Won the Ship what to do next?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
24FlavorsofFun
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Won the Ship what to do next?

Postby 24FlavorsofFun » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:02 am

Team 1 in sig. Just won the ehip

I've got obvious holes and age issues, particularly at RB.

Thinking I can go one of two route:

Sell off everyone but Dak, Kerryon, MT, Hop, Moore and Hockenson and rebuild.

or

stand pat and use my picks to re-tool my RBs. Maybe sell one of my assets + a pick to upgrade RB?

I think I can keep riding my QB situation with Dak, Tannehill, and hopefully a healthy Cam.
Fig Newtons - 12 team superflex .5 ppr, qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, Flex, SF
QB - Dak, Brissett, Purdy
RB - Najee, Swift, J.Robinson, D.Henderson, McKinnon,
WR - M.Thomas, D.Hop, DJ Moore, Miller, G.Davis, MVS
TE - Kittle, Gesicki, Hockenson
Picks: 2023 - 1, 2, 2, 3, 4

Young Newts - 14 team .25 ppr Superflex, qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, te, wr/rb, OP
QB - Allen, Wilson, Cousins
RB - Chubb, L.Bell, Ingram, K.Johnson, Mack, T.Coleman
WR - M.Thomas, OBJ, Woods, Moore, Godwin, R.Anderson
TE - Gesicki, Witten, Irv
Picks: 2022 - 3, 4, 5

DirkaDirka - 12 team PPR Superflex
QB: Mayfield, Allen, M.Ryan, Bridgewater, Mond
RB: Mixon, Swift, Sanders, Ekeler, DJ, Kerryon
WR: Tyreek, A.Cooper, D.Adams, A-Rob, C.Davis, P.Williams, V.Jefferson, Duverney
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Hollister
2022: All picks

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Won the Ship what to do next?

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:08 am

If you want to re-tool, I would move all your older assets and look to stay competitive this year at the same time. Your RB's are in rough shape but overall, your team is still solid. I would re-tool and hope to find an owner that thinks Ingram will repeat his season.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:55 am

I would keep top 3 WRs, Your TEs, and would sell everything else
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:22 am

I would hold Dak, MT, Hopkins, Moore, and your TEs. Might even hold Tannehill as I doubt you get the kind of return you should based on the production he had this season. I'd shop everyone else and go after more studs.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:31 pm

I'll propose the other side just for fun: run it back with what you have. If you believe that Freeman (with less than 1,000 career carries) can regain his pre injury form, and that Ingram (with ~1,500 carries, not horrible for his age) can come close to 2019; then you're looking good overall. Neither of those things are guarantees of course, but they seem like the type of players that have more value to hold than to sell right now. Just a thought. For another contrarian idea, the OP has Kerryon Johnson on all 3 teams. Maybe consider diversifying there a bit and maybe moving him...perhaps he could fetch you more because he's so young.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol: