Ronald Jones, Jack Doyle and 2.09 for Harry and a '22 3rd

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Ronald Jones, Jack Doyle and 2.09 for Harry and a '22 3rd

Postby stoneghost28 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:37 pm

10 Team PPR Superflex and start 2 TE

Curious what people think. A variety of counter offers went into my inbox from a fellow owner whose a chief competitor with me in this league, I've been looking to add to my five shares of Harry this offseason because his price has gotten so cheap, but this is an expensive offer. Another offer of Jones and the 2.09 for Harry was also sent as well as two others that were dismissed out of hand.

DLF Analyzer says I get taken out to the woodshed in both offers (I lose by basically 80 or 100 points). A sticking point for both of us in the deal is quibbling over whether I can send him my 2.10 or my 2.09. I'd prefer to send my 2.10 and countered my original offer, which he rejected, I sense that he feels the same way I do, that w/me picking in front of him, or him picking in front of me, if there are any "how on earth did he drop this far" prospects available at the 2.09, said prospect won't make it to 2.10. Otherwise why break a deal over the 2.10 or 2.09? And yet we're both kind of willing to for the reason I just mentioned.

Since I joined the league we both had quality start ups that put us ahead and while I did very well w/the rookie draft(I snapped up Miles Sanders when he fell to my 1.07 and and AJ Brown when he was still inexplicably available at 2.04) he stepped on some land mines (Harry, whom we both liked, at 1.05, D. Henderson at 2.01, then complimented me on my taking Hakeem at 3.03 one pick before he planned too (whoops for both of us) before taking R. Armstead). It wasn't his rookie draft, but I've watched his drafting, trading and waiver moves since and the potholes were an aberration, and I completely understood the Harry pick if not the Henderson over AJ Brown selection.

Curious? Do you think it's worth walking away? DLF Analyzer says this should be a straight up trade, but I prefer Harry to Jones because 2 years of Jones career are already in the book and RB careers are short, especially if you stink early, if Harry can fix things he's got a decade ahead of him which is why I'd like to grab him, otoh, the 2.09 is a sticking point, having to give up both Doyle and the pick is excessive. What do you guys think? I have 5 shares of Harry already and I'm down to 4 or 5 shares of Jones across my 11 leagues after flipping 2.02, a future 3rd and Jones for Guice in another league.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Ronald Jones, Jack Doyle and 2.09 for Harry and a '22 3rd

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:51 pm

If Harry is your guy, this price is not terribly steep to me. All the assets in the deal are risky and could go either way.

boobam13
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Ronald Jones, Jack Doyle and 2.09 for Harry and a '22 3rd

Postby boobam13 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:59 pm

seems like lots of junk for a Harry who was a top 3 prospect last year
12Team/PPR/1QB-2RB-2WR-1TE-1FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2013 and 2017 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
K-
DL-
LB-
DB-

12Team/PPR/1QB-1RB-1WR-1TE-3FLEX-1K-1DL-2LB-2DB-2DEF FLEX 2019 Champion*
53 Man Rosters - Active (46) Practice Squad (7) IR
QB-