Keenan vs. Arob

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Keenan vs. Arob

Postby murphysxm » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:44 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:39 am legit 12 months ago we would be saying uhhhh KA is a top 6 WR and ARob gotta pray for a rebound season lol.
This is a flawed statement. Consensus also said OBJ was the #1 dynasty WR. If you can't adjust to changes, you will be left behind. I view dynasty value in 3 year windows. I would rather have Arob for the next three years.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:46 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:44 am
BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:39 am legit 12 months ago we would be saying uhhhh KA is a top 6 WR and ARob gotta pray for a rebound season lol.
This is a flawed statement. Consensus also said OBJ was the #1 dynasty WR. If you can't adjust to changes, you will be left behind. I view dynasty value in 3 year windows. I would rather have Arob for the next three years.
we remember things differently lol but ya i said arob could be better but theres nothing to suggest that really. trubisky aint the guy and rivers aint the guy. they are a year apart in age, KA is just rock solid every year, ARob has 2 really good seasons. if you give reasoning into why you have arob over KA for the next 3 years i can get behind it more im sure.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:28 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:46 am
we remember things differently lol but ya i said arob could be better but theres nothing to suggest that really. trubisky aint the guy and rivers aint the guy. they are a year apart in age, KA is just rock solid every year, ARob has 2 really good seasons. if you give reasoning into why you have arob over KA for the next 3 years i can get behind it more im sure.
Rivers is gone, KA's QB play is going to be bad for the first time in his career. Arob has had bad QB every year but one in his career and has performed. I have more faith he can overcome bad QB play

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:41 am

Vcize wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:01 pm
perkinsrooster wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:42 pm
Vcize wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:11 pm ARob is a 26 year old that just put up 98-1147-7 with a QB situation that likely can't get any worse but could potentially get better.

Keenan is a 27 year old that just put up 104-1199-6 with a QB situation that is very likely to get worse, possibly a lot worse.

I get that Keenan has been more consistent in recent years but that kind of goes out the window with the QB change. We have no idea if he'll be able to keep it up this year without Rivers.
I think you're overstating the effectiveness of Rivers last year. The few games that I saw he straight up sucked.
He still completed 390 passes (3rd in the league) for 4615 yards (4th in the league). That leaves a pretty big fantasy pie that is likely to be MUCH lower next season. And that's before we even account for the notion that Rivers/Allen were pretty comfortable with each other.

So last year Keenan got 26% of the 3rd biggest fantasy pie in the league. What happens if he gets 21% of the 20th biggest fantasy pie next year?

Tyrod Taylor is probably the odds on favorite to be the starting QB next year right now. His career high for completions is 269 (would have been 29th in the league next year) and his career high for passing yards is 3000 (would have been 26th in the league last year).

The guy could very well go from a top 5 passing offense last year to a bottom 5 passing offense this year. Kind of like what happened to TY Hilton (though of course he was also dealing with injuries of his own).
Good points. I would add though that if Taylor does indeed get the start then this would be the most talented offence he's been on (by far?), so I'd expect career highs if he plays all 16 games.

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:04 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:28 am

Rivers is gone, KA's QB play is going to be bad for the first time in his career. Arob has had bad QB every year but one in his career and has performed. I have more faith he can overcome bad QB play
So basically you’re making an assumption that the QB play will definitely be bad.

I understand what you’re getting at, but can’t behind the level of certainty being shown here.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, Richardson, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:15 am

MattDeezy wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:04 am
So basically you’re making an assumption that the QB play will definitely be bad.

I understand what you’re getting at, but can’t behind the level of certainty being shown here.
Bad may be a poor word choice on my part. I think it will be a less KA friendly situation. He had a great rapport with Rivers and every catch of his career came from Rivers. There is value in the continuity.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:48 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:28 am

Arob had 2 good years. You also said if you can't adjust to changes, you will be left behind by comparing OBJ to KA... Really???? KA just finished 6th overall in WR this year you're acting like he fell off a cliff lol (higher than Arob too). He finished WR 2 overall 2 years ago as well. With an Elite WR, especially KA who is one of the best at getting open in the league, QB play won't terribly affect him. In fact, I could totally see a situation in which a new QB overuses KA. I find it best to not try to predict what NFL offenses will look like next year because we honestly have zero clue. KA is the better player than Arob.
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd