Juju or aj brown+??

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.

Aj + 2020 1.06 or Juiu

Aj brown and 2020 1.06
74%
JuJu
26%

Total votes: 43

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Juju or aj brown+??

Postby playa_hata » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:16 pm

12 team ppr superflex

Give: aj brown and 2020 1.06

Get: JuJu
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Juju or aj brown+??

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:26 pm

I still like JuJu long term, but with the strength of the 2020 class, I would lean Brown and the pick.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:26 am

AJB and pick for me.

Not sure Juju is the guy everyone thinks he is.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

The Showstopper
Role Player
Role Player

Postby The Showstopper » Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:13 am

I’m taking Ju Ju here easily...His QB play was horrible this year, I think he bounces back with Big Ben next year. Brown is certainly talented, but I think Ju Ju is in a different tier...

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:12 pm

The Showstopper wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:13 am I’m taking Ju Ju here easily...His QB play was horrible this year, I think he bounces back with Big Ben next year. Brown is certainly talented, but I think Ju Ju is in a different tier...
You know who else had some pretty bad QB play this year?
Sutton, Chark, Golladay, DJ Moore, Terry McLaurin, Allen Robinson - and more.

Most of these guys definitely took a step back when their QBs changed but were able to remain viable options.
Odell is (rightfully) considered a major disappointment this year due in some part to his QB situation and still easily outscored Juju, even on a per game basis.
Even Diontae Johnson averaged more fantasy points with the same QB situation and James Washington only slightly less.

I am easily going with the AJB side here. If Juju was really as elite as many seem to believe, he should not be below the Randall Cobbs, Chris Conleys and Taylor Gabriels of the world in any season really (per game).
I rate him and AJB in a similar tier with Juju probably ahead. No way is the difference between them a first though, especially in SF

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:51 pm

Agree with stripes.
Juju should be able to easily out produce his teammates on a per game basis and even more so with a lesser qb. Producing on par with a rookie and a wr that couldn't get on the field last year is worrisome.

A elite wr will command targets with a elite skill (route running, speed, contested catch %). Like Allen Robinson, Trubisky was playing piss poor in the beginning of the season yet he is able to force balls his way with his skills despite having lots of passing options in Chicago.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:31 am

Ben is coming off a severe non-contact injury. Ben is approaching 40. Ben doesn't like to train much in the off season.

If Ben comes back to play next season, which isn't a certainty at this point, we have no idea how effective he'll be or how long he'll play.
Also, Juju has not yet shown he can be the #1 guy on a team. AB was always the focus of the defence. Can Juju succeed while being the focus? Time will tell, but he hasn't proven that yet.

AJB was arguably the focus of defences and still produced, and it's not as if Tanny is Drew Brees.

There's an argument to be made that AJB is more valuable than Juju without the pick added in