11-2 AND Rebuild Time! Trust The Process And Follow Along

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

11-2 AND Rebuild Time! Trust The Process And Follow Along

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:09 pm

Stealing Lumps’ thunder here and going to document my progression as well. It’s the same league that he is documenting his build in, so I thought it might be kinda cool to have two perspectives from the league.

His thread: https://forum.dynastyleaguefootball.co ... 6&t=183079

16 team, 53 man roster, 2QB, IDP, return yards, .75 PPR for RB, .5 PPR for WR, 1.25 PPR for TE, sacks 5 points

Lineups: 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, R/W, W/T, 2 DE, DT, DL flex, 3 LB, 2 CB, S, DB flex

I finished 11-2 in the season...5th seed in the playoffs...knocked out easily in the first round...Top 2 points for...

Now I am wondering if it is time to rebuild...or am I just still in shock.

REBUILD TIME

Backstory
Started off the season with Luck/Wentz as my main guys, but the Luck went and retired and I panic bought Foles...who goes on to get killed in the first game and eventually loses out to Minshew. Fail. Also bought AB in the offseason. Fail. Had AJG who played zero snaps for me. Fail. The whole Eagles offense was awful this year. My offense was a patchwork of selling off future assets to give me bandaids at QB to get me through the season. Fail, fail, fail. Kamara was mediocre as well. And yet somehow I managed to win 11 games.

My team was carried by CMC and my defense...and now I am looking at an aging team with a bunch of question marks at QB/WR/TE/etc etc you get the point, and very very few rookie pick assets.

Here are the highlights of my offense:
Wentz/Foles/Mason Rudolph/Duck/Brandon Allen/Luck
CMC/Kamara/Edmonds/Edmunds/Malcolm Brown
Fitz/JohnBrown/Manny/Pascal/Agholor/AJG/AB/Dez/Gage/Reynolds/DJax
Rudolph/KadenSmith/Ellison/JaedenGraham

Yikes yikes yikes. Is it time to blow it up or what? My division is the toughest division (3 teams in my division had 10 or more wins). I only have one starting QB now, and my WRs are terrible. My starting RBs are solid, but that’s about it on offense.

FOLLOW ALONG
Last edited by slaughterrt on Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 11-2 But Rebuild Time?

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:02 am

Unfortunately my friend i think it might be time to rebuild or retool. IDP guys can really carry a team for sure but i think to get through your tough division and make a real push you'll need at least one or two strong young wrs and another decent qb. Not too far off though. I would be looking to sell off most of your wrs for picks and then either package picks to a rebuilding team for younger wr help or use them to rebuild yourself if you don't feel too solid about next season. Another option might be to trade mccaffrey/kamara for something like: a lower level rb (mixon, jacobs, fournette, etc), plus a mediocre qb and maybe a wr prospect or pick if you're lucky. If your defensive players can carry you that might be enough to compete but it's pretty close. If it wasn't idp i would say full rebuild but anything is possible. GL
12Team .5ppr/1PPR TEs 1Q/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FL/SF
QB- Hurts, Howell, O'Connell, Lance, Trubisky, Mariota
RB- Bijan, Breece, Javonte, Warren, Spears, Dillon, Herbert
WR- Puka, St.B, Olave, DSmith, Pickens, Addison, Wicks, EMoore, Mooney, Claypool, Gallup, Kirk, Bateman, JMeyers, Gage
TE- LaPorta, Pitts, Everett

12Tm .5PPR SF (1pprTE) 22/23 Champs
Start12
QB-Burrow, Hurts, Stroud, Howell
RB-Walker, Kamara, Warren, KMitchell, Pierce, Dillon, CEH
WR-Jefferson, AJB, Pittman, DSmith, Cooper, JMeyers, Dotson, Shaheed, Palmer, Dortch
TE-Friermuth, Thomas

12T 6PPTD SF PPR (1.5TE) *start12
Q- Hurts, Dak, TLaw, Huntley
R- Walker, Ekeler, AJones, KMitchell, Allgeier, Herbert
W- Puka, St.B, GWilson, Jeudy, Diontae, MikeWill, Douglas, Dotson, Mims, Thielan, Woods
T- LaPorta, Engram, Everett, Bellinger
*2.1, 2.2, 2.5, 4.1

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:27 am

At least a retool. Your rbs are great, but you need help nearly everywhere else.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:37 am

I would hold Kamara, CMC and Wentz. Everyone else would be on the block and hopefully some decent offers come.

FantasyFoosball
Legend
Legend

Postby FantasyFoosball » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:44 am

How in the world did you win 11 games? That's gotta be the worst 11 win team I have ever seen. I think you need a full on rebuild. I normally don't advocate for getting rid of guys like CMC in a rebuild, but because of your starting requirements, and how many holes you have, I would sell CMC, Kamara, and Wentz. They are basically the only guys on your team that are worth anything. I'd get as many young prospects and picks as you can for those guys, and start a multi year rebuild process.

The other reason why I would sell them, is because if you don't, you will just continue to live in mediocrity year after year after year. CMC and Kamara are good enough to help you win some weeks, and keep you from being able to get top picks and QB's in the rookie draft. You will be relegated to mediocrity forever....

