Newish to superflex. Seek advice

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Newish to superflex. Seek advice

Postby grandmabetty » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:53 am

Just wrapped up my first year of superflex. It's a 12 team league. I'm getting asked a lot to trade my QBs. My QBs are marginal IMO but they are starters. I think that's why people are targeting them cause they think they are cheap. I have

Cousins
Stafford
Darnold
Tannehill

So far I've been asking for a 1st back for any of them and I'm getting scoffed at. Am I way off in my evaluation? A 2nd in a 12 team just isn't worth a ton and with it being superflex QB is king and having QB depth is important I imagine. Just want to make sure I'm evaluating things on par with consensus.

CurtisMyFavMartin
Starter
Starter

Re: Newish to superflex. Seek advice

Postby CurtisMyFavMartin » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:14 am

Darnold is your most valuable out of the 4 and is ABSOLUTELY worth a 1st, and a reasonably early one at that. Stafford is worth a mid to late, as well as Cousins IMO as well. Tannehill is the lowest value but I think he's a hold, because if he repeats what he did last year in TEN he could get a long term deal and his value with skyrocket. Hope that helps.
Controlled Chaos 12 Team PPR SFLEX~EST. 2015
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX 1SFLEX

2018+2019 CHAMPION
QB Murray/Stafford
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Zeke
WR DJ Moore, Pittman, JSN, Flowers, Addison, Downs, Lazard
TE Hockenson, Schultz, Knox, Irv Smith

4 2024 1sts
3 2024 2nds
2 2025 1sts

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:43 am

Cousins, Darnold and Stafford are all worth a 1st round pick/s easily. Tannehill is the biggest question mark and not sure anyone would pay a 1st for him at this point.

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:55 am

Yeah you can't sell any of those QBs for less than a 1st, depending on your team situation I might not sell any of them. They're all underrated except Darnold imo and that's why people are trying to buy them. Tannehill is a strong hold. A lot of people are skeptical of Tannehill but he was one of the highest graded QBs this year, right up there with Brees. The NFL isn't like fantasy football where a team can easily just go pluck a startable QB out of thin air. QBs who have years like Tannehill did tend to get paid. So yeah if you can get an overpay for Darnold I might consider but but the rest probably aren't worth moving.
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

grandmabetty
Captain
Captain

Postby grandmabetty » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:09 am

So to build off of this I need WR badly. A guy who has shown interest in cousins and Stafford has a lot of good WRS.

Ridley
Evan's
Woods
Moore
Allen Robinson

How does QB value stack up with players of this caliper? Would a stafford for Robinson be considered fair in a SF? I did offer him 1.08 for moore and was immediately rejected. Didnt expect to get accepted but didnt think it was too far off the mark either. The guys I'm playing with are longtime dynasty guys but we are all new to SF so I feel like we are all trying to trade with 1QB goggles on

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:29 am

You have absolutely no reason to give up a QB unless they pay reasonable value. There are only a max of 32 starting QBs any given week, some of whom we don’t even want on our teams. That said, even Tannehill is worth a 1st in that format or he stays on your bench. Also, since starting lineups aren’t a priority right now, you’re more likely to get more in Aug when someone realizes they’re short at the position.
And Stafford for a WR like Robinson isn’t out of bounds, but more likely to happen closer to the start of the regular season.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

Tripwired
Captain
Captain

Postby Tripwired » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:35 am

I agree. They all have a rookie 1st value in SF. Don't sell cheap. If you have to, just wait until the season and move then for 2021 1sts, or you could try for some of those WRs you listed. Aim high and see what happens, but don't settle for the lowball offers. If that's all you can get then just hold. They'll be back at some point.
10 team Dynasty league with 6pts for all TDs. 
QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex (WRT), TE, K, & DST
League established: 2010
League champ: 2013, 2014, 2015(runner-up), 2016, 2017(runner-up), 2018, 2021
QB- Burrow, Lawrence, Lance
RB- Kamara, Swift, Javonte, Saquon, JK, Akers, E. Mitchell, Penny
WR- Jefferson, Chase, DK, Tee, Diontae, Pittman, Bateman, Rondale
TE- Pitts, Knox, Freiermuth
DST - Chi

10 team PPR Dynasty with 6pts for all TDs. 
QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex (WRT), TE, K, & DST
League established: 2019
QB- Wilson, Lawrence, Lance
RB- Taylor, Swift, CEH, E. Mitchell, Sermon, AJ Dillon, Stevenson, Penny, Patterson
WR- Jefferson, Chase, DJM, Diontae, OBJ, Palmer, Marshall, Rondale
TE- Hockenson, Irv Smith, Kmet, Trautman
Dst - TB, Mia

CurtisMyFavMartin
Starter
Starter

Postby CurtisMyFavMartin » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:53 pm

grandmabetty wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:09 am So to build off of this I need WR badly. A guy who has shown interest in cousins and Stafford has a lot of good WRS.

Ridley
Evan's
Woods
Moore
Allen Robinson

How does QB value stack up with players of this caliper? Would a stafford for Robinson be considered fair in a SF? I did offer him 1.08 for moore and was immediately rejected. Didnt expect to get accepted but didnt think it was too far off the mark either. The guys I'm playing with are longtime dynasty guys but we are all new to SF so I feel like we are all trying to trade with 1QB goggles on

The offer you made of the 1.08 for DJM was right to get rejected without a counter- Moore >1.02 IMO He's a stud in the making. That said I'd offer Darnold+ for him, or maybe Cousins/Tannehill as well. I think Stafford>AROB but I'm not a big AROB fan and the fact that Chicago is sticking with Trubisky would scare me.
I think you should be able to swap Stafford for Ridley- that would be a nice deal.
Controlled Chaos 12 Team PPR SFLEX~EST. 2015
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX 1SFLEX

2018+2019 CHAMPION
QB Murray/Stafford
RB Bijan, Gibbs, Zeke
WR DJ Moore, Pittman, JSN, Flowers, Addison, Downs, Lazard
TE Hockenson, Schultz, Knox, Irv Smith

4 2024 1sts
3 2024 2nds
2 2025 1sts

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:18 am

grandmabetty wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:53 am Just wrapped up my first year of superflex. It's a 12 team league. I'm getting asked a lot to trade my QBs. My QBs are marginal IMO but they are starters. I think that's why people are targeting them cause they think they are cheap. I have

Cousins
Stafford
Darnold
Tannehill

So far I've been asking for a 1st back for any of them and I'm getting scoffed at. Am I way off in my evaluation?
If this is the first offseason for this league, and many owners haven't played superflex before, it might take another year or two for owners to get on board with QB values in superflex. I'd suggest you send them the link to some of your threads on this forum and show them just how valuable QBs are in a superflex format.

Cousins = early 1st
Stafford = early 1st
Darnold = mid 1st
Tannehill = late 1st

grandmabetty wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:09 am So to build off of this I need WR badly. A guy who has shown interest in cousins and Stafford has a lot of good WRS.

Ridley
Evan's
Woods
Moore
Allen Robinson

How does QB value stack up with players of this caliper? Would a stafford for Robinson be considered fair in a SF? I did offer him 1.08 for Moore and was immediately rejected.
Moore is very overvalued right now IMO, and though I'd say Stafford for Moore straight up is fair, I highly doubt that would get accepted. Stafford for Robinson is pretty fair as well, but I'd try to get Robinson + late 2nd for some extra value.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd