Why can't I stop drafting QB's?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
PTW32
Captain
Captain

Why can't I stop drafting QB's?

Postby PTW32 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:38 am

Just finished my first SF start up draft. Its also my first 16 team leagues. As the draft went I i couldnt help but continue to take qbs. Did I go over board? My skill positions are pretty weak but with 16 teams i guess thats part of it? Do i try to contend this year or start try to move some vets?

16 teams, SF, PPR, TE Premium

QB: Watson, Ryan, Burrow, Hill, Rosen, Flacco
RB: Jacobs, Hunt, Malcom Brown, Burkhead, Gaskin, McGuire
WR: Landry, Edelman, Hardman, Stills, Campbell, Perriman, Enunwa
TE: Andrews, Moreau
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Re: Why can't I stop drafting QB's?

Postby EAGLES » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 am

It all depends on who was available when you drafted Burrow, Rosen, Hill and Flacco. Personally, I wouldn’t have drafted Rosen, Hill or Flacco if there was better positional players available. Your QB1/QB2/QB3 are solid, but you are right your remainder of your roster took a hit. Even in a 16 team I don’t think it’s ready to compete. I’d look to sell Edelman this season for sure to a contender. I do like your overall WR core, I think Hardman and Campbell take a step forward this season

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:07 am

Most SF drafts I do QBs go undervalued and I draft a QB with every pick. I started with 7 straight qbs last draft. Widdled them down to 3 now with a great team. I'd look to move burrow right after the draft when he's peak value for an elite WR or a couple young studs. I don't trust his fantasy value in the NFL.
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:15 am

EAGLES wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 am It all depends on who was available when you drafted Burrow, Rosen, Hill and Flacco. Personally, I wouldn’t have drafted Rosen, Hill or Flacco if there was better positional players available. Your QB1/QB2/QB3 are solid, but you are right your remainder of your roster took a hit. Even in a 16 team I don’t think it’s ready to compete. I’d look to sell Edelman this season for sure to a contender. I do like your overall WR core, I think Hardman and Campbell take a step forward this season
Thanks for responding. I didnt really draft Burrow but i got 1.01 in the rookie draft bc i was last in the Vet draft so im penciling him in.

When i took Taysom Hill there were still so WRs avalible. Guys like Cory Davis and JJaw. Maybe that would have been a better way to go.

When i took the other 2 qbs there wasnt much. Guys like bisi johnson, dez and byron pringle were being picked. I felt like there was a better change that rosen or flacco are starts at somepoint and i could flip them then the guys avalible become anything. But its possible i just got QB happy.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

EAGLES
MVP
MVP

Postby EAGLES » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:18 am

PTW32 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:15 am
EAGLES wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 am It all depends on who was available when you drafted Burrow, Rosen, Hill and Flacco. Personally, I wouldn’t have drafted Rosen, Hill or Flacco if there was better positional players available. Your QB1/QB2/QB3 are solid, but you are right your remainder of your roster took a hit. Even in a 16 team I don’t think it’s ready to compete. I’d look to sell Edelman this season for sure to a contender. I do like your overall WR core, I think Hardman and Campbell take a step forward this season
Thanks for responding. I didnt really draft Burrow but i got 1.01 in the rookie draft bc i was last in the Vet draft so im penciling him in.

When i took Taysom Hill there were still so WRs avalible. Guys like Cory Davis and JJaw. Maybe that would have been a better way to go.

When i took the other 2 qbs there wasnt much. Guys like bisi johnson, dez and byron pringle were being picked. I felt like there was a better change that rosen or flacco are starts at somepoint and i could flip them then the guys avalible become anything. But its possible i just got QB happy.
Would’ve went a different route over Taysom but definitely agree with you taking the chance on Rosen over those other guys.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:52 am

I agree, depends on who was available when you took the lower QBs and how your league values them. Very league to league dependent.

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:49 am

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:52 am I agree, depends on who was available when you took the lower QBs and how your league values them. Very league to league dependent.
I guess its too early to know how they be valued with it being a start up.

Some seemed to value them pretty highly (Daniel Jones went in the 2nd and Goff in the 3rd) but other team didnt seem to reach for them (1 teams QB1 is Winston)

I guess I'll just wait and see what kind of offers I get and how I start the season before I decide what approach to take.

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:34 am

What are the starting requirements? I kind of like this team in such a deep league, assuming the positional starting requirements aren't some huge number. You managed to come away with studs at RB1, WR1, and TE1; in addition to being deep at QB. If those guys even come close to what they did in 2019, you'll compete.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

PTW32
Captain
Captain

Postby PTW32 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:45 am

Paul717 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:34 am What are the starting requirements? I kind of like this team in such a deep league, assuming the positional starting requirements aren't some huge number. You managed to come away with studs at RB1, WR1, and TE1; in addition to being deep at QB. If those guys even come close to what they did in 2019, you'll compete.
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, SF

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

Huddle3233
Captain
Captain

Postby Huddle3233 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:38 am

great job on getting the 1.1 in a 16-teamer.

Id look to DEAL that for multiple 1sts for 20' draft or possibly go w Swift or Taylor if the landing spots are ideal.......

Don't think Hill, Flacco or Rosen will ever start for you-but never know. Fine for where you drafted them.