David Montgomery

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
PhillySpecial
Captain
Captain

David Montgomery

Postby PhillySpecial » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:32 am

What are the DM owners doing this offseason? I just don't think he has the 'juice' to be an every week RB2 with his below average burst and speed. I don't watch many Bear games so any context is appreciated - (poor o-line, poor play calling, game script?) Is he best offloading now while he still has his 2019 1st round value or is he the next Melvin Gordon (awful rookie season and great in future years)?

I was thinking of packaging DM and an early 2020 2nd for a 2020 mid-1st. Or DM and a late 2020 1st for an early 2020 1st.
10 Team. PPR. 25 player roster. 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF, 1D
QB - Justin Herbert. Anthony Richardson. Geno Smith. Sam Howell.
RB - Saquon Barkley. JK Dobbins. Tony Pollard. Leonard Fournette. Kareem Hunt. Devin Singletary. Zamir White. Tyjae Sharp. Jaylen Warren. Jerome Ford. Zach Evans. Chris Rodriquez.
WR - AJ Brown. DK Metcalf. Chris Godwin. Deebo Samuel. Amon Ra St Brown. Courtland Sutton.
TE - Darren Waller. Pat Freiermuth. Evan Engram.

2024 - 1st. 4th.
2025 - 1st. 4th.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: David Montgomery

Postby Gator Sens » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:08 am

I would rather have an early 1st if that package is an option. I would also hold if you cant move up to an early 1st. We have been spoiled by rookie backs the last handful of years, he may just take an extra year to hit.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:25 am

I sold Monty + 2020 3rd for Juju midseason for reference. I would want a 2020 mid first at least to move Monty. Don't just sell low on him.

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Postby LMS123 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:43 am

I don't think owners are going to sell low and totally bail after one year, especially his rookie year on Chicago's offence. Most owners took him as an early first round pick (went 1.03 in my league in Sig) so I don't think most will sell for a late first now
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (TS), Levis (TS), Bagent, Hall, Rudolph, Fromm
RB: Roschon (TS), Allgeier, Hill, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell, K. Harris, E. Wilson
WR: Addison, London, Jmo, Shaheed, Reed (TS), Pop D, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Austin, Gipson, Melton,
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (TS), Trautman, Gray, Jordan
2024: 1.01, 1.07, 2.04, 2.10, 2.11, 3.01, 3.06, 3.07, 3.11
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:18 am

I doubt now is the time to sell, even if you're not a believer. If I owned him, I'd look to sell during OTAs. I doubt the Bears use any major draft capital on a RB or sign anyone who will threaten his touches during the offseason. I'm sure as we get closer to preseason, a lot of hype will start coming out about how good he looks and how he's ready to show he can handle the workload, and how the Bears offense as a whole is going to improve. All the usual positive talk that rarely comes to fruition. But that's usually the time when people hear the noise and get excited about players and forget about their poor season the previous year. At that point, you might be able to sell him for something equivalent to an early/mid 1st. Right now, you'd be lucky to get a 2nd.

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:42 am

There aren't many starting rb you can get with a late 1st round so holding is the best option. Part of the issue this year is that trubisky couldn't keep any type of drive going but he was much better in 2018 so there is still hope whether the qb gets better or team goes a different route at qb to positively affect Monty.

L.Washington
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby L.Washington » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:47 am

So just to throw a concrete example out there, would you move 1.10 and I. Thomas for Monty for the team below? I wouldn't say I'm a Monty believer but I definitely see potential, and RB is definitely a huge need for me. As mentioned above it's doubtful an instant impact RB is dropping as low as 10, and because we can only keep 15 players in this league I'm not even sure I would hold I. Thomas so it's basically 1.10 for Monty.
12 tm SF .5 PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2FLX, SF
QB - J. Fields, Dak, Russ, Love
RB - ETN, D. Cook, D. Swift, B. Robinson, R. Penny, K. Miller, G. Edwards
WR - G. Wilson, T. Higgins, JSN, D. Samuel, DJM, G. Davis, R. Moore, W. Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Schultz, Irv, C. Kmet, Everett
2024: 1st, 3rd, 4th
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:36 pm

