UPDATES Where do I go with this?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
RedBengal
Role Player
Role Player

UPDATES Where do I go with this?

Postby RedBengal » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:17 pm

He made me two offers overnight.

1.4, 1.7, 3.4 and 3.10 for 1.1 and 4.1

Or

1.4, 1.10 and 2.4 for 1.1

I’m leaning towards the 2nd one so I still get two top-7 players. Thoughts?

I just opened trade talks with the 1.1 holder in our super flex league. I really want Burrow, and after Dak, every QB I have could be a back up next year.

He sent me an offer of AJ Brown, 1.4, 2.4 and 2.5 for his 1.1. Obviously, I'm not doing that. He said he was looking for an overpay or he'd use the pick. Totally understandable, but that's too much for me.

He then said two 1sts and a 2nd might work depending on where the picks are. I have the 1.4, 1.7 and 1.10 to go with my 2.4 and 2.5. I also have two '21 firsts and three '21 seconds, obviously the value on those get dinged being a year away.

I'm trying to decide if the 1.4, 1.7 and 2.5 are too much to pay.

I also badly need RBs, but I feel like I can find RBs. It's really hard to find QBs. I don't even think Tua will get to me at 1.4. Herbert isn't doing much for me right now.
Last edited by RedBengal on Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just watch it :lol: :lol: :lol: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZSvCwvMVII[/youtube]

12 team, Superflex, PPR, TE premium (1.5)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, SFlex, Flex

QB Burrow, Dak, Carr, Jimmy G, Winston, Dalton, Zappe, Rush, O'Connell, Heinicke

RB Bijan, Etienne, Pacheco, Rhamondre, K. Herbert, Jamaal Williams, Dillon, Jeff Wilson, Gus Edwards, Chase Edmonds, Chuba, K. Ingram, Pierre Strong, Kevin Harris, Haskins, Brittain Brown, Chase Brown

WR Chase, AJ Brown, Kupp, Keenan, Sutton, Cooks, Boyd, Michael Wilson, Iosivas, Tre Tucker,

TE Kelce, Pitts, Dulcich, McBride, Cole Turner, Strange, Mallory, E Higgins

Draft picks:
'24- 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6
'25- 1, 1, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Where do I go with this?

Postby Gator Sens » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:23 pm

The 1.04 + 1.10+ 2.04 is where I would start if you think it's worth moving up. You could hopefully grab a back with the 1.07 at that point. If QB is your biggest need, its probably worth the price if Tua is unlikely to fall.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Where do I go with this?

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:17 am

RedBengal wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:17 pm I just opened trade talks with the 1.1 holder in our super flex league. I really want Burrow, and after Dak, every QB I have could be a back up next year.

He sent me an offer of AJ Brown, 1.4, 2.4 and 2.5 for his 1.1. Obviously, I'm not doing that. He said he was looking for an overpay or he'd use the pick. Totally understandable, but that's too much for me.

He then said two 1sts and a 2nd might work depending on where the picks are. I have the 1.4, 1.7 and 1.10 to go with my 2.4 and 2.5. I also have two '21 firsts and three '21 seconds, obviously the value on those get dinged being a year away.

I'm trying to decide if the 1.4, 1.7 and 2.5 are too much to pay.

I also badly need RBs, but I feel like I can find RBs. It's really hard to find QBs. I don't even think Tua will get to me at 1.4. Herbert isn't doing much for me right now.
Which is it?

Your decision will come down to whether you will feel a hole in your gut if you pass up on getting the player you want. Do you REALLY want Burrow or do you only want Burrow if you can get him at a reasonable price?

If you do go the 1.4, 1.7 & 2.5 route it never hurts to ask for 3rd & 4ths back so you have more dart throws to replace the ones you gave up.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

RedBengal
Role Player
Role Player

Re: UPDATES Where do I go with this?

Postby RedBengal » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:46 am

Updated post. Bump.
Just watch it :lol: :lol: :lol: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZSvCwvMVII[/youtube]

12 team, Superflex, PPR, TE premium (1.5)
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, SFlex, Flex

QB Burrow, Dak, Carr, Jimmy G, Winston, Dalton, Zappe, Rush, O'Connell, Heinicke

RB Bijan, Etienne, Pacheco, Rhamondre, K. Herbert, Jamaal Williams, Dillon, Jeff Wilson, Gus Edwards, Chase Edmonds, Chuba, K. Ingram, Pierre Strong, Kevin Harris, Haskins, Brittain Brown, Chase Brown

WR Chase, AJ Brown, Kupp, Keenan, Sutton, Cooks, Boyd, Michael Wilson, Iosivas, Tre Tucker,

TE Kelce, Pitts, Dulcich, McBride, Cole Turner, Strange, Mallory, E Higgins

Draft picks:
'24- 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6
'25- 1, 1, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:08 am

Due to SF, you will get a top RB at 1.04 if you keep it. With Dak, Winston, and Tannehill (who should be resigned), you have to decide if your need at QB is greater than your need at RB to determine whether or not to give up that kind of capital for Burrow. If he does what everyone thinks he will do, this is the cheapest he’ll come. Otherwise, you have a shot at a second RB in Akers or CEH to go with the top RB you get when a QB or two goes top 3.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:12 am

Too much to pay imo; 3 of the top 16 players is the way I’d go. But it’s up to you how much you’re willing to give up. If you’re all in on Burrow then there really isn’t a price too high
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (TS), Levis (TS), Bagent, Hall, Rudolph, Fromm
RB: Roschon (TS), Allgeier, Hill, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell, K. Harris, E. Wilson
WR: Addison, London, Jmo, Shaheed, Reed (TS), Pop D, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Austin, Gipson, Melton,
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (TS), Trautman, Gray, Jordan
2024: 1.01, 1.07, 2.04, 2.10, 2.11, 3.01, 3.06, 3.07, 3.11
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

Tripwired
Captain
Captain

Postby Tripwired » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:51 pm

Even in a SF TE prem league it's an overpay for the 1.01. The 1.04 & 1.10 is the value side, but he's going to make you pay up for that guaranteed QB.
I agree with Edgy68 in that you'll land a top 3 RB at 1.04 and probably top 5 RB at 1.07. I think your QBs are fine. Dak and Winston were great for fantasy this year, and Tannehill should get another opportunity and looks good. You could solidify your RB group with those 2 picks alone, but if you can't sleep without Burrow then you're going to have to pay an inflated price for the luxury.
10 team Dynasty league with 6pts for all TDs. 
QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex (WRT), TE, K, & DST
League established: 2010
League champ: 2013, 2014, 2015(runner-up), 2016, 2017(runner-up), 2018, 2021
QB- Burrow, Lawrence, Lance
RB- Kamara, Swift, Javonte, Saquon, JK, Akers, E. Mitchell, Penny
WR- Jefferson, Chase, DK, Tee, Diontae, Pittman, Bateman, Rondale
TE- Pitts, Knox, Freiermuth
DST - Chi

10 team PPR Dynasty with 6pts for all TDs. 
QB, 2RB, 3WR, Flex (WRT), TE, K, & DST
League established: 2019
QB- Wilson, Lawrence, Lance
RB- Taylor, Swift, CEH, E. Mitchell, Sermon, AJ Dillon, Stevenson, Penny, Patterson
WR- Jefferson, Chase, DJM, Diontae, OBJ, Palmer, Marshall, Rondale
TE- Hockenson, Irv Smith, Kmet, Trautman
Dst - TB, Mia