Have you ever been roster blind?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Have you ever been roster blind?

Postby elvisn » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:48 pm

This is for team 1 in my signature.

I'm pretty sure I've stared at my roster too much that I can't figure out any moves to make. I like every player I have and currently value them more than they are. Some of that is likely sunk cost fallacy I have.

I'd love to make another decent run this year and try go back to back, but as I said I'm blind to my roster now and have no idea what I should be looking to do with it.

Would love to get some ideas from people and bots here as to where they think I should look to improve, consolidate, dilute etc and some potential targets. I've got an awful itch for a trade too, I just can't seem to pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance as always.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex(WRT). Bench 11, IR 2.

QB: Drew Brees, Minshew, Hurts.
RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.
TE: Evan Engram, Dallas Goedert, Adam Trautman.

Picks:
2021: 1st, 3rd.
2022: 1st, 3rd.
2023: 1st ,2nd, 3rd.

Team 2
10 Team - PPR, 4pts Pass TD, 6pts Rec/Rush TD, Return scoring yards/TDs.
Start: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4Flex

QB: LJax, Goff, Minshew, Hurts, Rosen.
RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.
TE: Higbee, OJ Howard, Cook, Gesicki.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Have you ever been roster blind?

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:56 pm

Overall, I think your team is in a solid spot to make a run. Depending on where Gordon lands, he could get back to an elite option. I would look to jump on any good David Johnson deal that may come along if there are any believers in your league. Your top three wr's are very solid especially if Metcalf makes another jump. TE's are in good shape now and long term. Not sure what kind of value/player you could get, but I would put Johnson, Edelman and Cooks on the block and would not hesitate to move them all in the same package. I think all of those players were held a year too late, but there value is likely to completely tank post 2020.

Z$$$
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Z$$$ » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:02 pm

DJ, Edelman and Cooks and see what you can get
12 Team 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 5IDP
QB: Rodgers, Love
RB: Achane, Gibson, Dillon, Sanders
WR: Jefferson, Lamb, G Wilson, Rice, JSN, Burks
TE: Goedert, Likely, Musgraves
2024 Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11

16 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Stafford, Fields
RB: Gibbs, Singletary, Dallas, Juszczyk
WR: Lamb, Burks, G Wilson, JSN, Q Johnson, Hardman, Goodwin
TE: Dulcich, Albert O, Gray, Granson

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:02 pm

I think your team is solid. Obviously Brees only has a year left, so you could get some QB depth for the future. RB is solid but that depends on what happens with Gordon, guarantee Fournette doesn't get the receiving volume next year but I do think his TD's increase. Additionally, I would Thomas, Evans, and DK and potentially look to upgrade outside of those guys. Edelman is old and Cooks can't stay healthy, Shepard is ordinary, and Gordon won't even be in the league next year.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:34 pm

i dont see a lot you can do, some of these suggestions dont even make sense. as a win now team you should not be looking to sell edleman, cooks, and david johnson for pennies on the dollar, you should be hoping they can help you once more in 2020 and that cooks value rebounds.

i would be looking to cash out on goedert and fournette while their values are very high and community opinion is in fair standing.

aside from that your best trade chip is michael thomas, if you can take a slight downgrade and pick up a 2020 1st (say Adams and a 2020 1st) i would be all over that, keep your weekly upside just as high and pick up value, those are the types of moves to make.

good luck!
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby elvisn » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:35 pm

Seems to be a bit of a consensus here that DJ, Edelman and Cooks are pieces I should look to move.

Based on my roster construction am I better to keep Edelman as I'm unlikely to get decent value for him due to his age, and unlikely to buy similar production for a similar cost?

On Cooks, I acquired him and Hurd for Kareem Hunt at our trade deadline, Hunt was showing flashes but Chubb was still a big factor so thought I was getting good value from a playoff team that was needy at RB. I was planning to wait for a value bumb after a few good games and then try to move as his value is at an all time low.

DJ, same value issues, seems to be at his lowest now, if he or Drake aren't on Arizona for the start of the season his value should rocket depending on landing spot and competition. So my thoughts again were to ride it out and hope he or Drake leave Arizona let him play a few games hope he looks competent then move him.

Again this is all probably me just being blind to my roster and overly high on my players.

I think I could work a package of sorts that would get me Gurley, Harry, Matt Ryan and Fuller but it'd like be something like DJ, Cooks, Shepard, Jimmy G, 2020 2nd and 2020 3rd and maybe Hurd as well.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex(WRT). Bench 11, IR 2.

QB: Drew Brees, Minshew, Hurts.
RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.
TE: Evan Engram, Dallas Goedert, Adam Trautman.

Picks:
2021: 1st, 3rd.
2022: 1st, 3rd.
2023: 1st ,2nd, 3rd.

