Request to Reverse Trade

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Spongehack
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Request to Reverse Trade

Postby Spongehack » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:52 pm

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:20 am Are you friends IRL? If so, I'd consider reversing. If this is an internet league, tough luck. It's on him to know what the picks are.
I agree with this. Unless you are friends IRL, it sounds a lot like buyer's/seller's remorse.
12 Team (2014 Champ, 2016 2nd, 2021 Champ) 1.0 PPR, 1.5 TE, Superflex, Start 9, 1-2 QB, 2-4 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-3 TE

QB - J. Hurts, M. Stafford, K. Cousins
RB - S. Barkley, D. Cook, E. Elliot, T. Pollard, A. Mattison
WR - D. Adams, DK Metcalf, A. Cooper, C. Ridley, R. Anderson, C. Davis, J. Jones
TE - M. Andrews, G. Kittle, M. Cox

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:12 pm

I can see both sides of the argument. Need to use better care when sending offers, and know exactly what you are proposing. On the other hand it does seem like this was an honest mistake. Personally I enjoy trading, and want those trading with me to enjoy and stop back by again. So I would likely reverse the deal in good faith. With the contingency I get the naming rights to his team until the regular season starts. You got to pay the price somewhere.

Silver Fox 74
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Silver Fox 74 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:48 pm

I've "paid the price" plenty for when others have made the honest mistake and asked for a reversal, which I've granted. As I stated in our league chat, to me that's not taking the high road, that's taking the only road.

The creator of this thread has now stated in our league chat that he is going to reverse the trade. I told him that if, for some reason, he was thinking he needs to keep Kupp or else he's leaving the league (he never voiced that, it's just a hypothetical), then I would rather have him stay in the league than have Kupp on my roster. I wasn't trying to blow anybody's doors down with my request of reversal. I have a lot of respect for him and his decision to reverse the trade. I also took the advice from the one on this thread who said throw in a 3rd for shipping and handling. I don't have 3rds, but 2 4ths are now on the reversal table because of that suggestion.

My gosh this thread really showed me how passionate people here are about fantasy football. We are all either reeeaally smart, or reeeaally stupid. For me, I already know what side my wife chooses, so that's already been answered.

Flatlander19
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Flatlander19 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:07 pm

Sounds like buyers remorse but regardless it's not your fault he couldn't figure out what picks he was trading for. No way I would reverse a trade
Team 1
12 team PPR 1QB, 2RB,3WR,1TE, flex
QB Lawrence, Garoppollo
RB Barkley, Jacobs, Mack, Ingram,T Coleman, Gallman,E Benjamin
WR Jefferson, Mclaurin, Godwin, E Moore, Reagor, Campbell, Hardman
TE Kittle, Tonyan
Team 2
10 team Half PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 3WR, 2 Flex, 1 TE
QB J Allen, Tua, Mayfield
RB JT, Zeke, CEH, Sanders, Javontae Williams, Drake, Penny
WR AJ Brown, Chase, DJ Moore, Ridley, Mclaurin, Amon Ra St Brown, M Williams, Davis, Campbell
TE Hockenson, Engram
Team 3
10 team Non PPR 1QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1 K, 1Def
QB Wilson, Lance, Z Wilson, Cousins
RB Jones, Akers, Sanders, Coleman, Pollard
WR M Thomas, AJ Brown, Golladay, DJ Moore, OBJ, Jeudy, Mims, Davis
TE Kittle, Gesicki,
K Koo, Sanders
DEF Colts

davieglove34
Role Player
Role Player

Postby davieglove34 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:15 pm

No chance! He sent the trade to you, not the other way around. This one reeks of either buyer's remorse, or complete lack of attention to detail. Either way, this one's on him
2023 Champion
10-Team, .5-PPR, 1-QB

QB: Josh Allen / Geno Smith

RB: Austin Ekeler / Saquon Barkley / Joe Mixon / Kareem Hunt / Leonard Fournette / D’Onta Foreman

WR: Tyreek Hill / Justin Jefferson / Amari Cooper / Mike Evans / Jaxon Smith-Njigba / Odell Beckham Jr. / Demarcus Robinson / Darius Slayton

