How make a serious offer for CMC?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
dirkey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: How make a serious offer for CMC?

Postby dirkey » Tue May 19, 2020 11:58 am

elvisn wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:57 am CMC just got traded today in a 2QB league I'm in.

4 1sts, a 2nd, Mostert & Tevin Coleman for CMC.
Wow. I got zero offers when I put him on the block 😂
12 Team, 25-man Roster (2 IR), Half point PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

QB: Ryan, Tua, Fitzpatrick.
RB: McCaffrey, Chubb, Gibson, Gaskin, Bernard, Mack, Edwards, Hines, Kerryon.
WR: Hopkins, Moore, Chark, Landry, Chase, Waddle, Amon-Ra, Parker, Gallup, Shepard.
TE: Ebron, Higbee, Herndon.

Draft Picks
2022: 1st, 2nd, 2nd.
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
2024: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd.

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Tue May 19, 2020 11:59 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:29 am
alphaxray wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:58 am
MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 am If I was offered CMC for Hopkins and Sanders I would instantly hit reject.

Not sure why Hopkins is a sell when he is looking at 4 more years of elite wr production, with 2 years of faded production after that. He's pretty valuable.

Chark is the possession receiver for Garner Minchew. He's not hard to replace.
You came here to get our opinion on your planned offer. Everyone is telling you the same thing, you just don’t like it. That’s fine, maybe we are all way off base. Go ahead and ship your offer.
I dont disagree that its will require an overpay, but calling it a joke is just stupid. Hopkins is a legit stud.

Chark, to me is viable, but has a low ceiling and is pretty easily replaceable. What I dont like is how over valued Chark is here. You guys are way off base with him.
I don't think anyone here is over valuing Chark. We are simply telling you what we think would make a serious offer. That is why you came here, correct?

elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby elvisn » Tue May 19, 2020 12:02 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 am If I was offered CMC for Hopkins and Sanders I would instantly hit reject.

Not sure why Hopkins is a sell when he is looking at 4 more years of elite wr production, with 2 years of faded production after that. He's pretty valuable.

Chark is the possession receiver for Garner Minchew. He's not hard to replace.
You came here to get our opinion on your planned offer. Everyone is telling you the same thing, you just don’t like it. That’s fine, maybe we are all way off base. Go ahead and ship your offer.
Chark, to me is viable, but has a low ceiling and is pretty easily replaceable. What I dont like is how over valued Chark is here. You guys are way off base with him.
Why not just remove Chark from the offer if you don't value him?

If you don't agree with everyone here then just shoot him the lowball and see what happens.

But, if you think Hopkins is a legit stud for 4 more years and then 2 more good years, and Jones gets signed and produces as an RB1, then why are you even going after CMC and Chark who you don't rate? I'm not seeing the sense here at all to be honest based on your own assessment of all the involved assets.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex(WRT). Bench 11, IR 2.

QB: Drew Brees, Minshew, Hurts.
RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.
TE: Evan Engram, Dallas Goedert, Adam Trautman.

Picks:
2021: 1st, 3rd.
2022: 1st, 3rd.
2023: 1st ,2nd, 3rd.

Team 2
10 Team - PPR, 4pts Pass TD, 6pts Rec/Rush TD, Return scoring yards/TDs.
Start: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4Flex

QB: LJax, Goff, Minshew, Hurts, Rosen.
RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.
TE: Higbee, OJ Howard, Cook, Gesicki.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 19, 2020 12:04 pm

alphaxray wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:59 am

I dont disagree that its will require an overpay, but calling it a joke is just stupid. Hopkins is a legit stud.

I don't think anyone here is over valuing Chark. We are simply telling you what we think would make a serious offer. That is why you came here, correct?
Chark > Jones is too much hot take for me to handle.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 19, 2020 12:06 pm

elvisn wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:02 pm

If you don't agree with everyone here then just shoot him the lowball and see what happens.

