Upside RBs to Buy in On?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Upside RBs to Buy in On?

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:19 pm

8 Team 0.5 PPR Start 1 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 D, 1 K
32 Man Rosters

My Current Team is the Defending Champion, but thanks to some offseason trades elsewhere, next year's repeat chances look dim thanks to a gaping hole at the RB position

QB: Dak, Darnold, Daniel Jones, Drew Lock
RB: Zeke, Tevin Coleman, Tarik Cohen, Mattison, Chase Edmonds, Justice Hill, Damien Harris
WR: Michael Thomas, Kupp, Odell, AJ Brown, Courtland Sutton, Gallup, Christian Kirk, Brandin Cooks, Diontae Johnson, Anthony Miller, Parris Campbell, Hakeem Butler, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Kittle, Hockenson, Goedert, Gesicki
D: 49ers, Steelers
K: Gould

Hold picks 1.06, 1.08, 2.08, 3.08

I know it's a vague question but does anyone see possible trade pieces to offer or have an idea on the types of RBs to target?
I have thought about sending offers for Kareem Hunt, Joe Mixon, Derrius Guice and Kenyan Drake, but am not sure what kind of assets would be needed there. After ETN's return to school, I'm unsure I can get a day 1 starting RB at 1.6 and especially at 1.8--let alone later.
Thanks in advance for any help.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Upside RBs to Buy in On?

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:07 pm

How much would you guys be ok adding to Odell to get Joe Mixon?
Would Cooks+Odell+Dak+Steelers D for Wentz and Mixon be fair?

What level of my WR group (or picks--preferably not 1sts but open to it) would be needed for a Guice/Hunt type guy?

fantasyhermit
Starter
Starter

Postby fantasyhermit » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:23 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:07 pm How much would you guys be ok adding to Odell to get Joe Mixon?

What level of my WR group (or picks--preferably not 1sts but open to it) would be needed for a Guice/Hunt type guy?
I wouldn't be adding very much to Beckham to get Mixon, if I added anything at all. Beckham had a down year, but so did Mixon. That offer you listed would be way too much in my opinion. Dak and Wentz are a wash, so it would be Cooks/Beckham/Steelers D for Mixon.

As for upside backs that may be cheap: Monty, Carson, and Mack are three that come to mind. If you believe Mostert can keep it up, maybe him?

What spot in the draft does the Guice/Hunt/Drake owner have? Considering the crop of receivers you have, you may be well off trading Kupp or Beckham and that 1st to grab another rb and upgrade your spot in the draft. (ex. Kupp/1.06 vs. Drake/1.02, or something similar)
Team 1:
12 team SF PPR/2PPR TE Prem, .2 ppc
Q-SF-R-W-F-F-F-F-T-T
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Fitz, Flacco, Lock
RB: Jacobs, CEH, DJ, Dillon, Michel, Royce, Lewis, Bruce Anderson, Gus, Warren
WR: MT, Amari, Kupp, Pittman, Miller, Agholor, John Brown, Enunwa, Foster, Wilson, Preston Williams, AB
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Davis, Dissly, Knox, T.Moss

Team 2:
Q-SF-R-R-W-W-F-F-T-T-D-K-IDP-IDP PPR
QB: Mahomes, TLaw, Darnold, Bridgewater
RB: Zeke, Swift, Singletary, Dillon, Mack, Penny, LMurray
WR: MT, DJ Moore, Sutton, Slayton, Tyler Boyd, Mims, Edwards, Van Jefferson, Miller
TE: Gesicki, Hooper, Knox
Def: Chi
K: Elliot
IDP: Bosa, LVE, Flowers

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:30 pm

I would put out feelers on: Kerryon Johnson, Guice (could be a cheaper option), Lindsey and maybe see what other backs the Dalvin Cook owner has and see if there is an option to send him Mattison for the handcuff while getting you a better week to week RB option.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:37 pm

fantasyhermit wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:23 pm
StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:07 pm How much would you guys be ok adding to Odell to get Joe Mixon?

I wouldn't be adding very much to Beckham to get Mixon, if I added anything at all. Beckham had a down year, but so did Mixon. That offer you listed would be way too much in my opinion. Dak and Wentz are a wash, so it would be Cooks/Beckham/Steelers D for Mixon.

As for upside backs that may be cheap: Monty, Carson, and Mack are three that come to mind. If you believe Mostert can keep it up, maybe him?

What spot in the draft does the Guice/Hunt/Drake owner have? Considering the crop of receivers you have, you may be well off trading Kupp or Beckham and that 1st to grab another rb and upgrade your spot in the draft. (ex. Kupp/1.06 vs. Drake/1.02, or something similar)
Drake owner has 1.04, while the guy who has Hunt and Guice (and Mostert) has no first this year. I like the idea of Monty as average as he looked this year if he can get a new QB. His owner has the 1.01. I had Carson in a redraft league and it was a bit of a headache with the fumbling issues, though he did generally produce when playing. Mack is going to be very hard to acquire

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:47 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:30 pm I would put out feelers on: Kerryon Johnson, Guice (could be a cheaper option), Lindsey and maybe see what other backs the Dalvin Cook owner has and see if there is an option to send him Mattison for the handcuff while getting you a better week to week RB option.
Thoughts on Tevin Coleman (to the Mostert owner), 49ers D, Tarik Cohen, Dallas Goedert (like him but with Kittle and Hock I probably won’t use him much), and my 2nd rounder for Guice+Kerryon?