TE: George Kittle / Taysom Hill / Noah Fant

D/ST: 49ers

K: Tyler Bass

IR: Kendrick Bourne

Taxi: Zamir White / Cedric Tillman / Sean Tucker

Draft Picks:
2024:
2025:
2026: 1st / 3rd / 3rd

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:15 am

Silver Fox 74 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:48 pm My gosh this thread really showed me how passionate people here are about fantasy football. We are all either reeeaally smart, or reeeaally stupid. For me, I already know what side my wife chooses, so that's already been answered.
That is one of my favorite sayings. :) :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:05 am

davieglove34 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:15 pm No chance! He sent the trade to you, not the other way around. This one reeks of either buyer's remorse, or complete lack of attention to detail. Either way, this one's on him
bit like lack of attention to a thread you're trying to contribute to Image

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:13 pm

I think if I'd made this mistake I wouldn't have even asked for the reversal.

#1 - It's not fair to the other owner to put him in that position. He made a trade for Kupp and now he's going to feel like a jerk if he keeps him, that's not right or fair. #2 - I'd be too embarrassed to ask. It's your responsibility to know what you're sending and receiving in the deal. I'd vomit and move on with double the commitment to make good moves going forward.

pmart33
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pmart33 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:22 pm

Even easier to tell the guy to pound sand if this was over a week ago? Maybe if he realized what your pick was a few minutes after the deal went down that'd be different, but over a week? No thanks. That's his problem not yours.
For Podcasts, Blogs and more please visit:
https://www.sundaysurefire.com/

Team 1
12 Team .5 PPR
Starters 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Hurts Love Cousins
RB CMC Stevenson Ekeler Mostert Spiller
WR Hill Puka Aiyuk Diggs
TE Kelce

Team 2
12 Team PPR SF TE Prem
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 3Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Kyler A-Rich
RB Dobbins Hull
WR Flowers London C. Watson Mingo
TE McBride Musgrave Mayer Fant

1.01 1.03
4 2025 1sts
5 2026 1sts

Team 3
12 Team PPR SF
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Burrow Purdy Howell
RB Taylor Hall Kyren Ekeler Pollard Z. White Dowdle
WR Lamb Puka Deebo Dionte M. Williams Zay Jones
TE Njoku Fant Hill

Team 4
12 Team .5 PPR SF TE Prem 1 PPR
Starters 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 2Flex-WR/RB/TE

QB Purdy Cousins Watson Levis Fields
RB Bijan Gibbs Barkley Walker Kyren
WR Lamb Hill Kupp Dell Diontae E. Moore Mims Pierce
TE Hockenson Goedert

3 2025 1sts
4 2026 1sts

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:08 pm

pmart33 wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:22 pm Even easier to tell the guy to pound sand if this was over a week ago? Maybe if he realized what your pick was a few minutes after the deal went down that'd be different, but over a week? No thanks. That's his problem not yours.
Yeah, this. We are all grown ups here and we play this game on a format where mistakes/keystroke errors are made. I even have a morality section in my bylaws. If someone screws up and addresses is within a reasonable amount of time, of course it is up to you but really no harm no foul. But after a week? Think I'd stick with the trade if it were me.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

elvisn
Role Player
Role Player

Postby elvisn » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:05 pm

I'd offer to undo the trade out of goodwill, but only for a sweetner on top. Like ask him for his 2nd round too. So you get 1.11, 2.11 and whatever his 2nd is. You come out as a good guy, he looks like an idiot twice, and you get a free 2nd for nothing. I'd probably try a 2021 1st, just because this has only been requested to be reversed since some top prospects are returning to school I'd say. Try make him pay for his mistake.
Team 1
2019 Champions
12 Team - 0.5 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex(WRT). Bench 11, IR 2.

QB: Drew Brees, Minshew, Hurts.
RB: Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Derrius Guice, Ronald Jones, AJ Dillon, Justin Jackson, Bryce Love, Latavius Murray.
WR: Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, Julian Edelman, Breshad Perriman, Bryan Edwards.
TE: Evan Engram, Dallas Goedert, Adam Trautman.

Picks:
2021: 1st, 3rd.
2022: 1st, 3rd.
2023: 1st ,2nd, 3rd.

Team 2
10 Team - PPR, 4pts Pass TD, 6pts Rec/Rush TD, Return scoring yards/TDs.
Start: 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4Flex

QB: LJax, Goff, Minshew, Hurts, Rosen.
RB: Chubb, Cook, Dobbins, Hunt, Michel, DFreeman, J Jackson, Boone, J Hill, Love, Scott.
WR: DK, JuJu, Diontae J, Cooks, Crowder, Campbell, Edwards, A Miller, Sims, AB, Laviska, S Miller.
TE: Higbee, OJ Howard, Cook, Gesicki.

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:54 pm

This thread about 2 Guys & a Kupp is making me want to vomit :sick: after all the regurgitation of opinions. Take the shat and get off the pot

But seriously I like the peace offering of the 4th rd picks for the inconvenience. Classy move ... Now the OP can refuse to accept them and we all feel better about ourselves

mgregoirec
Captain
Captain

Postby mgregoirec » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:51 am

Before accepting a trade, you should always double check. Also, a dynasty is supposed to "recreate what owning a real NFL team is like". Imagine an owner, at a press conference, saying sorry fanbase, I thought they were higher picks.

A couple years back, a guy "accidently" dropped Kwon Alexander in my league. It's a friend's league but even though we're all friends, the guy who picked him off waivers asked for a 2nd pick in return for Kwon. I'd do the same. If I do a bad deal (see me giving Michael Thomas for a 3rd round pick here), I live with it.
2022 Back to back champion
2021 Champion
Briseur de cennes - 14-team half-PPR w/ IDP - 4 keepers, Est. 2017
7-1

QB : Jordan Love
RB : D'Andre Swift, Josh Jacobs, Gus Edwards, Ezekiel Elliott, Antonio Gibson
WR : Justin Jefferson, Ja’marr Chase, AJ Brown, Quentin Johnston, Jahan Dotson
TE : Mark Andrews
DL : Sam Hubbard
LB : Foye Oluokun, Micah Parsons
DB : Julian Love

DYNASTY BALLA$
Starter
Starter

Postby DYNASTY BALLA$ » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:30 pm

The other guy needs to grow a pair and man up. Fact is he made a mistake and it's a huge learning experience for him.

I also noticed you said you made a trade a couple of weeks ago. Did he wait longer than a day to ask for the reversal? I get how something like this could happen, just before the 2020 league pages are up the picks still say "USER 1 2020 1st round draft pick" instead of "2020 1.05 draft pick", etc.

However, perhaps the other owner needs to be reminded THIS IS A GAME THAT WE PLAY FOR MONEY. Good luck telling the guy at the poker table across from you that you discarded the wrong card and want it back. So for me this is an easy one. You should keep Kupp and he just better made a good choices at 1.11 / 2.11
FFPC $2500 #6 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5
QB: Josh Allen
RB: CMC, Zeke, Spears, Mattison, Justice Hill
WR: Kupp, Tyreek, Diggs, DSmith, MWilliams
TE: Andrews, Ferguson

FFPC $2500 #5 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5 (2021 Champ)
QB: Josh Allen
RB: CMC, Jacobs, Ekeler, Monty, Achane,
WR: Kupp, Pittman, Amari, Ridley, Lockett
TE: Andrews, Ferguson

FFPC $750 #46 ~ 12 team PPR/QB/TE1.5
QB: Mahomes
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, Saquon, Kyren, Javonte
WR: Tyreek, Kupp, Waddle, Wan'Dale
TE: Hock, LaPorta

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:52 am

I’m of the opinion that a second should be given for any reversal. Two 4ths is peanuts and frankly isn’t worth squat in the realm of learning from a mistake. Owners need to know what they are sending. I monitor my pick placement and don’t rely on someone to tell me. Weeks passing is a lot of real world change. I can appreciate an honest mistake, but in a big boy world with money, that’s on the sender to learn from. Weeks and not minutes is a huge variable and you can change your team with other moves in that time period based on the outcome of a deal.

I don’t even think after that amount of time it should have been asked. There is reasonable, and then there is just pushing the envelope to make another leaguemate feel in the wrong when they shouldn’t. Offering 4ths for your mistake and unnecessary pressure on a leaguemate after weeks pass is embarrassing. Meanwhile he wants us to believe he’s a genuine guy...as if week later reversals are a common occurrence in his leagues. If that’s actually the case then there is some unusual common theme. In 4 leagues for a lot of total years, and long after processes reversals is not a common occurrence (I.e. they don’t happen. Within minutes on mid-click, sure...but weeks? No.), nor should they carry over to behavior in another/different league. Opening bandoras box with a reversal.