How make a serious offer for CMC?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: How make a serious offer for CMC?

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 19, 2020 12:01 am

abloom wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:33 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:31 am
abloom wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:25 am

Just make sure you bump the threads you are wrong about too. Doubt Miami signs him. If he signs in Jax he's going to be disappointed with the OC playcalling.
Im not wrong often though. Im not even sure what you are saying. Nobody will sign him? If he has another good season he won't be out of the league dude. He's been among the most efficient per touch running backs in fantasy for the past two seasons.

If he doesnt get a big offer, someone will at least offer him Ekeler money and that's where he will settle.
I'm not saying he won't get a deal, I'm saying he won't have the same percent of the work
This is a really dumb opinion.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue May 19, 2020 12:49 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:01 am
abloom wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:33 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 9:31 am
Im not wrong often though. Im not even sure what you are saying. Nobody will sign him? If he has another good season he won't be out of the league dude. He's been among the most efficient per touch running backs in fantasy for the past two seasons.

If he doesnt get a big offer, someone will at least offer him Ekeler money and that's where he will settle.
I'm not saying he won't get a deal, I'm saying he won't have the same percent of the work
This is a really dumb opinion.
Yes, but what do you think of my opinion?
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

dirkey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dirkey » Tue May 19, 2020 4:47 am

MFundercover wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:32 am I'm bored and playing with trade calculators. The CMC owner in my league has some good players but a few holes in his starting lineup, so I could see a possible opening for a trade. I dont want to low ball him, or overpay either. Calculators actually have this trade in his favor.

Give: Hopkins, A Jones, 2021 1st

Get: CMC, Chark

Team in sig.
I just traded away Jones yesterday. I have the other 3 players in this offer. This offer as it stands is absolutely nowhere near getting CMC. He's the number 1 asset in dynasty and requires an overpay. The only reason to sell CMC, bearing in mind they're committed to him with his new contract, is if you're getting so many assets that you can't say no.

If you remove Chark, you might have a chance. But I doubt even at that, it'd get done.
12 Team, 25-man Roster (2 IR), Half point PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

QB: Ryan, Tua, Fitzpatrick.
RB: McCaffrey, Chubb, Gibson, Gaskin, Bernard, Mack, Edwards, Hines, Kerryon.
WR: Hopkins, Moore, Chark, Landry, Chase, Waddle, Amon-Ra, Parker, Gallup, Shepard.
TE: Ebron, Higbee, Herndon.

Draft Picks
2022: 1st, 2nd, 2nd.
2023: 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
2024: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd.

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Tue May 19, 2020 6:05 am

As has been previously stated, maybe removing Chark from the CMC side gets it done. I doubt it since Nuk and Jones are viewed as "sells" by so many people, but it's a starting point. I think Nuk + Sanders is the offer if you want to be taken seriously.

Dirty Mike&the Boys
Captain
Captain

Postby Dirty Mike&the Boys » Tue May 19, 2020 8:07 am

As a CMC owner & Packers fan, the initial offer is a joke. Who knows where Jones is after this season, he also isn't the most consistent RB imo (7 of 16 rushing TD's over a 2 game span).

CMC is the #1 dynasty asset right now, so it will take an overpay. Removing Chark moves it closer, but is still an easy reject on my side. A buyer would have to come up with a mind blowing offer to pry CMC, he is rebuild proof due to age.
12 TEAM SUPERFLEX, TE Premium, 25 man rosters
QB - | Rodgers | Herbert | Mills
RB - CMC | Chubb | Dobbins | Keaontay Ingram
WR - McLaurin | Deebo | Waddle | Gabriel Davis | Elijah Moore | Mooney | C Ridley | Jameson Williams | Pickens | Alec Pierce | Wan'dale Robinson | Justyn Ross | B Edwards
TE - M Andrews | Friermuth

2023 Picks: 1st round(2), 2nd round(2), 3rd round (2)

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 19, 2020 10:10 am

Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:07 am As a CMC owner & Packers fan, the initial offer is a joke. Who knows where Jones is after this season, he also isn't the most consistent RB imo (7 of 16 rushing TD's over a 2 game span).

CMC is the #1 dynasty asset right now, so it will take an overpay. Removing Chark moves it closer, but is still an easy reject on my side. A buyer would have to come up with a mind blowing offer to pry CMC, he is rebuild proof due to age.
Hopkins has 4 years of elite WR production, and then 2 years of faded production. So I dont see it as a "joke". Stop it.

Jones will be signed somewhere next year. It's not like he's just going to be blacklisted by the NFL, especially if he has another good seaaon.

Chark is the possession receiver for Garnder Minchew. He isnt exactly hard to replace.
Last edited by MFundercover on Tue May 19, 2020 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 am

alphaxray wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:05 am As has been previously stated, maybe removing Chark from the CMC side gets it done. I doubt it since Nuk and Jones are viewed as "sells" by so many people, but it's a starting point. I think Nuk + Sanders is the offer if you want to be taken seriously.
If I was offered CMC for Hopkins and Sanders I would instantly hit reject.

