Aaron Jones for ???

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Aaron Jones for ???

Postby LMS123 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:41 pm

Got a friend for the league in my sig asking about Aaron Jones after I put him on the trade block. I think now is a decent time to sell after his touch downs inflated his total points and is due to regress. His team is pretty loaded but I think we can make a move; here is his roster:

Mahomes, Carr, Tannehill, Keenum, Grier
Chubb, Kamara, Cohen, Dam. Harris, Hyde, Ty Johnson, Rojo, Lamar Miller, Ogunbowale, Richard, Samuels, Darwin
MT, Adams, Hollywood, McLauren, C. Ridley, Arob, Deebo, Hamilton, Harmon, Keesean, Pascal,
Andrews, Henry, Thomas
Picks. 1.09, 2.11, 3.04, 3.10

I was thinking of offering Aaron Jones and 3.09 for Hollywood and 1.09.

Thoughts on that, Or any other offers you like more?

Thanks as always!
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (T), Levis (T), Bagent, Clifford, Hall, White, Fromm
RB: Roschon (T), Allgeier, Hill, McIntosh, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell
Chestnut (IR), Wilson (IR)
WR: Addison, London, Jmo (T), Shaheed, Reed (T), Pop D, Der. Davis, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Watson, Austin (T)
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (T), Trautman, Gray, Moreau
2024: 1.01, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

Sleeper (.5 PPR, 1.5 TE PPR, SF)
QB: Tua, Fields, Cousins (IR), Dobbs, Bagent, Devito, White, Walker, Lance, Hall
RB: Hall, JT, White, Javonte, Ford, Kendre, Allgeier, Henderson, Akers (IR), Ingram (T), Hull (T)
WR: Jetts (IR), Devonta, Jeudy, Meyers, Mooney, Guyton, Rondale, J. Palmer (IR), T. Palmer (T), C. Jones (T)
TE: Andrews (IR), Likely
2024: 5
2025: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Aaron Jones for ???

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:44 pm

I would target Ridley over M. Brown long term. I think now is a good time to trade Jones at max value also.

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:48 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:44 pm I would target Ridley over M. Brown long term. I think now is a good time to trade Jones at max value also.
I agree with Ridley over Hollywood; I'd like to get the first round pick though to have a chance to either draft a back to replace Jones or take another WR. I think Ridley and the 1.09 is too much to ask, do you?
WR: Addison, London, Jmo (T), Shaheed, Reed (T), Pop D, Der. Davis, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Watson, Austin (T)

QB: Tua, Fields, Cousins (IR), Dobbs, Bagent, Devito, White, Walker, Lance, Hall
RB: Hall, JT, White, Javonte, Ford, Kendre, Allgeier, Henderson, Akers (IR), Ingram (T), Hull (T)
WR: Jetts (IR), Devonta, Jeudy, Meyers, Mooney, Guyton, Rondale, J. Palmer (IR), T. Palmer (T), C. Jones (T)

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:52 pm

LMS123 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:48 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:44 pm I would target Ridley over M. Brown long term. I think now is a good time to trade Jones at max value also.
I agree with Ridley over Hollywood; I'd like to get the first round pick though to have a chance to either draft a back to replace Jones or take another WR. I think Ridley and the 1.09 is too much to ask, do you?
Seems like a lot to ask, but some owners are very high on Jones. Pretty owner dependent. Do you get the feeling the other owner wants Jones pretty bad?

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:01 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:52 pm
Seems like a lot to ask, but some owners are very high on Jones. Pretty owner dependent. Do you get the feeling the other owner wants Jones pretty bad?
He came to me we’ve been talking about it and I know he really wants another rb, I sent it over to him. I like it for me if he accepts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:08 pm

LMS123 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:01 pm

He came to me we’ve been talking about it and I know he really wants another rb, I sent it over to him. I like it for me if he accepts
Let me know how it turns out.

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:30 pm

Tough call and I may be biased as I love and own both Jones and Ridley in both of my dynasties. I know people keep banging the drum that Jones TD regression is going to drop him quite a bit. I agree his TD's may regress but he is one of those players proven to finding a way into the end zone. More importantly I have enough confidence that LaFleur will see what we all see- Jones is an absolute stud in the passing game and will get more run in that facet of the offense.