Team 2
10 Team - PPR, 4pts Pass TD, 6pts Rec/Rush TD, Return scoring yards/TDs.
Start: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4Flex

QB: LJax, Goff, Minshew, Hurts, Rosen.
RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.
TE: Higbee, OJ Howard, Cook, Gesicki.

jwb32
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jwb32 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:42 pm

Selling low on Cooks makes no sense to me. He’s still young so hold and hope for a bounce back.
TEAM 1: 12 team league. 1.0 PPR WR/TE 0.5 PPR RB
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE, 1DST
QBs- Lamar, Wentz
RBs- Javonte,Sanders, Michel,Howard,JJackson,JWilson
WRs- DJM,McLaurin,Higgins,DeVonta Smith,Jeudy, OBJ,Bateman,Treadwell,Crowder
TEs- Fant, Muth,Irv Smith

TEAM 2: 12 team league. 0.1 ppc 0.5 ppr. TE 1 ppr
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 3WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs-Watson, Davis, Huntley
RBs- Javonte,Akers, ETN,Gore,Dallas
WRs- McClaurin,DJM,Godwin,Diontae,MarquiseBr, Mooney,Van Jefferson,Collins,Atwell
TEs- Hock, Kmet,Trautman,AlbertO
1.04, 2.04, 4.04

TEAM 3: 12 team league. 0.5 ppr, 0.5/fd
Start 1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 2Flex, 1TE,
QBs- Lamar,Stafford
RBs- JT, Fournette, DHarris,Chuba,Collins,Gaskin,DHarris,Penny,Murray, Snell
WRs- Chase, DJM, Allen, Bateman, Julio, ElijahM, Mims, Crowder
TEs- Waller, Morneau,Njoku
2022 1st, 2nd (2), 3rd (2)

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:59 pm

You're good, just stay put. The players that everyone would want to trade on your roster like DJ, Edelman, Cooks aren't going to get you much in return, so no point in trying to move them now. Only move I might make is upgrading your QB. Brees is obviously up there in age and probably isn't going to produce QB1 numbers on a consistent basis and your backups are backups. If you can get a better QB, I think you'll be set.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:00 pm

elvisn wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:35 pm Seems to be a bit of a consensus here that DJ, Edelman and Cooks are pieces I should look to move.

Based on my roster construction am I better to keep Edelman as I'm unlikely to get decent value for him due to his age, and unlikely to buy similar production for a similar cost?

On Cooks, I acquired him and Hurd for Kareem Hunt at our trade deadline, Hunt was showing flashes but Chubb was still a big factor so thought I was getting good value from a playoff team that was needy at RB. I was planning to wait for a value bumb after a few good games and then try to move as his value is at an all time low.

DJ, same value issues, seems to be at his lowest now, if he or Drake aren't on Arizona for the start of the season his value should rocket depending on landing spot and competition. So my thoughts again were to ride it out and hope he or Drake leave Arizona let him play a few games hope he looks competent then move him.

Again this is all probably me just being blind to my roster and overly high on my players.

I think I could work a package of sorts that would get me Gurley, Harry, Matt Ryan and Fuller but it'd like be something like DJ, Cooks, Shepard, Jimmy G, 2020 2nd and 2020 3rd and maybe Hurd as well.

if thats an option i do that. seems very light to turn dj into gurley and cooks into Harry.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

DynastyDabbler
Role Player
Role Player

Postby DynastyDabbler » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:07 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:34 pm i dont see a lot you can do, some of these suggestions dont even make sense. as a win now team you should not be looking to sell edleman, cooks, and david johnson for pennies on the dollar, you should be hoping they can help you once more in 2020 and that cooks value rebounds.

i would be looking to cash out on goedert and fournette while their values are very high and community opinion is in fair standing.

aside from that your best trade chip is michael thomas, if you can take a slight downgrade and pick up a 2020 1st (say Adams and a 2020 1st) i would be all over that, keep your weekly upside just as high and pick up value, those are the types of moves to make.

good luck!
This is something to think about. Bree's is very close to retirement. This could be his last year. I feel confident saying Michael Thomas' value is certainly not going to go up once Bree's is gone. You could get TOP dollar right now.That being said, if you're trying to make another run at it you can't get rid of him.

If that was my roster I would see what I could get for MG. Float him out there and see if somebody will pay up for him. I wouldn't discount him any. Go for a young let back with upside. I'd sell for Singletary + 1st :think: hopefully Guice has a healthy season. You'll be looking good then.

How do you feel about Ian Thomas? If you're not confident in him then someone in your league is. I'm not a believer so I would look to profit off him.
10 team half-ppr 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2FLX 3IDP
QB: J. Burrow, J. Goff
RB: J. Mixon, K. Walker, T. Etienne, A. Ekeler, Z. Charbonet, K. Miller, T. Bigsby, J. Warren,
WR: J. Chase, D.J. Moore, D.K. Metcalf, D. Smith, J. Smith-Njigba, P. Nacua, J. Meyers, T. Palmer,
TE: T. Kelce, T. McBride, C. Okonkwo