What do I do now??

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
rfwojo
Rookie
Rookie

What do I do now??

Postby rfwojo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:06 pm

I am in the process of winning my third consecutive dynasty championship but already planning for the future. I believe its time to start moving some of the pieces of this team since drafting at XX.12 makes it difficult to maintain a competitive team in the long run. For example, it became difficult each week to start Kupp or Woods or both of them. Amari Cooper has lost his luster for me and would like to move him. Kelce is 30 years old so do I ride him until he breaks down or move him this year.

This is a league that plays through Superbowl. This league is not only about draft picks, trades and waivers but how these transactions put me in a position to have as many players on playoff bound teams on my roster as possible. So I'm looking for ideas to work on in the offseason. Any ideas???
Dynasty PPR 12 Team League 27 man roster
Start 1Qb, 1 Pk, 1 Def., RB-WR-TE All valid NFL formations
QB - P. Mahomes, Justin Fields
RB - J. Connor, R. Stevenson, D. Pierce, C. Brown, M. Carter, T. Chandler, Z. Evans,
WR - A. Cooper, C. Godwin, C. Kupp, N. Collins, M. Mims, D. Mooney, R. Doubs, D. Douglas, A. Lazard, A. Pierce, AT. Perry, T. Scott
TE - D. Parnham
PK - J. Moody, G. Zuerlein
Def - Bears, Jets

2016 Runner Up; 2017 Champion; 2018 Champion; 2019 Champion; 2021 Champion

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What do I do now??

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:11 pm

First off, congratulations on a third consecutive title. Really impressive. I would cash out on Tannehill if you can find a buyer and I like the idea of shopping Woods. Coopers value has likely rebounded and could be a good time to move IF you are looking to sell. Long term, if you can get an early or multiple 1sts for Kelce, I think it's a good move. It will hurt in the short term however. Other than that, you need RB help. Hopefully you can find an Ingram buyer too. Looks like you could use a bit of a retool.

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Re: What do I do now??

Postby FantasyFoosball » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:42 am

I've never played in a format where the season goes all the way through into the NFL playoffs and super bowl. That doesn't make much sense to me to do, and I can't even begin to comprehend how something like that would work in practice.

But obviously you want a team full of guys that are on teams that are expected to be playoff bound and contend for a super bowl. So I would absolutely not sell Kelce. TE's have a long shelf life and I expect he still has multiple years left of elite production. Plus he plays on a team that will be a super bowl contender every year.

Makes sense to sell one of Kupp or Woods. I don't know that I would want both, because if the Rams don't make the playoffs, that removes two of your top WR's. I'd look to sell the one that you can get the most for.

Hope that helps. Good luck.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4