2021 picks vs Guice/Shenault

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

2021 picks vs Guice/Shenault

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Thu May 21, 2020 1:17 pm

team in sig

i have an offer in box

send 2021 pretty random 1st(1.02-1.10) + 2021 mid to late 2nd

get Derrius Guice, Laviska Shenault, 3rd

Thoughts?
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2021 picks vs Guice/Shenault

Postby Gator Sens » Thu May 21, 2020 1:21 pm

I'm still very high on Guice but with his and Shenaults health concerns, I would hold the 1st.

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu May 21, 2020 2:08 pm

I just traded my 21 1st (expected to be mid/late) for Guice and love it.

It's high risk, but the reward could be massive.

Here's Why:

- Guice is a great prospect, and every time he's had a chance to play it's shown.

- He's basically the same age as most of the rookies coming in this yr (maybe 6 months older, he's 22 turning 23 soon).

- I just don't think one player can have such bad luck that they would go 3 for 3 on injures. So I'm betting Guice will finally stay healthy.

- Speaking of injuries, most ppl assume that the 2nd injury was worse then it was. It wasn't that bad, a sprain, the team basically shut him down because there was no point in risking further injury with the season already lost.

- He doesn't have a ton of competition. Gibson is an athlete, but has barely played RB (he has 33 rushes in his CFB career), he's going to take some time to get the position down (even if they wanted him to start, he'll likely be starting the season learning how be an RB from the bench). AP is old man winter, and the next best thing is Peyton Barber...

- So I think Guice will start the season as the starter, and he will never give that role back (kinda like when a backup steps in and never gives the job back). If he's the player we all saw on his NFL game tape, I don't think that is that bold of a statement. Another point to reinforce this, the new HC and OC both have had success leaning on one guy in the past. So as long as Guice is cooking early in the season and doesn't get injured, he'll be the prospect this community was expecting two seasons ago.

Guice's situation is kinda like Dalvin Cook's situation from last yr, only slightly worse from the injury front. He's shined when he's played, and now he has a new coaching staff in place that likes to use a single guy. Injury history has ppl worried, so his valuation is all over the place. But Guice is easily the best RB on the roster, and has the potential to explode in 2020.

I like Laviska too but don't know enough about his profile. But there's my case for trading for Guice.

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Thu May 21, 2020 2:25 pm

Ya that’s a solid price for me. I’d do it