I think Ridley is a better value to purchase now as I think his value will be a true fringe FF WR1 by the end of 2020.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:33 pm

dmac37 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:30 pm Tough call and I may be biased as I love and own both Jones and Ridley in both of my dynasties. I know people keep banging the drum that Jones TD regression is going to drop him quite a bit. I agree his TD's may regress but he is one of those players proven to finding a way into the end zone. More importantly I have enough confidence that LaFleur will see what we all see- Jones is an absolute stud in the passing game and will get more run in that facet of the offense.

I think Ridley is a better value to purchase now as I think his value will be a true fringe FF WR1 by the end of 2020.
Yea they’re both good assets. Do you have a preference on which side of the trade you’d prefer?

Jones, 3.09
Ridley. 1.09

dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Postby dmac37 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:56 pm

LMS123 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:33 pm
dmac37 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:30 pm Tough call and I may be biased as I love and own both Jones and Ridley in both of my dynasties. I know people keep banging the drum that Jones TD regression is going to drop him quite a bit. I agree his TD's may regress but he is one of those players proven to finding a way into the end zone. More importantly I have enough confidence that LaFleur will see what we all see- Jones is an absolute stud in the passing game and will get more run in that facet of the offense.

Yea they’re both good assets. Do you have a preference on which side of the trade you’d prefer?

Jones, 3.09
Ridley. 1.09
Considering the draft picks involved I would have to go Ridley. I think this year a mid 1st round to early 2nd round pick carries nearly the same value as a early 1st round pick IMO.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:57 pm

LMS123 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:33 pm Yea they’re both good assets. Do you have a preference on which side of the trade you’d prefer?

Jones, 3.09
Ridley. 1.09
Ridley/1.09 long term. I do believe it hurts your chances this year though unfortunately. But your WRs are in rough shape you gotta do something about it somehow so I see the appeal here.
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:20 pm

Zacsby wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:57 pm
LMS123 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:33 pm Yea they’re both good assets. Do you have a preference on which side of the trade you’d prefer?

Jones, 3.09
Ridley. 1.09
Ridley/1.09 long term. I do believe it hurts your chances this year though unfortunately. But your WRs are in rough shape you gotta do something about it somehow so I see the appeal here.
My thoughts too, about hurting me this year. With my receivers I don’t know if I really had a chance though. As set as I am at QB, RB, and TE my receivers are such a liability

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:34 pm

dmac37 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:56 pm
LMS123 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:33 pm

Jones, 3.09
Ridley. 1.09
Considering the draft picks involved I would have to go Ridley. I think this year a mid 1st round to early 2nd round pick carries nearly the same value as a early 1st round pick IMO.
I agree, appreciate the input! If the trade happens I’d look for one if Taylor, Swift, Dobbins or Akers at 9 to replace Jones

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:08 pm

So he said he’d feel better with it if it was Hollywood not Ridley, and I said well I’d feel better if it was Ridley not Hollywood. If it was Hollywood, 1.09, and 2.11 would that help in your eyes? That would give me a dart throw at Bryan Edwards, or Tyler Johnson or Aiyuk or someone like that

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:59 pm

LMS123 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:08 pm

So he said he’d feel better with it if it was Hollywood not Ridley, and I said well I’d feel better if it was Ridley not Hollywood. If it was Hollywood, 1.09, and 2.11 would that help in your eyes? That would give me a dart throw at Bryan Edwards, or Tyler Johnson or Aiyuk or someone like that
I think the value is pretty solid, I just dont think Brown is the safest asset based on the system he plays in. I see him being boom or bust. I would push for Ridley as it seems the other owner wants Jones. At the same time, I dont think Jones holds his value this year.

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:13 am

I would be holding out for something better than Hollywood honestly. So sick of hearing about regression with AJ. Take away 10 of those TDs and where does he finish in scoring? I have no idea but still pretty high I imagine. Plus I honestly believe it was less luck and more just him being one of the better redzone weapons in the league. Giving an extremely volatile boom or bust WR and a late 1st for an RB1 would be a steal for him and he knows it.
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen