Lamb vs. Godwin

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Lamb vs. Godwin

Postby Yarnith » Fri May 29, 2020 1:19 pm

I think Brady hurts Godwin and I have never thought much of Gordon. Saying that I don't see how this helps you win a championship. Lamb isn't going to help you this year and Godwin is young so it isn't making your team younger. Mixon is a great talent but seems like you just loaded up on young RB's.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri May 29, 2020 1:24 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:01 pm
Never Veto wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:47 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:36 pm Melvin Gordon is absolutely trash and near worthless to me, so this one is actually a near coin flip (for me).

With that said the best piece is still Godwin so I lean that way, but no qualms whatsoever with taking the side with 2 good players rather than 1
Gordon was the #10 RB from week 8 on. For the amount of money the Broncos are paying him, he is the starter. If he shows well this year he will more than likely be extended for another 1 or 2. So he has about a 2-3 year window. That's all you can hope to get out of a RB these days.

Also Mixon only scored 34 more points than Gordon, yet he played 4 more games and had a training camp.
I have said this before so I do want to specify what I mean.

He is trash in real life--regardless of what his fantasy stats last year looked like.

3.8 YPC with fumbling problems

Broncos are trying to win and make the playoffs this year. If Gordon gets outperformed by the quicker, less-fumbly, more efficient, better receiver Lindsay, then he will lose playing time, especially in high leverage situations where a fumble would be super costly (goal line).

I expect that to happen because fantasy production catches up with how good a player is in real life eventually.

And Mixon was a disaster to start the year last year, but now he gets a QB known to throw to backs and a blue chip prospect left tackle back with a coaching staff that discovered the benefits of feeding him late last year.
Yeah cause the Broncos felt so good about Lindsey that they decided to give Gordon a 2 year deal with $13.5 guaranteed.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri May 29, 2020 1:30 pm

Never Veto wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:24 pm
Never Veto wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 12:47 pm

Gordon was the #10 RB from week 8 on. For the amount of money the Broncos are paying him, he is the starter. If he shows well this year he will more than likely be extended for another 1 or 2. So he has about a 2-3 year window. That's all you can hope to get out of a RB these days.

Also Mixon only scored 34 more points than Gordon, yet he played 4 more games and had a training camp.

He is trash in real life--regardless of what his fantasy stats last year looked like.

Broncos are trying to win and make the playoffs this year. If Gordon gets outperformed by the quicker, less-fumbly, more efficient, better receiver Lindsay, then he will lose playing time, especially in high leverage situations where a fumble would be super costly (goal line).

I expect that to happen because fantasy production catches up with how good a player is in real life eventually.

And Mixon was a disaster to start the year last year, but now he gets a QB known to throw to backs and a blue chip prospect left tackle back with a coaching staff that discovered the benefits of feeding him late last year.
Yeah cause the Broncos felt so good about Lindsey that they decided to give Gordon a 2 year deal with $13.5 guaranteed.
If Gordon performs like he did last year or the direction he is trending, then yeah--I bet they'll feel good about Lindsay.

No harm in hoping for a bouceback but if he is trash and a liability (like last year)--you think they will let themselves lose games and miss the playoffs rather than give Lindsay more touches?

I am not even a Lindsay fan per se--just saying that the Broncos need to win and won't play a player who actively hurts their chances

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Fri May 29, 2020 1:34 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:30 pm

If Gordon performs like he did last year or the direction he is trending, then yeah--I bet they'll feel good about Lindsay.

No harm in hoping for a bouceback but if he is trash and a liability (like last year)--you think they will let themselves lose games and miss the playoffs rather than give Lindsay more touches?

I am not even a Lindsay fan per se--just saying that the Broncos need to win and won't play a player who actively hurts their chances
Honestly the Broncos haven't known what they were doing since Manning retired, and that was 4 years ago.
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri May 29, 2020 1:44 pm

Never Veto wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:34 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:30 pm

Honestly the Broncos haven't known what they were doing since Manning retired, and that was 4 years ago.
Agree to an extent. The Vance Joseph hire never made any sense to me.

With that being said (and with a definite hope that the Broncos flop this year as a Chiefs fan), there is some promise.

Vic Fangio is a legitimately great defensive mind and Shurmur--though an uninspiring HC--has proven to be a solid OC with a good track record of developing QBs.

Not sure what to think of Lock but there is upside and with Jeudy and Sutton--the tools are there.

Elway has a long list of mistakes but the team looks to me in much better shape than I would have thought they'd be a year ago.

With that said I would have taken Ezra Cleveland or Josh Jones over Hamler in the 2nd round this year to secure a young tackle for Lock. Too much of an obsession with matching the KC model led to that pick.

