On the Clock! 3 Picks in a Row

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which 3 Players?

Cohen
12%
Michel
15%
Lindsay
8%
Fuller
15%
Mike Williams
7%
Slayton
18%
Ian Thomas
18%
OJ Howard
3%
Jared Cook
3%

Total votes: 60

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: On the Clock! 3 Picks in a Row

Postby abloom » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:41 am

Adam_172 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:32 am
abloom wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:08 am Slayton, Michel, and Cohen for me.
I think these three players have the highest chance to increase in value over the players listed and are not TEs. They potentially could provide you a boost to your opportunity this year, while still being young enough to provide you some future value as well. Given the uncertainty of the NFL season, I'd be hesitant to go with win now pieces.
I'm not sure this team is really win-now anyway.

I may try and move one of my QB's for an RB at some point seeing as it's 16 teams, some teams will barely have one worthy QB2.
I didn't say these were win now pieces, just that they have the best chance of improving in value between now and next year.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

dblj1199
GOAT
GOAT

Postby dblj1199 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:22 am

TE premium league I went with Cook, Thomas and Fuller. Cook will post solid numbers in NO and could be used as trade bait if your not contending. Thomas because Olsen is gone and he has a big opportunity. I also chose Fuller because of big upside. He has produced, but can't ever stay healthy, so in the year of corona (and a contract year) will he stay healthy?
2015, 2017, 2022 Champ.
10 team, 6 pt all td, ppr, 1.5 te ppr. 30 man roster QB, SF, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, Flex (r/w/t), K, 3 IDP

Qb- Mahomes, Prudy, Baker
RB- S Barkley, Pollard, B Hall, K Herbert, D Foreman, R Johnson, Zeke, J Robinson, Z White, J Wilson(i.r.), J McKinnon, J Mason, J Hill
WR- J Jefferson, Deebo, DJ Moore, OBJ, S Moore, J Jennings, C Austin, Trey Palmer
TE- Andrews, Higbee, Dulchich, Ferguson, D Washington
IDP(3)- P Queen,D Perryman, J Jewell, J Campbell, N Dean (i.r.)
K- E McPherson, Butker

draft picks
2024- 2, 4, 5
2025- 3, 3, 4, 5

Adam_172
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Adam_172 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:49 am

Thanks for your comments all.
TEAM 1
Dynasty PPR 1QB (12 Team League)

QB - Murray, Fields, Pickett, Howell.
RB - Gibbs, R. White, Swift, Javonte Williams, Charbonnet, Allegier, Tank Bigsby, Penny.
WR - Nacua, Dell, Hollywood, Jameson Williams, Burks, Mooney, Atwell, Melton, Phillips, Washington, Lazard.
TE - Ferguson, Mayer, Knox.
DEF - Bills, Vikings.

Rookie Picks: 1.02, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02 and 5.02.

TEAM 2
Dynasty PPR - SuperFlex and TE Prem. (16 teams)

QB - Prescott, Pickett, Ridder, Mariota, Mullins, Willis.
RB - Walker III, R. White, Montgomery, Singletary, R. Jones, Mack, Hull, Sermon.
WR - Adams, Higgins, Watson, Meyers, Gabe Davis, W. Robinson, Dotson, Raymond, ARob.
TE - McBride, H. Henry, B. Jordan, Bates, B. Hopkins.

Rookie Picks: 2.14 and 3.14.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:58 am

thomas for upside and premium
cohen as the best RB ut of those listed. poor situation right now, but it's his last year in chicago, hopefully, or nagy's last year, as bears fan hope, and he can have a relatively long career.
fuller has the highest ceiling among the WRs, but health concerns. i'm still not entirely sold on slayton, but he's not too far behind if you want to play it safe injury-wise.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:57 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:39 am
Adam_172 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:33 am
Mtt33 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:32 am Agree with the Michel sucks sentiment, rather have Cohen or Lindsey.
Is aiyuk available?

I’d for sure take Thomas
Aiyuk is also there, yes (and Shenault). You'd have him over the other WR's listed?

Already took Higgins as a rookie and wanted a bit more stable production lol but he does have good upside.
Aiyuk is a senior declare 21 year old breakout at a PAC 12 school where he didn't face a particularly crowded WR room who was drafted to a run heavy team to be the third target behind 2 really young players (Kittle, Deebo) who are insanely talented and has a role in the offense capped out at about 750 yards.

Mims, Pittman or Ruggs being available would have been different, but no definitely don't reach for Aiyuk
Oh they drafted him in the 1st round with the intentions of him never being better than the 3rd option on what will forever be a run first team with the best defense in the league. Got it!

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:09 am

Mtt33 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:57 am
Adam_172 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:33 am

Aiyuk is also there, yes (and Shenault). You'd have him over the other WR's listed?

Already took Higgins as a rookie and wanted a bit more stable production lol but he does have good upside.
Aiyuk is a senior declare 21 year old breakout at a PAC 12 school where he didn't face a particularly crowded WR room who was drafted to a run heavy team to be the third target behind 2 really young players (Kittle, Deebo) who are insanely talented and has a role in the offense capped out at about 750 yards.

Mims, Pittman or Ruggs being available would have been different, but no definitely don't reach for Aiyuk
Oh they drafted him in the 1st round with the intentions of him never being better than the 3rd option on what will forever be a run first team with the best defense in the league. Got it!
So which of Kittle or Deebo do you think he surpasses/is better than?

I'll ignore for a second the virtually nonexistent hit rates among 21 year old breakouts:

A team with Jimmy Garoppolo will always be run first if they want to be remotely successful. That bum showed in the Super Bowl why Shanahan didn't trust him all year

The defense will remain dominant IMO after seeing the Kinlaw pick but if/when it does fall--Jimmy Garoppolo is still not capable of supporting 3 fantasy relevant options. Shanahan knows his limitations, and thus will always have an offense that runs first

Now if you want to talk 5 years in the future with Garoppolo replaced then that's too different for me (or you) to predict

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:26 am

Slayton, Williams and Thomas or Williams, Thomas and Cook.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:29 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:09 am
Mtt33 wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:57 am

So which of Kittle or Deebo do you think he surpasses/is better than?

I'll ignore for a second the virtually nonexistent hit rates among 21 year old breakouts:

A team with Jimmy Garoppolo will always be run first if they want to be remotely successful. That bum showed in the Super Bowl why Shanahan didn't trust him all year

The defense will remain dominant IMO after seeing the Kinlaw pick but if/when it does fall--Jimmy Garoppolo is still not capable of supporting 3 fantasy relevant options. Shanahan knows his limitations, and thus will always have an offense that runs first

Now if you want to talk 5 years in the future with Garoppolo replaced then that's too different for me (or you) to predict
If you want to argue breakout age I’m not blaming you. It’s the run first offense because the defense is amazing argument I’m not buying. Defenses turn around quickly.
Jimmy g can support 3 guys just fine if it’s a quick hit offense, Deebo and aiyuk are both guys you get the ball in their hands and let them do work.
I also don’t see how Deebo is anointed as a #1 wr already. I could easily see them have equal shares in 2021 If aiyuk pans out.

Again if the argument is against him as a prospect, sure I understand it. Arguing situation and how they plan to use him is crazy to me. They drafted him in the 1st, they for sure intend on using him a lot IF he’s as good as they think he is.