Keepers and picks

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
mgregoirec
Captain
Captain

Keepers and picks

Postby mgregoirec » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:49 am

So we're in a 5-keeper league and team is in sig.

I'm planning on keeping :
Mixon
Ekeler
Godwin
Sutton
Diggs or Andrews

I'm trying to flip everything else for picks as I no longer have a 1st or a 2nd. As of now, 3 of the bottom four or five guys don't want to move their 1st unless I completely overpay, which I won't do.

So I'm proposing anything like Diggs for a 2nd or Montgomery for a 3rd or pretty much anything.

Would you try some package with the remaining players to acquire 1sts or 2nds?

Thanks!
2022 Back to back champion
2021 Champion
Briseur de cennes - 14-team half-PPR w/ IDP - 4 keepers, Est. 2017
7-1

QB : Jordan Love
RB : D'Andre Swift, Josh Jacobs, Gus Edwards, Ezekiel Elliott, Antonio Gibson
WR : Justin Jefferson, Ja’marr Chase, AJ Brown, Quentin Johnston, Jahan Dotson
TE : Mark Andrews
DL : Sam Hubbard
LB : Foye Oluokun, Micah Parsons
DB : Julian Love

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Keepers and picks

Postby Gator Sens » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:58 am

Diggs + Montgomery might land you a 1st. Then you keep Andrews who is probably more valuable to a lineup then Diggs due to productive TE scarcity.

JoshuaGordon_9
Starter
Starter

Postby JoshuaGordon_9 » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:02 am

Gator Sens wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:58 am Diggs + Montgomery might land you a 1st. Then you keep Andrews who is probably more valuable to a lineup then Diggs due to productive TE scarcity.
I would have to agree with Gator. If you're not going to keep them, trade em. As long as you're not shipping guys you want to keep, I wouldn't mind overpaying a bit cuz once they go back into the draft, you can't get anything for them at all. Mike Williams may be a solid guy to pair as well. I own him in a few places, and have received some decent interest in him.
Team 1: 12T PPR SF no premiums, 4pt TDs
QB(1-2) Herbert, Tua
WR(3-5) AJB, Adams, Sutton, Boyd, Bourne, Wicks
RB(2-4) JT, Kyren, Swift, Singletary, Moss, Ford Dobbins, Tucker
TE(1-3) Hock, Jonnu, Kmet, Kraft
3.06, 3.09

Team 2: 12T PPR, TE premium, SF
QB(1-2) Cousins, Love, Tanny, Trask, McCoy, Zappe
WR(2-6) Lamb, Olave, Hollywood, Godwin, JaMo, Sutton, Diontae, Lazard, McKensie
RB(2-6) ETN, A. Jones, Dillon, Hunt, Moss, K. Miller, S. Tucker
TE(1-5) Hock, Brock Wright, Everett

Team 3: 12T PPR SF TE Prem
QB(1-2) Fields, Young, Darnold, Trask, Dalton
WR(1-6) AJB, Pittman, Hollywood, Sutton, M. Williams, Davis, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Sheperd, McKensie
RB(1-6) Jacobs, Sanders, Akers, Hunt, T. Spears, C. Brown
TE(1-6) Schultz, Hurts, Conklin

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:59 am

you need to worry about upgrading, not buying 1sts imo. your leaguemates are also in your situation...the format is unique. you only keep 5. the goal is to own the top 5 everywhere....the go from there. over pay for young studs and deal with picks/players later....your league only keeps 5.

mgregoirec
Captain
Captain

Postby mgregoirec » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:12 am

Yes, I get all of you and indeed the format might be unique. Some, in the league, want to keep less than 5. Probably 3. It's some sort of redraft, but it's not a dynasty as I'd like. I personally would go 10 keepers.

The issue is that I wouldn't mind pairing M. Williams, Diggs and Montgomery for something decent in terms of studs or picks, but it means that the guy I'm trading with "needs" to keep these 3 players or he'll lose them. So basically, there's no so much activity in the offseason..
2022 Back to back champion
2021 Champion
Briseur de cennes - 14-team half-PPR w/ IDP - 4 keepers, Est. 2017
7-1

QB : Jordan Love
RB : D'Andre Swift, Josh Jacobs, Gus Edwards, Ezekiel Elliott, Antonio Gibson
WR : Justin Jefferson, Ja’marr Chase, AJ Brown, Quentin Johnston, Jahan Dotson
TE : Mark Andrews
DL : Sam Hubbard
LB : Foye Oluokun, Micah Parsons
DB : Julian Love

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:12 pm

This is a tough format for trades. With 12 teams by 5 keepers, I can't imagine any team having room for 3...let's call them non-Super Stud options; let alone be willing to give up a first round pick for them. The math is usually going to be [3 players already on their squad + 1st round pick] > [3 players being offered to them].
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol: