Update to mendy for Andre Johnson Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Broncopain
Captain
Captain

Update to mendy for Andre Johnson Trade

Postby Broncopain » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:38 pm

So i have mendy and have been offered Andre Johnson straight up. Now i am having issues trading a 24 year old running back for a 30 year old wr but hell it could really help. My other rbs include AP, Moreno, Benson, Ryan Mathews, Felix Jones, Tolbert. So i have some young talent there.

At wr I have D.Alexander, Cobb, Harvin, Vjax, Hankerson, Randy Moss, T.Owens, Malcolm Floyd, D.Thomas(den), Msw, Torrey Smith and Titus Young. So having some established vet would be nice.

It is a ppr league.

*UPDATE i now have the chance to trade mendy to a seperate team for maclin. What else should i ask for? He has a full 8 picks next year to pull from but not alot of running back depth to pull from. He does have Ryan torain, Reggie bush, ryan grant and pierre thomas to try to squeeze into the dea

Which trade should i make?

Misfit74
Legend
Legend

Re: Update to mendy for Andre Johnson Trade

Postby Misfit74 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Well..I'd want significantly more than just Maclin for Mendenhall. I'm not sure if Mendenhall/1st round pick would be enough for me - it might be for some. Mendenhall for Maclin/Grant/1st or Mendenhall for Maclin/R.Bush/1st might be enough. If you could give Moreno and a pick or Felix and a pick or picks it would be better. I'd try and move a different RB before Mendenhall who is your 2nd-best RB and a clear starter for you.
#GoHawks / @am_misfit / Fractal Audio / Matrix Amplification / Axe FX II XL+ / ESP, Schecter Guitars

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:24 pm

I would look over the rosters of his picks and target the pick of the team that you think is the worst. Yes, I know anything can happen, but with that many picks, you should be able to have a good idea of which of the teams is most likely to end up in the bottom 4.

You should be able to get maclin plus that pick, plus a throw in of some kind for mendy.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:44 pm

2 questions... 1) why do you have to have a rb back in a deal for maclin? your wrs are pretty weak maybe 2 of those instead.... and 2) why didnt you accept the Andre Johnson deal? I know you think theres a huge difference between a 24 yr old rb and a 30 yr old wr... there really isnt. mendy will probably see a down turn around 28 with all the carries he gets. AJ should be productive well into his mid 30's. AJ is a stud and you should take that deal if its still there.

repkllrs
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby repkllrs » Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:31 pm

I still like the AJ deal.
"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" Abe Lincoln