Advice on draft strategy

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Advice on draft strategy

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:30 pm

Hey guys, I currently have picks 2, 3, 8, 10, 18 and 23 in a 1Qb league small rosters.

As you can see my team below is a contender with no glaring holes, maybe WR is my worst or RB is Gurley disappears.

I see the draft so far as a top 6 of elite talent then 7-17 some very good prospects but I am thinking i would prefer to try and aquire 1 more blue chip than take many shots at lower probability guys because it's hard to make room for them and I dont really have a ton of cut table guys.

I'm thinking of packaging up a combination of 8, 10, 18 and 23 to try and get another 1 MAYBE even 2 more picks in the top 6. Or do you guys think I should just move the 18 and 23 and try and get 1 more crack at the top 12?

Pick 4 5 and 6 are owned by guys who wont be easy to trade with. They'll want the 8 and 10 most likely.
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Advice on draft strategy

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:39 pm

If you can package your late picks for another top 6, I would jump all over it.

JJRules
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby JJRules » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:52 pm

With your roster requirements and current players, I would happily give 8 and 10 for 6, and maybe 8, 10, 23 or even 8, 10, 18 for 4 if you could swing those.

With 2, 3, and then 4 or 6 grab the two best available RBs and your favorite available WR to replace Gurley, DJ, and Corey Davis on your active roster.

Unless I'm missing something significant about the way your "must include X# of each position" works and how rookies/protected players interact with that.
10-team Superflex, 0.5 PPR, 15-man rosters, pseudo-dynasty
Keep any number of players (0-15), lose same number of draft picks
2010, 2015, 2020 - 🏆, 2013 - 🥈

QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, SF, FLEX, D/ST

QB: Dak, Watson
RB: Swift, Robinson Jr, Singletary, Brown, Hubbard, Zeus, Herbert
WR: Wilson, Olave, Pickens, Aiyuk
TE: Pitts, LaPorta
D/ST:

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Awesome thanks for the replies.

Any drafted rookie can ride on your taxi squad for 2 years too and I have marquise and nkeal down there so I like the idea of going RB RB.

Yea. The same guy own picks 5 and 6 so he might be more willing to trade one of them down
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

lilpuppy99
Role Player
Role Player

Postby lilpuppy99 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:04 pm

The inherent issue is that owner of the picks also knows there is a top 6 elite and has to deal with the same shallow rosters, so might not be willing to trade a quarter for two dimes and a nickel...especially if he has to cut that nickel...then he just gave a quarter for 20 cents. :-)

Definitely worth a try..shallow rosters are tricky.
TEAM 1. 12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Alvin Kamara, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, A Mattison, Darwin Thompson
WR: AJ Brown, C Godwin, T Lockett, J Washington, DJ Chark, Antonio Brown, B Perriman
TE: Zach Ertz, D Goedert, Will Dissly
K: Steven Gostkowski
D/ST: Rams Defense

2020 picks 1.10, 2.10, 4.10, 5.10, 6.10, 7. 10

TEAM 2

12 team PPR/1.5 TE PPR- 20 man roster, 3 IR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, 2 RB/WR/TE, Def, K

QB: Baker Mayfield, Mitchell Trubisky
RB: Kareem Hunt, Derrick Henry, Kerryon Johnson, Adrian Peterson, C Hyde
WR: Mike Evans, DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, D Parker, AJ Brown, DJ Chark, J Ross, D Funchess
TE: Zach Ertz, Irv Smith Jr, Will Dissly
K: Stephen Gostkowski
D/ST: Broncos Defense

2020 picks 1.02, 2.01, 2.02, 3.02, 4.02, 5.02, 6.02, 7.02

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:27 pm

lilpuppy99 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:04 pm The inherent issue is that owner of the picks also knows there is a top 6 elite and has to deal with the same shallow rosters, so might not be willing to trade a quarter for two dimes and a nickel...especially if he has to cut that nickel...then he just gave a quarter for 20 cents. :-)

Definitely worth a try..shallow rosters are tricky.
The guy with pick 4 is in a total rebuild. Aaron rodgers is the only player on his team that would make my roster. Owner of pick 5 and 6 is also in a rebuild but has drafted well last 2 years so yes might be less willing to take the mystery box of picks
Def - ARI DAL
7th pick in 2021