGuyBrian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:34 am

I'd take Lamb and Juedy over akers
Either way, I do have pick 8-10, so grabbing Akers wouldn't be an issue because the guy drafting at 7 wants Lamb.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
K Justin Tucker

Alex116
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Alex116 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:23 am

If you can't get 1.04 without a ridiculous overpay, i'd stick to BPA. Jeudy/Lamb comes down to preference i think, but if the guy at 7 wants Lamb, and you pick at 6, he needs to give you something for Lamb (as in, i'd be taking Lamb). ALSO, more importantly, you have Sutton. Do you really want Sutton and Jeudy? Back to the guy at 7. Does he need WR badly, or is he a Dallas fan (or just loves Lamb?)? If the guy at 5 takes one of JJ/Lamb and you take the other, the guy at 7 is looking at either Akers or the next tier of WR. Keep digging to try to find out who's taking who. FWIW, i'd take Ruggs over Gibson.
Lastly, i love Dobbins. I would still take Taylor over him, however, i'd be willing to overpay to get them both. Is there any way the guy at 4 would take 6&9 for the 4th or is he desperate for RB help? If you could swing that, you still get two WR's with 8 & 10.

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:09 am

Alex116 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:23 am If you can't get 1.04 without a ridiculous overpay, i'd stick to BPA. Jeudy/Lamb comes down to preference i think, but if the guy at 7 wants Lamb, and you pick at 6, he needs to give you something for Lamb (as in, i'd be taking Lamb). ALSO, more importantly, you have Sutton. Do you really want Sutton and Jeudy? Back to the guy at 7. Does he need WR badly, or is he a Dallas fan (or just loves Lamb?)? If the guy at 5 takes one of JJ/Lamb and you take the other, the guy at 7 is looking at either Akers or the next tier of WR. Keep digging to try to find out who's taking who. FWIW, i'd take Ruggs over Gibson.
Lastly, i love Dobbins. I would still take Taylor over him, however, i'd be willing to overpay to get them both. Is there any way the guy at 4 would take 6&9 for the 4th or is he desperate for RB help? If you could swing that, you still get two WR's with 8 & 10.
I did one better and really sold out on the over pay to get the fourth and offered the 6th and 8th for the 4th. It will shock you to know that he is probably going to reject that trade.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
K Justin Tucker

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:29 am

If I’m in this spot it’s fairly easy for me. I’m taking rb first 2 picks if one of the 5 is there at 1.06 then smashing wr with your other 3 picks.

Alex116
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Alex116 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:59 pm

ThatGuyBrian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:09 am
Alex116 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:23 am If you can't get 1.04 without a ridiculous overpay, i'd stick to BPA. Jeudy/Lamb comes down to preference i think, but if the guy at 7 wants Lamb, and you pick at 6, he needs to give you something for Lamb (as in, i'd be taking Lamb). ALSO, more importantly, you have Sutton. Do you really want Sutton and Jeudy? Back to the guy at 7. Does he need WR badly, or is he a Dallas fan (or just loves Lamb?)? If the guy at 5 takes one of JJ/Lamb and you take the other, the guy at 7 is looking at either Akers or the next tier of WR. Keep digging to try to find out who's taking who. FWIW, i'd take Ruggs over Gibson.
I did one better and really sold out on the over pay to get the fourth and offered the 6th and 8th for the 4th. It will shock you to know that he is probably going to reject that trade.
I was actually going to suggest the 6 and 8 but thought 6 & 9 gives him a little something to counter with to the 6 & 8 or for you to up the ante a bit upon rejection! Lol. I won't be shocked if he is very desperately in need of a RB, but he still could squeeze Akers at 6 if 5 goes Jeudy or Lamb? Any way you can find out for sure what the dude at 5 is planning??? Regardless, hope it works out for you.

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:24 pm

Alex116 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:59 pm
ThatGuyBrian wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:09 am
I was actually going to suggest the 6 and 8 but thought 6 & 9 gives him a little something to counter with to the 6 & 8 or for you to up the ante a bit upon rejection! Lol. I won't be shocked if he is very desperately in need of a RB, but he still could squeeze Akers at 6 if 5 goes Jeudy or Lamb? Any way you can find out for sure what the dude at 5 is planning??? Regardless, hope it works out for you.
I have confirmed these picks
1 CEH
2 Swift
3 Taylor (my pick)
4 Dobbins (that guy really likes dobbins and wants a running back)
5 Akers/WR he needs both but lost Guice so I would say he is a lean toward Akers.
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
K Justin Tucker

Alex116
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Alex116 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Wonder if the guy at 5 takes a WR since he's getting CEH at 1 though? Or could he use a 2nd RB more than a WR still? Sounds like you don't have much chance at getting the 4 so don't sweat it, and just decide between Akers/Lamb/Jeudy at 1.06. Oh, and be very satisfied with that! Load up on your WR's with the other picks, but also shop them. I would think someone who is RB needy may overpay to move up for one of Vaughn/Moss/Gibson once the WR's start coming off the board.

ThatGuyBrian
Captain
Captain

Postby ThatGuyBrian » Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Alex116 wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:29 pm Wonder if the guy at 5 takes a WR since he's getting CEH at 1 though? Or could he use a 2nd RB more than a WR still? Sounds like you don't have much chance at getting the 4 so don't sweat it, and just decide between Akers/Lamb/Jeudy at 1.06. Oh, and be very satisfied with that! Load up on your WR's with the other picks, but also shop them. I would think someone who is RB needy may overpay to move up for one of Vaughn/Moss/Gibson once the WR's start coming off the board.
The guy at four traded the pick to me for picks 6, 8, and 14, but I did get a second in next years draft. So I ended up with:

1.03 Dobbins
1.04 Taylor
1.09 Reagor
2.04 Dillon
Current Win Now!!:
Chester
K Justin Tucker