And I would have drafted an RB before paying Melvin. I don't know how anyone could have watched him last year (him not the box scores) and come out thinking of him as some kind of stud anywhere near Mixon's level as a talent

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Fri May 29, 2020 1:51 pm

FantasyFoosball wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:10 am
Ioverpayforrookies wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:03 am Crazy how many people are saying Godwin side, the Lamb/Mixon side actually has more value on the trade analyzer. I see the arguments for both but I'll play devil's advocate since everyone is saying Godwin side. We don't know what's going to happen with Gordon, he could be completely fading and be jumping from team to team. Lamb/Mixon gives you much more security. Especially since we don't know how long Brady will be with Godwin.
Lol.
Why is this laughable? I understand that the disdain for trade analyzers/calculators stems from the propensity for people to pile up enough garbage to “equal” one stud, but that’s not what’s going on here. If you think a trade analyzer is incapable of evaluating a fairly straightforward trade of one RB and WR for another RB and WR, you’re just a hopeless Luddite.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

ekilla183
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby ekilla183 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:02 pm

This is definitely a tough one. I think Gordon is going to start his decline after this year and one player on his way to his peak another with huge upside is super enticing. I think making the deal overall rounds out your team better long term, but you’ll probably take a production hit in the short term while Ceedee finds his place. Not as big as a Godwin landslide for me as others seem to think, but I get the love for him
10 Team 1QB PPR, 12 Keepers
SWITCH TO SF IN 2025
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2FLEX

QB: Burrow, Watson, Lance, Purdey
RB: ETN, K. Mitchell, Ford, Dobbins, Gibson, Eli Mitchell, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Ceedee, DK, Tee, Eli Moore, Michael Wilson, Skyy, Demario Douglass, Boutte
TE: Hock, Dulcich

2024 Picks: 5 2024 1sts, my own picks in rounds 3-10

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Fri May 29, 2020 3:49 pm

M-Dub wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:51 pm
Ioverpayforrookies wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:03 am Crazy how many people are saying Godwin side, the Lamb/Mixon side actually has more value on the trade analyzer. I see the arguments for both but I'll play devil's advocate since everyone is saying Godwin side. We don't know what's going to happen with Gordon, he could be completely fading and be jumping from team to team. Lamb/Mixon gives you much more security. Especially since we don't know how long Brady will be with Godwin.
Lol.
Why is this laughable? I understand that the disdain for trade analyzers/calculators stems from the propensity for people to pile up enough garbage to “equal” one stud, but that’s not what’s going on here. If you think a trade analyzer is incapable of evaluating a fairly straightforward trade of one RB and WR for another RB and WR, you’re just a hopeless Luddite.
Lol.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri May 29, 2020 3:59 pm

We dont know whats going to happen to Gordon sure, but Lamb is just as much of a question mark
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

chalorpas
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chalorpas » Fri May 29, 2020 4:16 pm

Lol.
This. And I’m surprised fantasyfoosball is strongly on the Godwin side because I thought he understood the value of a 3 down workhorse. Godwin and Mixon are fairly close but Lamb >>>Gordon.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Fri May 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Godwin side easily. Pretty close if you remove Gordon.

HughHoney
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby HughHoney » Fri May 29, 2020 4:40 pm

punintended wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 1:09 pm Mixon side for me....

Workhorse 3 down backs are so rare and I he has done it 3 straight seasons with ZERO help.
3 down back but that’s only translated into 1 low end RB1 season so far. I do think he’ll have a better year this season but has yet to put up an elite season.

ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ThunderTung » Fri May 29, 2020 5:10 pm

chalorpas wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 4:16 pm

Lol.
This. And I’m surprised fantasyfoosball is strongly on the Godwin side because I thought he understood the value of a 3 down workhorse. Godwin and Mixon are fairly close but Lamb >>>Gordon.
Its what he does when he disagrees with someone, it feeds his ego thinking that everyone he replies to with "lol" isnt worth his time to receive an actual response because in his mind he's very clearly far superior than any of us.

when in reality its just a lazy response that doesn't contribute to any discussion, all it really accomplishes is cluttering threads and interrupting people having an actual discussion, and since he's not capable of a well thought out reply, he'll probably just respond to this with... you guessed it "lol."
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri May 29, 2020 6:29 pm

Mixon and Lamb for me. Folks are head over heels for Godwin, but I don’t think he’s the talent that everyone puts him at (I.e. top 3 WR). I think Lamb is an equal talent, albeit won’t see that kind of immediate production, but I’m not sure the Bucs offense hits Godwin to the same degree now with Brady Andy Gronkowski in play and not necessarily always chasing points.

Not sure what shakes out in Denver, but confident with Mixon.

Curious to see ‘Godwin easy’ comments.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri May 29, 2020 7:00 pm

Another vote for Mixon/Lamb. Mixon way over Gordon and agree that the whole TB offense takes a big step back for fantasy without Winston heaving the ball and turning it over creating more need to pass downfield.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave