Dynasty Transition: Who to Keep?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Re: Dynasty Transition: Who to Keep?

Postby FantasyFoosball » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:06 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:04 pm
FantasyFoosball wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:58 pm Terrible situation. Give me CMC and Adams for sure. I could make a case for any one of Sanders, DJM or Andrews.

What are the starting requirements? I’d lean Sanders here out of the three, but if it’s start 3WR then I can see a case for DJM.
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLX, 1DST, 1K

There has been talk of eliminating DST/K & replacing w flex spots, although one owner wants it to be “traditional” lol

It will be voted on. But either way, 2WRs will likely not change/increase
Give me Sanders then to go along with CMC and Adams.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:13 am

I'm going CMC (obviously). Sanders it will be harder to land rb's compared to wr's and you would then have two starting 3 down rb's. Then it's a toss up between Adams and DJM, both will be top wr's, but do you go with DJM simply because of age??? Me I'm keeping CMC, Sanders and Adams.
You could also look at each team, pick the top 3 from each team and then do a "mock" to see what you think may happen in the first round or two.
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:59 am

dblj1199 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:13 am I'm going CMC (obviously). Sanders it will be harder to land rb's compared to wr's and you would then have two starting 3 down rb's. Then it's a toss up between Adams and DJM, both will be top wr's, but do you go with DJM simply because of age??? Me I'm keeping CMC, Sanders and Adams.
You could also look at each team, pick the top 3 from each team and then do a "mock" to see what you think may happen in the first round or two.
Yeah I think it's a bit of a toss up. DJM's age is great but I can only keep players for 3 years anyway, so Adams would still be valuable. Adams does have the concussion concerns though, and both players are at risk for QB turnover

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:04 am

Mtt33 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:46 pm
repkllrs wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:29 pm CMC/Adams/Sanders and it isn’t even a choice as far as I’m concerned. Most of the elite RBs will be kept.
Agreed. 10 team Single qb league you want RBs. Age of players not nearly as much of a factor here in 3 keeper leagues as dynasty, so I wouldn’t lose sleep about tossing djm, as much as I like him. Andrews absolutely not in the equation.

I assume this is a home league with friends? If it wasn’t I’d quit over this for sure and even if it was id be tempted to quit. Get ready for all kinds of drama when someone out of the playoffs trades their entire team for a stud player. Keeper leagues are a major headache.
Yeah it's a league with old friends, otherwise I'd be out.
I didn't consider the big trades drama, although one thing that we did get rid of during this transition is trade vetoes lol

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:07 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:47 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:08 pm CMC
Moore
Adams

Tough to lose Andrews and Sanders, but you have three big time assets to hold. Tough break on the transition too. How did that come about?
There were two groups of friends that made up the league. One group was largely inactive and complained about everything.

This offseason, the commish laid out 2 options:
A) Dissolve the league
B) Replace inactive owners and transition to keeper

He (and a few others) had expressed concerns last year about some teams being too strong and wanting to make things fair by making it a keeper league, which I disagree with. Some of them were new to dynasty and I don’t think they were crazy about it. So I figured if it was between transitioning and folding, I’d just go with it
First, I would take CMC, Adams and then a toss up between Sanders and Moore (I like more better but you only have to start 2 WRs).

Second, I would try to package Moore and Sanders and Andrews to try and get a stud out of someone with weaker 2nd and third keepers.

Third, This happened to my league in team 1. We had 6 people quit in one year because they didn't like the settings, we found replacements for each team and then did a dispersal draft. It sounds like you guys are already set to transition to keepers but just another idea that we used and then each of the new teams felt like they got to pick their guys still and it didn't mess up everyone else's team.
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:09 am

Prison_Mike wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:04 am
repkllrs wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:29 pm CMC/Adams/Sanders and it isn’t even a choice as far as I’m concerned. Most of the elite RBs will be kept.
Agreed. 10 team Single qb league you want RBs. Age of players not nearly as much of a factor here in 3 keeper leagues as dynasty, so I wouldn’t lose sleep about tossing djm, as much as I like him. Andrews absolutely not in the equation.