Not sure why Hopkins is a sell when he is looking at 4 more years of elite wr production, with 2 years of faded production after that. He's pretty valuable.

Chark is the possession receiver for Garner Minchew. He's not hard to replace.
Last edited by MFundercover on Tue May 19, 2020 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 19, 2020 10:15 am

dirkey wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:47 am
MFundercover wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:32 am I'm bored and playing with trade calculators. The CMC owner in my league has some good players but a few holes in his starting lineup, so I could see a possible opening for a trade. I dont want to low ball him, or overpay either. Calculators actually have this trade in his favor.

Team in sig.
I just traded away Jones yesterday. I have the other 3 players in this offer. This offer as it stands is absolutely nowhere near getting CMC. He's the number 1 asset in dynasty and requires an overpay. The only reason to sell CMC, bearing in mind they're committed to him with his new contract, is if you're getting so many assets that you can't say no.

If you remove Chark, you might have a chance. But I doubt even at that, it'd get done.
What was your Jones deal? I want to move him, but I'm not selling him too low. He's still a borderline rb2/1 for dynasty and a guy who will be on championship rosters again. Even if he is towards the bottom of the elite rb tier, he's still worlds better than guys below him like Fournette.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 19, 2020 10:20 am

Dirty Mike&the Boys wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:07 am As a CMC owner & Packers fan, the initial offer is a joke. Who knows where Jones is after this season, he also isn't the most consistent RB imo (7 of 16 rushing TD's over a 2 game span).

Your team is trash.

dirkey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dirkey » Tue May 19, 2020 10:48 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:15 am
dirkey wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 4:47 am

Team in sig.

What was your Jones deal? I want to move him, but I'm not selling him too low. He's still a borderline rb2/1 for dynasty and a guy who will be on championship rosters again. Even if he is towards the bottom of the elite rb tier, he's still worlds better than guys below him like Fournette.
You commented on my Jones trade in another thread. In your opinion, I sold too low.
12 Team, 25-man Roster (2 IR), Half point PPR, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

WR: Hopkins, Moore, Chark, Landry, Chase, Waddle, Amon-Ra, Parker, Gallup, Shepard.

Draft Picks

alphaxray
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby alphaxray » Tue May 19, 2020 10:58 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 am
alphaxray wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:05 am As has been previously stated, maybe removing Chark from the CMC side gets it done. I doubt it since Nuk and Jones are viewed as "sells" by so many people, but it's a starting point. I think Nuk + Sanders is the offer if you want to be taken seriously.

Not sure why Hopkins is a sell when he is looking at 4 more years of elite wr production, with 2 years of faded production after that. He's pretty valuable.

You came here to get our opinion on your planned offer. Everyone is telling you the same thing, you just don’t like it. That’s fine, maybe we are all way off base. Go ahead and ship your offer.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Tue May 19, 2020 11:10 am

Trying to buy CMC right now is just foolish in general. You're buying him at peak value and its going to have to take a massive overpay to acquire him. I just don't see how anybody can afford him and it make sense.

MFundercover
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby MFundercover » Tue May 19, 2020 11:29 am

alphaxray wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:58 am
MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 am

You came here to get our opinion on your planned offer. Everyone is telling you the same thing, you just don’t like it. That’s fine, maybe we are all way off base. Go ahead and ship your offer.
I dont disagree that its will require an overpay, but calling it a joke is just stupid. Hopkins is a legit stud.

Chark, to me is viable, but has a low ceiling and is pretty easily replaceable. What I dont like is how over valued Chark is here. You guys are way off base with him.

dirkey
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dirkey » Tue May 19, 2020 11:48 am

MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:29 am
alphaxray wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:58 am
MFundercover wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:12 am If I was offered CMC for Hopkins and Sanders I would instantly hit reject.

I dont disagree that its will require an overpay, but calling it a joke is just stupid. Hopkins is a legit stud.

Chark, to me is viable, but has a low ceiling and is pretty easily replaceable. What I dont like is how over valued Chark is here. You guys are way off base with him.
Maybe... Just maybe, when multiple people think someone is good, maybe you're off base? Have a think about that.

You've been on the forum less than a week and I already recognise your username from you being in arguments where you've basically stated someone else is dumb and you're an oracle.

And it's stood out to me because, unlike other forums I'm on, this one is not like that. People swap opinions here, respectfully.

Draft Picks

elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby elvisn » Tue May 19, 2020 11:57 am

CMC just got traded today in a 2QB league I'm in.

4 1sts, a 2nd, Mostert & Tevin Coleman for CMC.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex(WRT). Bench 11, IR 2.

QB: Drew Brees, Minshew, Hurts.
RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.
TE: Evan Engram, Dallas Goedert, Adam Trautman.

Picks:
2021: 1st, 3rd.
2022: 1st, 3rd.
2023: 1st ,2nd, 3rd.

Team 2
10 Team - PPR, 4pts Pass TD, 6pts Rec/Rush TD, Return scoring yards/TDs.
Start: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4Flex

QB: LJax, Goff, Minshew, Hurts, Rosen.
RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.
TE: Higbee, OJ Howard, Cook, Gesicki.