L.Washington wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:47 am So just to throw a concrete example out there, would you move 1.10 and I. Thomas for Monty for the team below? I wouldn't say I'm a Monty believer but I definitely see potential, and RB is definitely a huge need for me. As mentioned above it's doubtful an instant impact RB is dropping as low as 10, and because we can only keep 15 players in this league I'm not even sure I would hold I. Thomas so it's basically 1.10 for Monty.
I would trade a late first for Monty.

Straycatz2
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Straycatz2 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:07 pm

L.Washington wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:47 am it's doubtful an instant impact RB is dropping as low as 10, and because we can only keep 15 players in this league I'm not even sure I would hold I. Thomas so it's basically 1.10 for Monty.
1.10 will probably have a decent RB but probably unlikely instant impact and would have to wait their turn while beating out the starter of the team.

PhillySpecial
Captain
Captain

Postby PhillySpecial » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:43 pm

Ok thanks all. Reading the posts and thinking on it for a few days I agree that he would be a sell low right now. I will hold until OTAs and wait for preseason hype to kick in before I consider a move. Any last thoughts on his long term value? Will DM be a relevant RB2 or is his upside a weekly flex?
RB - Saquon Barkley. JK Dobbins. Tony Pollard. Leonard Fournette. Kareem Hunt. Devin Singletary. Zamir White. Tyjae Sharp. Jaylen Warren. Jerome Ford. Zach Evans. Chris Rodriquez.
WR - AJ Brown. DK Metcalf. Chris Godwin. Deebo Samuel. Amon Ra St Brown. Courtland Sutton.

2024 - 1st. 4th.
2025 - 1st. 4th.

PhillySpecial
Captain
Captain

Postby PhillySpecial » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:44 pm

Ok thanks all. Reading the posts and thinking on it for a few days I agree that he would be a sell low right now. I will hold until OTAs and wait for preseason hype to kick in before I consider a move. Any last thoughts on his long term value? Will DM be a relevant RB2 or is his upside a weekly flex?

2024 - 1st. 4th.
2025 - 1st. 4th.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:36 pm

look for a weak team and go after one of their best players. monty,brown,fant…..gets you who? upgrade in a 10 teamer, id try to land a stud by packaging pieces.

Nimrod
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Nimrod » Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:48 pm

PhillySpecial wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:43 pm Ok thanks all. Reading the posts and thinking on it for a few days I agree that he would be a sell low right now. I will hold until OTAs and wait for preseason hype to kick in before I consider a move. Any last thoughts on his long term value? Will DM be a relevant RB2 or is his upside a weekly flex?
eachoing the hold here. Unless you can get a 1.5 or higher, i would hold. You are right that he doesnt have the bust and speed of a burner back. But he does have good vision, patience, and great hands in the passing game. He is a tough kid and fights for the extra yards.

Look to see the Chicago offense inprove, O Line improve, and him be more involved in the passing game. If those things happen and he can get 250 carries along with 60 targets, you are looking at a fringe RB1.

Also worth noting that NO ONE in chicago is blaming him for the poor run play. Nagy sings his praises. So does Cohen. He is a solid wait and see for me.
Team 1

12 team PPR QB 2 RB 2 WR 3 Flex TE DST

QB: Kyler, Cousins, Trubisky
RB: CEH, Hines, Cohen, Evans, Perine,
WR: AJ Brown, McLaurin, Allen Robinson, Gallup, Harry, Kirk
TE: Herndon, Njoku, Doyle

2021 picks 2nd, 4rd,

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:16 pm

Do not sell.

He's a good back. His situation was terrible. It may not improve a ton, but it can. If the Bears are smart, they go when a ball control offense and rely less on Trubisky, lean on the run game & defense.

If you really want to sell, wait til he has a nice game early in 2020.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.