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:38 pm

fantasyhermit wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:23 pm

And yes I figured that was an overpay but think Mixon could take the leap to the top RB tier with Burrow coming to town

AresGodOWar2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby AresGodOWar2 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:50 pm

Your loaded at WR and have some nice picks , I would take a chance on MG Gurley Bell type of players if I could get them cheap.
Teams 1-4 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=25873

(5) 12 Team
QB-P.Mahomes, D.Carr,
RB-A.Ekeler, J.Mixon, L.Fournette, C.Edwards-Helaire, S.Perine, J.Kelley
WR-T.Hill, DK.Metcalf, C.Godwin, M.Thomas
TE-G.Kittle, D.Schultz, J.Ferguson

(6) 12 Team SF, .2 PPCarry, WR 1.25 PPR, TE 1.75 PPR
QB-J.Goff, D.Jones, J.Garopoplo, T.Taylor
RB-J.Mixon, T.Pollard, J.Jacobs, A.Kamara, E.Elliott, G.Edwards, Z.White
WR-D.Adams, A.Cooper, J.Palmer, B.Cooks, A.Lazard
TE-D.Waller, J.Smith, L.Thomas

(7) 12 Team SF, .15 PPCompletion, WR 1.25 PPR, .2 PPCarry, TE 2 PPR
QB-J.Herbert, D.Prescott, T.Taylor
RB-A.Ekeler, T.Pollard, A.Mattison, C.Akers, J.Kelley, R.Penny, C.Edwards-Helaire, Z.White
WR-D.Adams, C.Lamb, M.Brown, D.Johnson, O.Beckham Jr, J.Tolbert
TE-D.Schultz, J.Johnson, L.Thomas

(8) 12 Team, .5 PPR
QB-D.Prescott, J.Goff
RB-A.Ekeler, C.Akers, M.Sanders, I.Spiller, S.Perine
WR-C.Kupp, C.Lamb, C.Olave, D.Johnson, J.Palmer, D.Mooney
TE-D.Waller, T.Higbee, J.Johnson

Teams 9-12 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=26151
Teams 13-16 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=42194
Team 17 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=31326

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:23 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:47 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:30 pm I would put out feelers on: Kerryon Johnson, Guice (could be a cheaper option), Lindsey and maybe see what other backs the Dalvin Cook owner has and see if there is an option to send him Mattison for the handcuff while getting you a better week to week RB option.
Thoughts on Tevin Coleman (to the Mostert owner), 49ers D, Tarik Cohen, Dallas Goedert (like him but with Kittle and Hock I probably won’t use him much), and my 2nd rounder for Guice+Kerryon?
Actually seems reasonable and I think you improve...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:28 pm

I'd be targeting Drake, huge upside.
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:53 am

I'd be trying to grab guys like Lindsay, penny, drake (like some said), maybe even ekeler if he's cheap enough. I wouldn't be targeting bell, or Gurley for the same reasons that i would be targeting guys i mentioned: and that's because bell and Gurley have probably pissed their primes and guys like Lindsay or drake are undervalued guys who have yet to hit their primes. Buying one of those guys now likely won't cost you a whiole lot but could pay dividends if they end up starting the season strong, which is likely. And again, since they wont cost as much as bell or Gurley, if things don't pan out it won't set toy back very much.
12Team .5ppr/1PPR TEs 1Q/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FL/SF
QB- Hurts, Howell, O'Connell, Lance, Trubisky, Mariota
RB- Bijan, Breece, Javonte, Warren, Spears, Dillon, Herbert
WR- Puka, St.B, Olave, DSmith, Pickens, Addison, Wicks, EMoore, Mooney, Claypool, Gallup, Kirk, Bateman, JMeyers, Gage
TE- LaPorta, Pitts, Everett

12Tm .5PPR SF (1pprTE) 22/23 Champs
Start12
QB-Burrow, Hurts, Stroud, Howell
RB-Walker, Kamara, Warren, KMitchell, Pierce, Dillon, CEH
WR-Jefferson, AJB, Pittman, DSmith, Cooper, JMeyers, Dotson, Shaheed, Palmer, Dortch
TE-Friermuth, Thomas

12T 6PPTD SF PPR (1.5TE) *start12
Q- Hurts, Dak, TLaw, Huntley
R- Walker, Ekeler, AJones, KMitchell, Allgeier, Herbert
W- Puka, St.B, GWilson, Jeudy, Diontae, MikeWill, Douglas, Dotson, Mims, Thielan, Woods
T- LaPorta, Engram, Everett, Bellinger
*2.1, 2.2, 2.5, 4.1