Please help with team assessment. I have 1.01 and 1.02. What position group to go after?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Please help with team assessment. I have 1.01 and 1.02. What position group to go after?

Postby PBFalcon » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:50 am

My team is in the Sig. I have finished second place 2 years in a row now. It is a standard league (all TDs 6pts, non-ppr).

My assessment is that I lack a true elite RB (Top 3). I have a bunch of fringe RB 1/2s. It is possible that 1 or 2 of the RBs ascend to be top 5. We start 2 RBs and a Flex, so most of the year I started the 3 RBs with the best matchups. That seemed to work out well.

We start 4 WRs. I love my top 2 (Evans and Godwin). WRs 3-5 are big questions though. Cooper is a FA right now and Gallup actually had more targets at the end of the year. Allen is almost worthless for my non-ppr format, with 6-8 pts every week. How good is Juju?? Even after he came back he was outplayed by Washington and the rookie, and without Big Ben offense was horrendous. Hardman and M Williams are dart throws if I have to play them. However if Watkins leaves then maybe Hardman could get more targets. Injuries to Evans and Godwin to end the year really showcased my lack of WR depth.

How should I handle this draft/off-season?

I was able to acquire the 1.01 and 1.02 for this years draft. I hate to pass on a stud RB if there is one, but going WR WR seems like the best fit for my team (but also the most risky). But like I said, I really need a stud RB too.
What do you think?
10 team dynasty began 2016
Standard scoring (no PPR, all TDs 6pts)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 Def

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

QB: P Mahomes
RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool
TE: K Pitts, G Kittle
K: Stream
Def: SF

2024 picks: 1 (early/mid), 1 ,2 3 (early/mid), 3, 4, 5, 6

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Re: Please help with team assessment. I have 1.01 and 1.02. What position group to go after?

Postby FantasyFoosball » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:05 am

This is pretty simple for me. In standard scoring leagues, RB's reign supreme. You have a lot of depth, but not a lot of elite players, and in 10 team leagues, that's what you need to win. I'd look to package together some of your depth, and go after an elite RB, someone like Zeke maybe. I'd even be willing to move one of your top two picks, maybe try to go after a CMC.

Your team is good, so it's no surprise that you have finished second, but you are lacking elite talent, so it's no surprise that you haven't won the championship either.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Please help with team assessment. I have 1.01 and 1.02. What position group to go after?

Postby Gator Sens » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:10 am

FantasyFoosball wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:05 am This is pretty simple for me. In standard scoring leagues, RB's reign supreme. You have a lot of depth, but not a lot of elite players, and in 10 team leagues, that's what you need to win. I'd look to package together some of your depth, and go after an elite RB, someone like Zeke maybe. I'd even be willing to move one of your top two picks, maybe try to go after a CMC.

Your team is good, so it's no surprise that you have finished second, but you are lacking elite talent, so it's no surprise that you haven't won the championship either.
Good thoughts here and an elite RB would go a long way for your team. Your picks will start to gain more and more value as the off season goes and you may be able to land an elite option trading one for the picks+. If no good trade options emerge throughout the off season, one of/both of your picks could develop into an elite RB. I don't think that is a stretch based on the talent level at the top of this class.

Username
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Username » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:27 pm

In standard, I'd take your top two rbs in the draft. Pre draft look to diversify the Bucs wr core. Maybe Evan's plus a solid back for an elite rb.
League 1:
10 Team 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 4FLEX
10 Bench Spots, 2 IR Spots, .5 PPR

QB Prescott, Dimes, Kyler
RB Etienne, Willians (Den)
RB Charbonnet
WR Hodgins, Thornton, Johnston
WR Sutton, Thomas, Mims, Rice
WR Bateman, Collins, Tillman, Obj
TE Kincaid, Mayer, Kittle, Schultz,
IR
2024 1, 1, 1 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4
2025 1, 1, 2, 3, 4

League 2:
10 team PPR start: Superflex, QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, Flex, Flex. 16 bench spots.