But, if you think Hopkins is a legit stud for 4 more years and then 2 more good years, and Jones gets signed and produces as an RB1, then why are you even going after CMC and Chark who you don't rate? I'm not seeing the sense here at all to be honest based on your own assessment of all the involved assets.
Chark I dont rate? What are you talking about. He's a fine startable receiver with a low ceiling.

I never said Jones is a lock to be an rb1.

CMC scoring 30 a week is incredibly valuable. Paired with Saquon, who can do the same thing could be a death blow to my entire league. The only other player in that tier is Michael Thomas.
Last edited by MFundercover on Tue May 19, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Tue May 19, 2020 12:06 pm

elvisn wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:02 pm

Yup

elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby elvisn » Tue May 19, 2020 12:08 pm

dirkey wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:58 am
elvisn wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:57 am CMC just got traded today in a 2QB league I'm in.

4 1sts, a 2nd, Mostert & Tevin Coleman for CMC.
Wow. I got zero offers when I put him on the block 😂
A lot of people don't like how much he'll cost, so don't bother even trying. Like I know he's worth the 4 1sts price tag. But paying it is a different game altogether. Worse to do using studly assets instead of 1sts, as that's production now for production now. Slightly easier to convince yourself on when your buying points now with future potential points.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex(WRT). Bench 11, IR 2.

QB: Drew Brees, Minshew, Hurts.
RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.
TE: Evan Engram, Dallas Goedert, Adam Trautman.

Picks:
2021: 1st, 3rd.
2022: 1st, 3rd.
2023: 1st ,2nd, 3rd.

Team 2
10 Team - PPR, 4pts Pass TD, 6pts Rec/Rush TD, Return scoring yards/TDs.
Start: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4Flex

QB: LJax, Goff, Minshew, Hurts, Rosen.
RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.
TE: Higbee, OJ Howard, Cook, Gesicki.

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:12 pm

BradysBunch wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:12 am Take out Chark....then you have a serious offer. Maybe a bit of an overpay. But that current offer would not get a counter with my opinion of Jones right Meow.
I tend to agree with this. Taking out Chark would make it more feasible. CMC is like Mahomes and Lamar in SF...teams that own them want an overpay, and teams buying them with the overpay may hurt their overall roster build in the process.
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Tue May 19, 2020 1:08 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:04 pm

Then get over yourself. It doesn’t matter what you think about player value nearly as much as knowing what your trade partner thinks. And people here, who you clearly think are stupid, are telling you what others feel about the value of the players in your offer. Yet you persist in denigrating them while preening in your self adoration. Hell, even GB told you what they thought about Jones through their draft and knowing he will be a FA next year. They plan on letting him walk instead of paying him. If you know so much better and are so superior, why are you here asking for help?

I know that you are in love with your own opinion, but here’s a word of advice for you: If everyone around you tells you that you’re too drunk - even if you're sure you’re sober, it might be time to put down the bottle.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:08 pm

Then get over yourself. It doesn’t matter what you think about player value nearly as much as knowing what your trade partner thinks. And people here, who you clearly think are stupid, are telling you what others feel about the value of the players in your offer. Yet you persist in denigrating them while preening in your self adoration. Hell, even GB told you what they thought about Jones through their draft and knowing he will be a FA next year. They plan on letting him walk instead of paying him. If you know so much better and are so superior, why are you here asking for help?

I know that you are in love with your own opinion, but here’s a word of advice for you: If everyone around you tells you that you’re too drunk - even if you're sure you’re sober, it might be time to put down the bottle.
I haven't see one forum or ranking place Chark ahead of Jones, it is a hot take. This is the only place in the fantasy world that has that ranking. Ita funny, you think I'm the outlier, but it's this forum.

