Just started a full Rebuild

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
afrye1
Role Player
Role Player

Just started a full Rebuild

Postby afrye1 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:52 am

Hey everyone!

I started a full on rebuild this offseason for team two in my sig. I’ve got a few trades fall my way so far but I’m looking ahead and trying. To figure out what my next moves are. I’m in discussions with a couple different owners to trade away kittle and Hooper. if that goes through, that will net me 1.02, a 2021 first and Sutton.

I’m trying to sell TY for a 2021 first but I can only get ahold of about half the league right now so it’s not easy to trade.

Going forward, how should I do my first redraft? I plan on having 1.03,1.06,1.07, 1.10, 2.01, and 2.03 this year. With the nice young WRs I have and TEs (if I don’t trade Kittle and Hooper) what should I do?
I’m really big on JT and swift but sitting at 1.03 I doubt I get those guys. Should I just take one of those WRs at 1.03 or should I trade back for a 2021 first plus? I think I could probably trade back with most of my picks but I think I’ll probably take 2 of the firsts with BPA. I get excited thanking I may be able to compete this year if I can get two decent RBs but I want to stay the course on the rebuild. What say you?

Sorry for the novel but thanks for the help!

Edit: I also realize I have no real depth so I’ll need to really nail my seconds.
Team 1
Start 1 QB 2RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 flex 1 SF
QB: L.JACKSON WILSON Mayfield Mac Jones Trevor siemien Mike White
RB: BARKLEY A.JONES Aj Dillion James Robinson Mike Davis gaskin Lindsey rojo drake ozigbo n.hines Doaks Herbert eno Benjamin
WR: T.HILL Diggs NUK McLaurin Gallup P.Williams Allen lazard MVS Bowden Van Jefferson D.Harris Q.cephus, Darby
TE: KITTLE Evan Engram RSJ hunter long

6 pts for TD full PPR .25 PPC 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards 1 pt per 20 passing yards

Team 2
10 team PPR league
4 pt passing td. 6 pt for all other TD.
QB: DAK, Matt Ryan, Taysom Hill
RB: Chubb, Miles Sanders, James Robinson Akers, T.coleman, Royce Freeman,Chase Edmonds, Ryquell Armstead, Joshua Kelly, L.perine,
WR: MT, Tyreek Hill, Godwin, JUJU, Mclaurin, M.Brown, Sterling Shepard, Preston Williams, PLazard, John Ross, Trequan Smith,Harmon, Ruggs, T.Higgins
TE: Kittle, Hunter Henry,OJ Howard,
K: Butker
DEF: Colts Packers Browns
start: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1TE 2 flex
2021: 2x 1sts
2022: 3rd, 4th

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Just started a full Rebuild

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:10 am

I think Kittle is extremely valuable in a 10 team league and would highly consider keeping him. Your wr's are on the right track and hopefully your picks hit. I would go BPA in the draft and I think you are still a year or two away, but on the right track.

pmart33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pmart33 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:11 am

afrye1 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:52 am Hey everyone!

I started a full on rebuild this offseason for team two in my sig. I’ve got a few trades fall my way so far but I’m looking ahead and trying. To figure out what my next moves are. I’m in discussions with a couple different owners to trade away kittle and Hooper. if that goes through, that will net me 1.02, a 2021 first and Sutton.

I’m trying to sell TY for a 2021 first but I can only get ahold of about half the league right now so it’s not easy to trade.

Going forward, how should I do my first redraft? I plan on having 1.03,1.06,1.07, 1.10, 2.01, and 2.03 this year. With the nice young WRs I have and TEs (if I don’t trade Kittle and Hooper) what should I do?
I’m really big on JT and swift but sitting at 1.03 I doubt I get those guys. Should I just take one of those WRs at 1.03 or should I trade back for a 2021 first plus? I think I could probably trade back with most of my picks but I think I’ll probably take 2 of the firsts with BPA. I get excited thanking I may be able to compete this year if I can get two decent RBs but I want to stay the course on the rebuild. What say you?

Sorry for the novel but thanks for the help!

Edit: I also realize I have no real depth so I’ll need to really nail my seconds.
Not a bad set up at all for a rebuild situation. I'd for sure float guys Like Matt Ryan, Shepard, TY and 2 of your TE's out there and see what you can get, but you'll likely get more for those guys as the season gets closer.

As far as your picks go, kick the tires on moving up or down the draft board and see if there is good value to be had, as maximizing value is very important when making deals during a rebuild. Do your research, and if the price is too steep to move up, just pick the best player regardless of position.

Also, If you do not own your 2021 picks I'd make it a priority to get at least your first and second back so you'll have some control over your future. Good luck!
For Podcasts, Blogs and more please visit:
https://www.sundaysurefire.com/

Team 1
12 Team .5 PPR
Starters 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Hurts Love Cousins
RB CMC Stevenson Ekeler Mostert Spiller
WR Hill Puka Aiyuk Diggs
TE Kelce

Team 2
12 Team PPR SF TE Prem
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Kyler A-Rich
RB Dobbins Hull
WR Flowers London C. Watson Mingo
TE McBride Musgrave Mayer Fant

1.01 1.03
4 2025 1sts
5 2026 1sts

Team 3
12 Team PPR SF
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Burrow Purdy Howell
RB Taylor Hall Kyren Pollard Z. White Dowdle
WR Lamb Puka Deebo Dionte M. Williams Zay Jones
TE Njoku Fant Hill
2.01 2.08

Team 4
12 Team .5 PPR SF TE Prem 1 PPR
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Purdy Cousins Watson Levis Fields
RB Bijan Gibbs Barkley Walker Kyren
WR Lamb Hill Kupp Dell Diontae E. Moore Mims Pierce
TE Hockenson Goedert

3 2025 1sts
4 2026 1sts

afrye1
Role Player
Role Player

Postby afrye1 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:31 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:10 am I think Kittle is extremely valuable in a 10 team league and would highly consider keeping him. Your wr's are on the right track and hopefully your picks hit. I would go BPA in the draft and I think you are still a year or two away, but on the right track.
I think I may talk to the guy interested in kittle and tell him that I’d rather just move up to 1.02 without trading kittle. He has openly said he is willing to move back but it has to stay in the top 5. I have 3 so I’ll see how much he wants to move back one spot.

pmart33 wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:11 am

Not a bad set up at all for a rebuild situation. I'd for sure float guys Like Matt Ryan, Shepard, TY and 2 of your TE's out there and see what you can get, but you'll likely get more for those guys as the season gets closer.

As far as your picks go, kick the tires on moving up or down the draft board and see if there is good value to be had, as maximizing value is very important when making deals during a rebuild. Do your research, and if the price is too steep to move up, just pick the best player regardless of position.

Also, If you do not own your 2021 picks I'd make it a priority to get at least your first and second back so you'll have some control over your future. Good luck!
I’m trying to kick the tires but haven’t had much going on there. Like you said I’ll probably have to wait until closer to the season or in season. I have all my 2021 picks plus two extra firsts. I fell I’m sitting just fine in 2020 at this point so I may gun for 2021 picks.
Team 1
Start 1 QB 2RB 2 WR 1 TE 2 flex 1 SF
QB: L.JACKSON WILSON Mayfield Mac Jones Trevor siemien Mike White
RB: BARKLEY A.JONES Aj Dillion James Robinson Mike Davis gaskin Lindsey rojo drake ozigbo n.hines Doaks Herbert eno Benjamin
WR: T.HILL Diggs NUK McLaurin Gallup P.Williams Allen lazard MVS Bowden Van Jefferson D.Harris Q.cephus, Darby
TE: KITTLE Evan Engram RSJ hunter long

6 pts for TD full PPR .25 PPC 1 pt per 10 rushing/receiving yards 1 pt per 20 passing yards

Team 2
10 team PPR league
4 pt passing td. 6 pt for all other TD.
QB: DAK, Matt Ryan, Taysom Hill
RB: Chubb, Miles Sanders, James Robinson Akers, T.coleman, Royce Freeman,Chase Edmonds, Ryquell Armstead, Joshua Kelly, L.perine,
WR: MT, Tyreek Hill, Godwin, JUJU, Mclaurin, M.Brown, Sterling Shepard, Preston Williams, PLazard, John Ross, Trequan Smith,Harmon, Ruggs, T.Higgins
TE: Kittle, Hunter Henry,OJ Howard,
K: Butker
DEF: Colts Packers Browns
start: 1 QB 2 WR 2 RB 1TE 2 flex
2021: 2x 1sts
2022: 3rd, 4th

pmart33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pmart33 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:42 pm

I’m trying to kick the tires but haven’t had much going on there. Like you said I’ll probably have to wait until closer to the season or in season. I have all my 2021 picks plus two extra firsts. I fell I’m sitting just fine in 2020 at this point so I may gun for 2021 picks.
[/quote]

I like your 2020 draft capital as well, and your veterans may fetch you more in return from other owners if they only have to give up future picks to get them. Keep getting good value in your deals, hope your young guys pan out and you'll turn it around in a year or 2.
For Podcasts, Blogs and more please visit:
https://www.sundaysurefire.com/

Team 1
12 Team .5 PPR
Starters 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Hurts Love Cousins
RB CMC Stevenson Ekeler Mostert Spiller
WR Hill Puka Aiyuk Diggs
TE Kelce

Team 2
12 Team PPR SF TE Prem
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex-WR/RB/TE