QB Jackson, Lawrence, Levis
QB Danny Dimes, Willis, Purdy
RB S. Barkley, C. Akers, N. Harris
RB Z. Moss, AJ Dillon, J. Cook
WR Jamar Chase, Justin Jefferson
WR London, Williams, Pittman
WR Johnston, Mims, Batemen
WR DJ Chark, Hyatt, Tillman
TE P. Freiemuth, K. Pitts
TE Andrews, Musgrave
IR
2024 1, 1, 2, 3
2025 1, 2, 3, 4

wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Postby wickerkat1212 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:49 pm

Agree on packaging multiple players to get elite RB/WR. As for the draft, I'd take Jeudy as one of your picks FOR SURE.
D3:
QB—Allen RB—Kamara, Jacobs, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Harrison, TILLMAN, Marshall, Jefferson TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington KRAFT PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC RB—BIJAN, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, HULL, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Diggs, Adams, Allen, TILLMAN, Boyd, Woods, HUTCHINSON, DOUGLAS TE—Kelce, Kmet, Schultz, Parham PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield, Howell RB—BIJAN, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, HULL, GRAY WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, Myers, Hardman, Reynolds BOUTTE TE—Kmet, Smith, Hurst, Ertz, KRAFT PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: BIJAN, BRob, ZWhite, Hines, TDP, McLaughlin WR: Higgins, JSN, JWilliams, DJM, RMoore, DOWNS, Atwell, TILLMAN, BOUTTE, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, CJONES TE: Trautman, Ferguson, KRAFT, Hooper

theintercept
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby theintercept » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:29 am

I would look to a team that isn't quite a contender yet because of depth (that has an elite RB) and try to trade one of your fringe RB1/2's or even one of the bucs WR and 1.01 or 1.02 for their Elite RB. Gets them depth they need and you keep a top 2 pick and acquire a stud.
WR: Adams, Cooper, Arob, AJ Brown, Tee Higgins, DPJ, G. Wilson, Pickens, Wandale
TE: Waller, Freiermuth
2023 Picks: 2nd, 3rd, 4th

2021 Champion

TEAM 2 (year 3): 12 Team (PPR/SFLX/2TEPREM) Reqts: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 TE, 3 FLX, 1 SFLX
QB: Fields, M Ryan, Garoppolo, Dalton, Trask
RB: Mixon, Dillon, Penny, D'Ernest, Eno, Chris Evans
WR: JJefferson, McLaurin, Cooks, Golladay, Toney, Kirk, Shenault, P-Jones
TE: Andrews, Hooper, Freiermuth

2021 Champion

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 am

Unless something changes this is easily RB/RB for me. Its standard scoring, and RBs produce earlier than WRs in general. You could likely draft a RB at 1.1/1.2 and after 2020 sell them for whatever wr was drafted at 1.3/1.4 and have a little added.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:43 am

this year i would talk to all your guys and tell em "hey we need a top performance week 16, ok guys?"

if you made title game back to back years id say your team is in good shape.

take the 2 best players. your team is loaded.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:44 am

curious who you traded away to get 1.01, 2.01, and 3.01.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Pats/VikesFan
Captain
Captain

Postby Pats/VikesFan » Wed Jan 08, 2020 2:00 pm

Go with Jeudy and the best RB. Or sell your 1.02 at the height of Rookie Fever for an established RB.
10 team PPR league, 24 man rosters, 5 man taxi, 5 man IR
QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
QB: Anthony Richardson, Tua Tagovailoa, Sam Howell, Trey Lance, Hendon Hooker (IR)
RB: Saquon Barkley, Rhamondre Stevenson, Khalil Herbert, Antonio Gibson, Gus Edwards, Jerome Ford, Kendre Miller (TX), Roschon Johnson (TX), Pierre Strong (TX), Tyson Chandler (TX)
WR: Garrett Wilson, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, DJ Moore, Diontae Johnson, Chris Godwin, Terry McLaurin, Kadarius Toney, Jayden Reed, John Metchie, Justyn Ross,
TE: George Kittle, T.J. Hockenson, Chigoziem Okonkwo, Sam LaPorta (TX), Isaiah Likely, Luke Schoonmaker (IR)

Draft Picks
2024: 1st
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
Finishes:
2017 - Last
2018 - 2nd
2019 - CHAMPION :dance:
2020 - 7th
2021 - 2nd
2022 - CHAMPION :dance:
2023 - TBD

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:36 am

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:44 am curious who you traded away to get 1.01, 2.01, and 3.01.
I made both trades in the preseason so it was a calculated gamble on my part...
Trade 1- I gave ARob and got what ended up as pick 1.01
Trade 2- I gave James Washington and got what ended up being picks 2.01 and 3.01.

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

RB: J Taylor, T Etienne, D Swift, B Robinson Jr, J Mixon, J Gibbs, Z Charbonnet, R Johnson, J Wilson
WR: J Jefferson, J Chase, J Waddle, DK Metcalf, J Addison, T Dell, J Downs, M Williams, K Toney, , C Claypool

PBFalcon
Starter
Starter

Postby PBFalcon » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:46 am

abloom wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 am Unless something changes this is easily RB/RB for me. Its standard scoring, and RBs produce earlier than WRs in general. You could likely draft a RB at 1.1/1.2 and after 2020 sell them for whatever wr was drafted at 1.3/1.4 and have a little added.
I get the logic behind this but my team would end up having Chubb, Mixon, Carson, Fournette, Sanders, Guice, Swift, Taylor...and I could only start 3 every week. That's a lot of points on my bench. I guess at this point I could try to trade a RB for a WR, but that is never easy to do. However if this draft miraculously has KC and Hou draft a RB in the first 2 rounds then I can definitely see myself going this way.

2018 2nd
2019 2nd
2020 CHAMP
2021 2nd
2022 *co-champ...yuck

Edgy68
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Edgy68 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:25 pm

PBFalcon wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:46 am
abloom wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:37 am Unless something changes this is easily RB/RB for me. Its standard scoring, and RBs produce earlier than WRs in general. You could likely draft a RB at 1.1/1.2 and after 2020 sell them for whatever wr was drafted at 1.3/1.4 and have a little added.
I get the logic behind this but my team would end up having Chubb, Mixon, Carson, Fournette, Sanders, Guice, Swift, Taylor...and I could only start 3 every week. That's a lot of points on my bench. I guess at this point I could try to trade a RB for a WR, but that is never easy to do. However if this draft miraculously has KC and Hou draft a RB in the first 2 rounds then I can definitely see myself going this way.
I see your point about both having too many to start and too many on the RB1-2 bubble. You have Carson, Penny, Guice, and Fournette that could make an attractive package, using two or three of them, for a stud RB from a team with little depth. I can’t imagine trading RBs is impossible in a non-PPR, but in 10-team leagues, studs rule.

I would even look to trade for the 1.03 using those RBs and the outright statement that you will be taking RB with the first two picks so this might be the best way to get a RB for your leaguemate. That would allow you to stack two RBs with Chubb, Sanders, and Mixon (who I think rebounds a bit next season) and still land Jeudy. Juju should bounce back a bit as well fully healed and with Ben at the helm. I would look to include SD WRs in a trade to upgrade and diversify as well. Start 4 makes WR important as well, but you’re already starting the TB core most weeks.
Wasteland
12-team, PPR 25 roster 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1(RB/WR/TE), 1 D/ST
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson
RB J. Taylor, D. Henry, M. Sanders, B. Hall, T. Sermon, C. Patterson, P. Strong, K. Ingram, TDP, D. Achane, K. Miller, R. Johnson
WR AJ Brown, C. Ridley, J. Chase, C. Lamb, JSN, G. Pickens, K. Osborn, J. Meyers, A. Pierce, T. Scott
TE T. Kelce, D. Goedert, G. Dulcich, J. Woods
D/ST MIN, PIT, DEN

Panthers
12-team SF, .5 PPR 35 roster: 1QB, 1SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 2DB, 2LB, 2DL, 1FLEX
QB J. Burrow, A. Richardson, J. Winston, S. Howell
RB J. Mixon, E. Elliott, N. Chubb, J. Kelley, K. Harris, J. Ford
WR D. Hopkins, C. Godwin, T. Higgins, C. Ridley, J. Smith-Njigba, J. Mingo
TE T. Kelce, K. Pitts, Z. Ertz, D. Goedert, J. Ferguson
DB R. Grant, J. Simmons
DL D. Hunter, A. Highsmith, S. Hubbard
LB C. Mosley, A. Singleton, P. Queen, D. Deablo

Alex116
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Alex116 » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:48 pm

Why is no one suggesting making it a serious blockbuster and adding a QB. I can't even begin to imagine the feeling of having either Mahomes or Jackson on my bench??? In a 1 QB league, i'd be offering Carson, Guice and Mahomes (or Jackson?) for an absolute STUD at RB. Heck, i'd even throw in Fournette or Sanders if it landed me my choice plus maybe a later pick or another player to even it out?

chalorpas
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chalorpas » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:16 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:43 am this year i would talk to all your guys and tell em "hey we need a top performance week 16, ok guys?"

if you made title game back to back years id say your team is in good shape.

take the 2 best players. your team is loaded.
Lol, this.

Your team is stacked and you should be looking to consolidate assets to upgrade. I can’t imagine going wr/wr with your first two picks in a standard league.