Green Bay had contract negotiations with Jones this offseason (twice) but couldn't make a deal. They are in a bad cap situation and have Jones, Linsley, Bakhtiari, and Clark to resign. It has more to do with their cap situation than a denunciation of Jones as a player. It's not impossible to believe there is no big money market for Jones next offseason and he resigns a budget deal and finished his career with the Packers, which would be great for his dynasty value.

But either way, I'm not the outlier for saying Jones is more valuable than Chark. That's a complete joke and you deserve to be made fun of for such a dumb opinion.

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Tue May 19, 2020 1:45 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:24 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:08 pm

I haven't see one forum or ranking place Chark ahead of Jones, it is a hot take. This is the only place in the fantasy world that has that ranking. Ita funny, you think I'm the outlier, but it's this forum.

Green Bay had contract negotiations with Jones this offseason (twice) but couldn't make a deal. They are in a bad cap situation and have Jones, Linsley, Bakhtiari, and Clark to resign. It has more to do with their cap situation than a denunciation of Jones as a player. It's not impossible to believe there is no big money market for Jones next offseason and he resigns a budget deal and finished his career with the Packers, which would be great for his dynasty value.

But either way, I'm not the outlier for saying Jones is more valuable than Chark. That's a complete joke and you deserve to be made fun of for such a dumb opinion.
The forum isn't ranking Chark above Jones. As far as I can tell, one person in this thread has that opinion.

What the forum is telling you is that your offer won't be taken seriously by most CMC owners.

Yarnith
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Yarnith » Tue May 19, 2020 2:41 pm

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:29 am Chark, to me is viable, but has a low ceiling and is pretty easily replaceable. What I dont like is how over valued Chark is here. You guys are way off base with him.
Honestly I dont think you have looked at C.J Chark in detail to believe he is an overrated possession WR. I am not super high on him but that is just plain wrong.

73 rec 1008 yds 13.8 avg 8 tds

17 20+yd catches
5 tds from outside the opp 20

The bigger knock on him should be the 5rec inside opp 20 for 3TD's.

These are not possession stats these are BIG PLAY stats. Considering the QB he had and this is his year3 yeah the Chark bus legit has steam and for logical reasons.
Cavaliers 12 team standard, 1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 2WR/TE, 1flex
QB: J. Allen, S. Howell, Z.Wilson
RB: A. Kamara, J. Taylor, CEH, K. Gainwell, P. Strong
WR: A.J. Brown, A. Cooper, J. Dotson, C. Ridley, E. Moore, W. Robinson, J. Meyers, T. Marshall,
TE: G. Kittle, J. Johnson, J. Woods, H. Henry
'23 1.10, 2.10, 3.10 '24 1, 2, 3
Recent Championships '19,'21,'22

Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends- 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Mahomes, Purdy, Lance
RB: Pierce, Miller, K. Herbert, E. Hull
WR: Chase, Watson, Davis, JSN, Metchie, Pierce, V. Jefferson, Claypool, Thornton, Westbrook-Ikhine
TE: Pitts, Woods, Latu

jmajewski
Role Player
Role Player

Postby jmajewski » Tue May 19, 2020 3:59 pm

I honestly can't believe how tolerant everyone has been of OP's BS. Credit to the community.

And I'm not entirely sure that OP isn't a troll, but, if so, you got me OP.

OP, all of the answers you need are already in this thread, but I'll hit some highlights:

Get over yourself;

Sell high, and buy low;

You have to overpay to get the uberstuds, and, since you are starting from the position of being completely unwilling to overpay, don't bother making an offer;

How you value players is totally irrelevant to the question of whether your offer is serious or legitimate. What IS relevant to that question is how other people value the players in the deal, which leads to the next point;

The community is giving you their subjective opinions, which you've asked for, and which are supremely valuable in crafting a trade, so stop telling people their opinions are "dumb." Plus, if any opinion in this thread is "dumb," it's your opinion that Jones is in the elite tier of RBs, and that's coming from a Jones owner;

Just because you disagree with it does not mean that Chark > Jones is a hot take. You act like they are separated by 100 spots in all rankings. It's more like 10 spots from what I've seen;

Be consistent with your valuations. You've alternatively valued Chark as easily replaceable and a total deal breaker. And, going back to the overpay point, if you aren't willing to overpay by one easily replaceable, low-ceiling Minshew (note the "s" in the name) possession receiver to get CMC, you're not going to get CMC, and it's absurd that you think that you could.
1) 10 Team PPR 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 2 W/R/T 1 TE
QB Dak Hurts Jones Wilson Wentz
WR Hill Adams Metcalf McLaurin Woods Juju Meyers Green
RB Cook Kamara Robinson Drake Ty’Son Murray Dobbins
TE Hockenson Goedert Ertz

2) 10 Team PPR 2 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 W/R/T
QB Jackson Watson Wentz Winston Haskins
WR Hopkins Thomas Hill Adams Godwin Sutton McLaurin Davis
RB Zeke Kamara Fournette Hunt
TE Ertz Engram

dirkey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dirkey » Wed May 20, 2020 12:18 am

jmajewski wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 3:59 pm I honestly can't believe how tolerant everyone has been of OP's BS. Credit to the community.

And I'm not entirely sure that OP isn't a troll, but, if so, you got me OP.

OP, all of the answers you need are already in this thread, but I'll hit some highlights:

Get over yourself;

Sell high, and buy low;

You have to overpay to get the uberstuds, and, since you are starting from the position of being completely unwilling to overpay, don't bother making an offer;

How you value players is totally irrelevant to the question of whether your offer is serious or legitimate. What IS relevant to that question is how other people value the players in the deal, which leads to the next point;

The community is giving you their subjective opinions, which you've asked for, and which are supremely valuable in crafting a trade, so stop telling people their opinions are "dumb." Plus, if any opinion in this thread is "dumb," it's your opinion that Jones is in the elite tier of RBs, and that's coming from a Jones owner;

Just because you disagree with it does not mean that Chark > Jones is a hot take. You act like they are separated by 100 spots in all rankings. It's more like 10 spots from what I've seen;

Be consistent with your valuations. You've alternatively valued Chark as easily replaceable and a total deal breaker. And, going back to the overpay point, if you aren't willing to overpay by one easily replaceable, low-ceiling Minshew (note the "s" in the name) possession receiver to get CMC, you're not going to get CMC, and it's absurd that you think that you could.
Nailed it. Fabulous post.
12 Team, 25-man Roster (2 IR), Half point PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

QB: Ryan, Tua, Fitzpatrick.
RB: McCaffrey, Chubb, Gibson, Gaskin, Bernard, Mack, Edwards, Hines, Kerryon.
WR: Hopkins, Moore, Chark, Landry, Chase, Waddle, Amon-Ra, Parker, Gallup, Shepard.
TE: Ebron, Higbee, Herndon.

Draft Picks
2022: 1st, 2nd, 2nd.
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
2024: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Wed May 20, 2020 12:54 am

Yarnith wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:41 pm
MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:29 am Chark, to me is viable, but has a low ceiling and is pretty easily replaceable. What I dont like is how over valued Chark is here. You guys are way off base with him.
Honestly I dont think you have looked at C.J Chark in detail to believe he is an overrated possession WR. I am not super high on him but that is just plain wrong.

73 rec 1008 yds 13.8 avg 8 tds

17 20+yd catches
5 tds from outside the opp 20

The bigger knock on him should be the 5rec inside opp 20 for 3TD's.

These are not possession stats these are BIG PLAY stats. Considering the QB he had and this is his year3 yeah the Chark bus legit has steam and for logical reasons.
Shenault is the better athlete and was drafted to play that role. Chark is a big body receiver and is going to play the possession role. He is going to have to compete for targets moving forward and his quarterback is Garnder Minchew. He's still a good fantasy player for the reasons you listed but his ceiling is capped.