CMC for Big Package

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Which side?

CMC
79%
Amari Cooper, James Connor, Derek Carr, 2020 2,3,3,4,4,5, and 2021 1,2,3,4,5
21%

Total votes: 43

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Re: CMC for Big Package

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:39 pm

The.Big.Spank wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:52 pm So you got a 29 year old qb, who will be a starter, a WR1 who is 25, and a first, Pittsburgh's starting running back and a half dozen picks.

Cooper = 1st
Carr = late first in a SF
2021 1st = a 1st
Conner = a second

And that is a "fairly easy pass" for most of you?
I don't value Carr as a 1st, even in superflex. I'd expect him to be a backup sooner rather than later. So this is basically McCaffrey for Cooper + 2021 1st + Conner and a bunch of ancillary picks that you're going to need a ton of roster room for. The value isn't awful, but I'd much rather have McCaffrey.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Mtt33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Mtt33 » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:27 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:39 pm
The.Big.Spank wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:52 pm So you got a 29 year old qb, who will be a starter, a WR1 who is 25, and a first, Pittsburgh's starting running back and a half dozen picks.

Cooper = 1st
Carr = late first in a SF
2021 1st = a 1st
Conner = a second

And that is a "fairly easy pass" for most of you?
I don't value Carr as a 1st, even in superflex. I'd expect him to be a backup sooner rather than later. So this is basically McCaffrey for Cooper + 2021 1st + Conner and a bunch of ancillary picks that you're going to need a ton of roster room for. The value isn't awful, but I'd much rather have McCaffrey.
Disagree that he will be a backup. He’s an nfl starter, not a good one but he’s a starter. Potentially Getting shipped out from the raiders doesn’t make him a backup, he will start elsewhere, probably with better weapons...

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:07 am

rmacattack6 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:31 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:08 pm Three risky assets and a bunch of crap for top non-QB dynasty asset. Give me the top non-QB dynasty asset every time.

Cooper - Yet to be signed so destination unknown...although likely to be back in Dallas who has QB question marks of their own. Best case scenario is that he is back on Dallas so he can give you 3 game-winning weeks to balance out 13 mediocre ones. Inconsistent as hell. But he is young so that doesn’t matter.

Carr - All QBs have value in a superflex, even 29 year old mediocre ones. “But he is a starter.” Pending the draft and pending their move to LV. I’m sure they won’t be looking to draft a new face of the franchise for the big relocation. I mean they have DEREK CARR! There’s a reason why he doesn’t crack the top 25 QBs. He is replaceable and likely will be replaced sooner than later. Good thing they are moving to LV. Now he’s a little closer to Idaho, so Carr can go hang out with Uncle Rico and Marcus Mariota.

2021 1st - A 1st is a 1st.

The rest of the picks don’t mean much in a 10 team league unless your starting requirements include 15 flex spots.

CMC - Needs no analysis.

So you are basically moving the most consistent plug-and-play non-QB...who is only 23...and put up monster numbers with whoever was under center...

For

A young, contract-less, explosive WR who will lose you twice as many games as he will win you...and a QB3 with no job security and no WRs...and a 2021 1st...and a bunch of fluff. Good luck.
You dont like James Connor?
IMO Connor is JAG. He had one good year in a very good offense. He should have been a sell high after 2018. This year he gave you one good week and a couple of random touchdowns followed by injury. I think he bounces back a little this year assuming Ben comes back, but he isn’t good enough to be irreplaceable. I would would value him maybe mid 2nd round, but honestly I would be hesitant to give that up with rookie fever hitting and the pick values going up.

Main reason I don’t care for this deal is that the OP gave up the best player in the deal by far, and that player is the top non-QB asset. He is elite and consistent no matter the offense. And in my opinion, if you are giving up that type of player, you need elite talent back plus several upside pieces. The best player back was Cooper. Ok, he has elite weeks but he is inconsistent as hell. Carr is not elite and does not have upside. Connor is not elite and does not have upside. The 2021 1st is not elite and probably offers little upside. CMC for Cooper and some fluff is not what I would want.

rmacattack6
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rmacattack6 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:58 am

slaughterrt wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:07 am
slaughterrt wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:08 pm Three risky assets and a bunch of crap for top non-QB dynasty asset. Give me the top non-QB dynasty asset every time.

