Blow Up A Mediocre Runner-Up Team?

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Blow Up A Mediocre Runner-Up Team?

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:39 pm

12 team superflex
1/2 ppr

Finished 10-3 and lost by less than a point in the championship game. So close...only needed one more 5 yard catch by Diggs...

However, I don’t like this roster at all. We did the startup two years ago and I came out of it with a meh feeling. But I competed with the roster and made some deals.

Here it is:
QB Wentz, Stafford, Fitzmagic, Minshew, Bridgewater
RB Carson, Cohen, Royce, Duke, Edmonds, J Samuels
WR Keenan Allen, John Brown, Metcalf, Diggs, Calvin Ridley, Hakeem Butler, Keesean Johnson, Meyers, Sims Jr, Golden Tate
TE Kelce, Waller, Ebron, Oliver

Not so many great picks either. Any suggestions would be helpful. Dunno where to go with the team. I think it certainly played better than on paper, but man I dunno if the success is sustainable.

Help please.

LMS123
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Blow Up A Mediocre Runner-Up Team?

Postby LMS123 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:45 pm

When I first read the title of blowing up a championship team I was confused but I get it now. I’d keep Wentz, Allen, Metcalf, Diggs and Ridley and try to reload (I don’t like rebuild)
Jake Fromm State Farm (12 team PPR SF)
QB: Purdy, ARich (T), Levis (T), Bagent, Clifford, Hall, White, Fromm
RB: Roschon (T), Allgeier, Hill, McIntosh, Demercado, McLaughlin, Mitchell
Chestnut (IR), Wilson (IR)
WR: Addison, London, Jmo (T), Shaheed, Reed (T), Pop D, Der. Davis, Iosivas, C. Jones, Mooney, T. Palmer, Scott, Tucker, Watson, Austin (T)
TE: Musgrave, Mayer (T), Trautman, Gray, Moreau
2024: 1.01, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3
2025: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4

Sleeper (.5 PPR, 1.5 TE PPR, SF)
QB: Tua, Fields, Cousins (IR), Dobbs, Bagent, Devito, White, Walker, Lance, Hall
RB: Hall, JT, White, Javonte, Ford, Kendre, Allgeier, Henderson, Akers (IR), Ingram (T), Hull (T)
WR: Jetts (IR), Devonta, Jeudy, Meyers, Mooney, Guyton, Rondale, J. Palmer (IR), T. Palmer (T), C. Jones (T)
TE: Andrews (IR), Likely
2024: 5
2025: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

dark_knite03
Captain
Captain

Postby dark_knite03 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:00 pm

LMS123 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:45 pm When I first read the title of blowing up a championship team I was confused but I get it now. I’d keep Wentz, Allen, Metcalf, Diggs and Ridley and try to reload (I don’t like rebuild)
Diggs is tough to own and hard to start for his blow up games. But getting a fair offer for him is also impossible. I agree with the rest though. Rbs are average, don't believe in waller and kelce is getting older.
Est '17 12 Team 1PPR 4-Pass 6-Rush/Recieve TD
Start QB RB RB WR WR TE FX FX SF K DL LB DB
Champion 2021.
Geno, Tlaw, M Jones, D.Carr, White
JT, A Jones, Dobbins,Monty,D.Harris, Reyonds
Dillon,Kelley, Warren, Miller, Hill, Penny, Rivers
Diggs, AJB, Jefferson, Chase, Claypool, Juedy, Deebo,WanDale, Mingo, Boutte
Kittle, Andrews,Njoku
Moody

Superflex Est 19' - - Tiered PPR
QB RB RB WR WR WR/RB TE FX SF K D
Dak, Wilson, Watson
Henry, Chubb, ETN, Swift, Gus, Strong, Ford, Spiller, Chandler, Spears
Godwin, DJM , JJ,Kenaan, AJB, Lockett, Austin, Palmer, Boutte
Andrews, Goedert, Juwan, Woods

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Wentz, Allen, Metcalf and Ridley are building blocks for your rebuild. I would look to move the remaining pieces if solid deals are an option.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:40 am

Yeah thanks for the suggestions guys. Pretty similar to what I was thinking. Gonna prob keep those couple of young guys and build around them.

Forgot to mention that this is also a devy league...of which I own no devys. Haha. So picks are worth a bit less with 24 of the top devys owned. Should be fun tho. I would have loved to win the league and then proceed to blow it up...but it just wasn’t in the cards and I don’t think I have the firepower to make another run.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:30 am

I'd probably look to move Kelce while he still has elite TE value. Don't think you can get much from any of your RBs, but maybe see if the Conner owner has interest in Samuels. John Brown would be a sell high for me since he'll be 30 at the start of 2020 and Buffalo will more than likely add more weapons. I probably wouldn't do a ton more and build around some of the youth you already have. Since it's SF, finding a legit QB3 would be another priority of mine.