I assume this is a home league with friends? If it wasn’t I’d quit over this for sure and even if it was id be tempted to quit. Get ready for all kinds of drama when someone out of the playoffs trades their entire team for a stud player. Keeper leagues are a major headache.
I didn't consider the big trades drama, although one thing that we did get rid of during this transition is trade vetoes lol
Getting rid of vetoes is a great move. I don't think any league should have vetoes

Mahomes, Lawrence
Pitts, Friermuth

DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson

Same as Team 2
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
CEH, Gus, Cohen
5 additional firsts

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:34 am

MyTeam wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:09 am
Prison_Mike wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:04 am

Getting rid of vetoes is a great move. I don't think any league should have vetoes
No vetoes will definitely help with the drama but you’ll still get a long of complaining and accusations of collusion (and since it’s a friend group, actual collusion potentially). In football and baseball keepers leagues I’ve been in 6ish through the years before I got into dynasty and every one of them had this issue. It’s pretty unavoidable since teams out of the playoffs rightfully should offer everyone they can for a better keeper.
Hopefully you can avoid it a bit with no vetos.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:48 am

CMC

2 of 3 between Adams, DJ Moore and OBJ

i Probably keep Adams and DJ Moore but don't forget about the diva (28 is still young, so is Adams)

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:30 pm

MyTeam wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:07 am
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:08 pm CMC
Moore
Adams

Tough to lose Andrews and Sanders, but you have three big time assets to hold. Tough break on the transition too. How did that come about?
There were two groups of friends that made up the league. One group was largely inactive and complained about everything.

A) Dissolve the league

He (and a few others) had expressed concerns last year about some teams being too strong and wanting to make things fair by making it a keeper league, which I disagree with. Some of them were new to dynasty and I don’t think they were crazy about it. So I figured if it was between transitioning and folding, I’d just go with it
First, I would take CMC, Adams and then a toss up between Sanders and Moore (I like more better but you only have to start 2 WRs).

Second, I would try to package Moore and Sanders and Andrews to try and get a stud out of someone with weaker 2nd and third keepers.

Third, This happened to my league in team 1. We had 6 people quit in one year because they didn't like the settings, we found replacements for each team and then did a dispersal draft. It sounds like you guys are already set to transition to keepers but just another idea that we used and then each of the new teams felt like they got to pick their guys still and it didn't mess up everyone else's team.
Update: Teams are starting to take shape, but we have a trade window open right now before declaring keepers.

I like this idea, but there's really only one player/team that fits this criteria:

Would you trade:
DJM + Sanders for Michael Thomas? (if this offer was available)

I would then keep: CMC, Thomas, Adams

Otherwise, I'll look to hold and keep CMC, Sanders, Adams

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:57 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:30 pm

A) Dissolve the league

Update: Teams are starting to take shape, but we have a trade window open right now before declaring keepers.

I like this idea, but there's really only one player/team that fits this criteria:

Would you trade:

Can you trade for draft picks? Trade djm for a pick?

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:04 pm

Mtt33 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:57 pm

Would you trade:

For a pick in the dispersal draft you mean?
(There is no rookie draft)

If so, this is a great question that I need to go explore right now lol

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:08 pm

A) Dissolve the league

Would you trade:

That trade would be best case scenario IMO. You upgrade your keeper from Sanders to Thomas and you don't lose anything because you couldn't keep DJM to begin with.

Mahomes, Lawrence
Pitts, Friermuth

Same as Team 2
Pollard, Mattison
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
CEH, Gus, Cohen
5 additional firsts

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:04 pm
Mtt33 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:57 pm

Would you trade:

For a pick in the dispersal draft you mean?
(There is no rookie draft)

If so, this is a great question that I need to go explore right now lol
If you are able to trade for picks, move anyone you can't keep for picks. Even if you get a 4th out of Andrews, it is better than losing him for nothing because he isn't one of your keepers.

Mahomes, Lawrence
Pitts, Friermuth

Same as Team 2
Pollard, Mattison
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
CEH, Gus, Cohen
5 additional firsts

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:10 pm

MyTeam wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:08 pm

Would you trade:

That trade would be best case scenario IMO. You upgrade your keeper from Sanders to Thomas and you don't lose anything because you couldn't keep DJM to begin with.
Right, the only downside being that it improves another team. But I agree that'd be ideal for me. I'll give it a shot

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Postby MyTeam » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:12 pm

Prison_Mike wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:10 pm
MyTeam wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:08 pm

Would you trade:

Right, the only downside being that it improves another team. But I agree that'd be ideal for me. I'll give it a shot
I wouldn't worry about upgrading the other team. If you do this, you could keep the top RB and 2 of the top 4 WRs.

Mahomes, Lawrence
Pitts, Friermuth

Same as Team 2
Pollard, Mattison
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
CEH, Gus, Cohen
5 additional firsts