Cooper - Yet to be signed so destination unknown...although likely to be back in Dallas who has QB question marks of their own. Best case scenario is that he is back on Dallas so he can give you 3 game-winning weeks to balance out 13 mediocre ones. Inconsistent as hell. But he is young so that doesn’t matter.

Carr - All QBs have value in a superflex, even 29 year old mediocre ones. “But he is a starter.” Pending the draft and pending their move to LV. I’m sure they won’t be looking to draft a new face of the franchise for the big relocation. I mean they have DEREK CARR! There’s a reason why he doesn’t crack the top 25 QBs. He is replaceable and likely will be replaced sooner than later. Good thing they are moving to LV. Now he’s a little closer to Idaho, so Carr can go hang out with Uncle Rico and Marcus Mariota.

2021 1st - A 1st is a 1st.

The rest of the picks don’t mean much in a 10 team league unless your starting requirements include 15 flex spots.

CMC - Needs no analysis.

So you are basically moving the most consistent plug-and-play non-QB...who is only 23...and put up monster numbers with whoever was under center...

For

A young, contract-less, explosive WR who will lose you twice as many games as he will win you...and a QB3 with no job security and no WRs...and a 2021 1st...and a bunch of fluff. Good luck.
IMO Connor is JAG. He had one good year in a very good offense. He should have been a sell high after 2018. This year he gave you one good week and a couple of random touchdowns followed by injury. I think he bounces back a little this year assuming Ben comes back, but he isn’t good enough to be irreplaceable. I would would value him maybe mid 2nd round, but honestly I would be hesitant to give that up with rookie fever hitting and the pick values going up.

Main reason I don’t care for this deal is that the OP gave up the best player in the deal by far, and that player is the top non-QB asset. He is elite and consistent no matter the offense. And in my opinion, if you are giving up that type of player, you need elite talent back plus several upside pieces. The best player back was Cooper. Ok, he has elite weeks but he is inconsistent as hell. Carr is not elite and does not have upside. Connor is not elite and does not have upside. The 2021 1st is not elite and probably offers little upside. CMC for Cooper and some fluff is not what I would want.
Kk thanks for the feedback. I am having a little seller's remorse but I honestly think Mccaffrey is gonna get hurt this year with the amount of touches he is getting and I wanted to cash in! Does it help that we have three taxi spots for rookies and QBs are overvalued because it is 6 point TD passes?
Team 1: 8 Team Standard Scoring, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3 Flex, K, DEF

QB - Jackson, Stafford, Darnold
RB - Chubb, Mack, Henderson, Mostert, Howard, Coleman, Cohen, T.Pollard, D.Harris, D. Freeman
WR - Hopkins, Thielen, Robinson, Metcalf, M.Jones, Washington, Arcega-Whiteside
TE - Henry, Howard
K -
DEF -

2020 8th, 14th, and 17th overall
2021 2,2,3,3,4

Team 2: 10 Team PPR Scoring, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3 Flex

QB - Wilson, Brady, , Cousins, Minshew
RB - Chubb, Mack, Coleman, Penny, D Harris, D. Freeman
WR -Thomas, Moore, Boyd, Ridley, Sanders, Jeffrey, Crowder, Campbell, Miller, Sims Jr
TE - Kittle, Hurst, Knox

2020 10th, 13th, 22nd, and 36th overall
2021 1,2,3,3,4
2022 1,2,2,3,4

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:03 am

package sucks
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:04 am

rmacattack6 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:58 am
slaughterrt wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:07 am

Kk thanks for the feedback. I am having a little seller's remorse but I honestly think Mccaffrey is gonna get hurt this year with the amount of touches he is getting and I wanted to cash in! Does it help that we have three taxi spots for rookies and QBs are overvalued because it is 6 point TD passes?
I don’t know that it helps, in my opinion, that it’s 6 point passing TDs. I think the only thing that does is devalues QB rushing TDs a little.

I’m not trying to poopoo on your trade. If you are happy with it, that’s what matters. As an owner of CMC in a couple of leagues, I would need to be wowed by an offer to consider and I just wasn’t wowed here at all.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:14 am

The.Big.Spank wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:52 pm Would 9,000,000,000,000 first be enough for an undersized RB on a bad team with a questionable quarterback?
err... was he not the best fantasy player (non-QB) with those exact same conditions?

slaughterrt wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:08 pm A young, contract-less, explosive WR who will lose you twice as many games as he will win you...
:clap:

Mtt33 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:27 am Disagree that he will be a backup. He’s an nfl starter, not a good one but he’s a starter. Potentially Getting shipped out from the raiders doesn’t make him a backup, he will start elsewhere, probably with better weapons...
the guy cries after he gets sacked!

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:29 am

rmacattack6 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:58 am Kk thanks for the feedback. I am having a little seller's remorse but I honestly think Mccaffrey is gonna get hurt this year with the amount of touches he is getting and I wanted to cash in! Does it help that we have three taxi spots for rookies and QBs are overvalued because it is 6 point TD passes?
Lol, only a little?

You sold the #1 overall fantasy for cheap because you think he's going to get hurt this year?!? Huh?

No, none of that helps at all.

This was bad. Next time, come to this forum before making a deal like that. Even if you have some kind of premonition that he's going to get hurt, you still should have gotten more back for him.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

theintercept
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby theintercept » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:46 am

Regardless of everything else, that trade worries me from a league dissolution standpoint. It looks like that leaguemate is trying to give everything away but his starters in order to make a run at the ship. But what is he left with at the end of the 2020 season? Had no picks in 2020, none coming up in 2021... seems to me like he said 'screw it' in his head and is making one last run at it before he ditches the league.
WR: Adams, Cooper, Arob, AJ Brown, Tee Higgins, DPJ, G. Wilson, Pickens, Wandale
TE: Waller, Freiermuth
2023 Picks: 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2021 Champion

TEAM 2 (year 3): 12 Team (PPR/SFLX/2TEPREM) Reqts: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 3 FLX, 1 SFLX
QB: Fields, M Ryan, Garoppolo, Dalton, Trask
RB: Mixon, Dillon, Penny, D'Ernest, Eno, Chris Evans
WR: JJefferson, McLaurin, Cooks, Golladay, Toney, Kirk, Shenault, P-Jones
TE: Andrews, Hooper, Freiermuth

2021 Champion

pmart33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pmart33 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:03 pm

It's a huge pile of assets, so I get the thought process of taking it. I just don't really value anything other than Cooper very highly. Conner, the 2020 2nd and the 2021 1st also carry some value for me, but if I'm dealing CMC I want more than 1 sure thing in return.

I know people will say what a solid asset Carr is in SF, but in a 10 team league I wouldn't put as much of an emphasis on a guy like him as I would in a 12 or 14 team SF league. In a 10 team league I'm all about the Stud RB. Just my 2 cents.
For Podcasts, Blogs and more please visit:
https://www.sundaysurefire.com/

Team 1
12 Team .5 PPR
Starters 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Hurts Love Cousins
RB CMC Stevenson Ekeler Mostert Spiller
WR Hill Puka Aiyuk Diggs
TE Kelce

Team 2
12 Team PPR SF TE Prem
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Kyler A-Rich
RB Dobbins Hull
WR Flowers London C. Watson Mingo
TE McBride Musgrave Mayer Fant

1.01 1.03
4 2025 1sts
5 2026 1sts

Team 3
12 Team PPR SF
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Burrow Purdy Howell
RB Taylor Hall Kyren Pollard Z. White Dowdle
WR Lamb Puka Deebo Dionte M. Williams Zay Jones
TE Njoku Fant Hill
2.01 2.08

Team 4
12 Team .5 PPR SF TE Prem 1 PPR

QB Purdy Cousins Watson Levis Fields
RB Bijan Gibbs Barkley Walker Kyren
WR Lamb Hill Kupp Dell Diontae E. Moore Mims Pierce
TE Hockenson Goedert

3 2025 1sts
4 2026 1sts

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:17 pm

pmart33 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:03 pm It's a huge pile of assets
you spelt "asses" wrong!

pmart33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pmart33 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:42 pm

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:17 pm
pmart33 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:03 pm It's a huge pile of assets
you spelt "asses" wrong!
Well played sir. Well played.
For Podcasts, Blogs and more please visit:
https://www.sundaysurefire.com/

Team 1
12 Team .5 PPR
Starters 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Hurts Love Cousins
RB CMC Stevenson Ekeler Mostert Spiller
WR Hill Puka Aiyuk Diggs
TE Kelce

Team 2
12 Team PPR SF TE Prem
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Kyler A-Rich
RB Dobbins Hull
WR Flowers London C. Watson Mingo
TE McBride Musgrave Mayer Fant

1.01 1.03
4 2025 1sts
5 2026 1sts

Team 3
12 Team PPR SF

QB Burrow Purdy Howell
RB Taylor Hall Kyren Pollard Z. White Dowdle
WR Lamb Puka Deebo Dionte M. Williams Zay Jones
TE Njoku Fant Hill
2.01 2.08

Team 4
12 Team .5 PPR SF TE Prem 1 PPR

QB Purdy Cousins Watson Levis Fields
RB Bijan Gibbs Barkley Walker Kyren
WR Lamb Hill Kupp Dell Diontae E. Moore Mims Pierce
TE Hockenson Goedert

3 2025 1sts
4 2026 1sts

Tomas123
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Tomas123 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:32 am

I think what you turn those picks into determines what side wins. If you can use those picks and lesser players to snag earlier picks and control the draft next year then I say hell ya. Also having that many picks to use in trades is just fun. So if you trying to have fun haha then screw it. Go get them lotto tickets. All of this is contingent on your roster size, I hope it’s frickin huge. But yah I woulda probably done it, because why not? IF Conner comes back to form. I would trade him instantly and try to get an early first for him.

rmacattack6
Rookie
Rookie

Postby rmacattack6 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:56 pm

Tomas123 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:32 am I think what you turn those picks into determines what side wins. If you can use those picks and lesser players to snag earlier picks and control the draft next year then I say hell ya. Also having that many picks to use in trades is just fun. So if you trying to have fun haha then screw it. Go get them lotto tickets. All of this is contingent on your roster size, I hope it’s frickin huge. But yah I woulda probably done it, because why not? IF Conner comes back to form. I would trade him instantly and try to get an early first for him.
Honestly my thoughts hahah. I love the little wheeling and dealing and now I have a tonne of pieces to work with!!
Team 1: 8 Team Standard Scoring, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3 Flex, K, DEF

QB - Jackson, Stafford, Darnold
RB - Chubb, Mack, Henderson, Mostert, Howard, Coleman, Cohen, T.Pollard, D.Harris, D. Freeman
WR - Hopkins, Thielen, Robinson, Metcalf, M.Jones, Washington, Arcega-Whiteside
TE - Henry, Howard
K -
DEF -

2020 8th, 14th, and 17th overall
2021 2,2,3,3,4

Team 2: 10 Team PPR Scoring, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3 Flex

QB - Wilson, Brady, , Cousins, Minshew
RB - Chubb, Mack, Coleman, Penny, D Harris, D. Freeman
WR -Thomas, Moore, Boyd, Ridley, Sanders, Jeffrey, Crowder, Campbell, Miller, Sims Jr
TE - Kittle, Hurst, Knox

2020 10th, 13th, 22nd, and 36th overall
2021 1,2,3,3,4
2022 1,2,2,3,4