Just my two cents. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Team One:
10 Team Salary Cap League w/ IDP - Est. 2018
2018: Champions!
2019: Champions!!
2020: 2nd Place
2021: Loss in Semis
2022: Champions!!!
.5 PPR/$200 budget
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 3 DL/LB/DB

QB - Mahomes
RB - CMC, White, Sanders, Herbert, Foreman, McKinnon
WR - Diggs, Ridley, Godwin, KJ Osborn, Woods, Claypool, Campbell
TE - Kittle, Goedert, Gesicki
K - Bass
DL - Reddick, Jones, M. Sweat
LB - R. Smith, Wagner, Leonard, White, Perryman, Cashman
DB - Byard, Bell, Hobbs, Jenkins

2024: 3rd

Team Two:
DLF Advice Forum League
14 Team PPR SF/TE Premium (2PPR)
2020: 4th Place
2021: 2nd Place
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1SF, 2Flex
QB - Allen, Carr, Mayfield, Trask, Zappe
RB - Harris, Gibson, Herbert, K. Miller, C. Brown
WR - MT, G. Davis, Bourne, Skyy Moore, Reynolds, Shakir, A.T. Perry, C. Moore, Hinton
TE - Kittle, Andrews, Woods

2024: 1, 2, 3, 4

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:38 am

I don't know how you won 11 games, but good for you! I'd definitely rebuild and build around some of the young studs you have. My main priority would be getting another good starting QB to go with Wentz and then figuring out your WR depth.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 11-2 AND Rebuild Time! Trust The Process And Follow Along

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:46 pm

——-Rebuild Trade Alert——-

Made my first trade since deciding to go for the rebuild.

Sold
QB Nick Foles
WR John Brown
DE Trey Flowers
DE JJ Watt

Received
WR DK Metcalf
2020 2.09

Felt like a sell low on Foles but that may be because I panic overpaid for him a few months ago when Luck retired. I hated to get rid of Smokey because he is one of those guys that I have liked since he came into the league and he is staying healthy and productive. Flowers is solid but I’m ok moving him here and JJ Watt is a fan favorite but he hasn’t been able to kick the injury bug the last few years. None of these guys except maybe Flowers fit my rebuild and hopefully they can move on to greener pastures and win on someone else’s team.

DK gives me youth and upside on a solid offense and the 2nd round pick gives me something to build off of.

Sad but here is my list of picks right now. I mortgaged a lot of my future to keep the train chugging along in hopes of making the playoffs (which I did) but wildcard weekend was as far as I went. Now to undo some of the damage.

2020 2nd, 6th, 6th, 7th, 7th
2021 gotta look but no good picks as of right now.

Bennyblanco22
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Bennyblanco22 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:34 am

Nice move. I think i like consolidating rebuilding rosters to make room for those drops where you can snag up dropped guys of valueand next year's waiver heroes, all of who could gain value and help with the rebuild. GL💪
12Team .5ppr/1PPR TEs 1Q/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FL/SF
QB- Hurts, Howell, O'Connell, Lance, Trubisky, Mariota
RB- Bijan, Breece, Javonte, Warren, Spears, Dillon, Herbert
WR- Puka, St.B, Olave, DSmith, Pickens, Addison, Wicks, EMoore, Mooney, Claypool, Gallup, Kirk, Bateman, JMeyers, Gage
TE- LaPorta, Pitts, Everett

12Tm .5PPR SF (1pprTE) 22/23 Champs
Start12
QB-Burrow, Hurts, Stroud, Howell
RB-Walker, Kamara, Warren, KMitchell, Pierce, Dillon, CEH
WR-Jefferson, AJB, Pittman, DSmith, Cooper, JMeyers, Dotson, Shaheed, Palmer, Dortch
TE-Friermuth, Thomas

12T 6PPTD SF PPR (1.5TE) *start12
Q- Hurts, Dak, TLaw, Huntley
R- Walker, Ekeler, AJones, KMitchell, Allgeier, Herbert
W- Puka, St.B, GWilson, Jeudy, Diontae, MikeWill, Douglas, Dotson, Mims, Thielan, Woods
T- LaPorta, Engram, Everett, Bellinger
*2.1, 2.2, 2.5, 4.1

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:20 am

FantasyFoosball wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:44 am How in the world did you win 11 games? That's gotta be the worst 11 win team I have ever seen. I think you need a full on rebuild. I normally don't advocate for getting rid of guys like CMC in a rebuild, but because of your starting requirements, and how many holes you have, I would sell CMC, Kamara, and Wentz. They are basically the only guys on your team that are worth anything. I'd get as many young prospects and picks as you can for those guys, and start a multi year rebuild process.

The other reason why I would sell them, is because if you don't, you will just continue to live in mediocrity year after year after year. CMC and Kamara are good enough to help you win some weeks, and keep you from being able to get top picks and QB's in the rookie draft. You will be relegated to mediocrity forever....

Just my two cents. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
Now is not the time to start selling players.
Most of your players is at an all time low. (Not CMC)
Even Foles would gain value next year when he Will be starting again next year (his contract).

Anyway I agree that you should rebuild the whole team.
But I would do it right around the draft/pre Season.

And I would not be buying 2020 picks. (The value is not in your favour), aim for the 2021 & 2022 draft.

I hope you havent sold your own 2021 1st, because that should be a top 3 pick with problably T. Lawrence as the 1.01.

Next year, I would Sell CMC to the best offer. (Remember to get some AJG & Sanders type players sold with either CMC, Kamara or Wentz
Before he wins you any games. 👌

Happy rebuild 😉
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:36 am

Glad you opted to do this as well! Though, I get to see the rebuild in real time I'm subscribing to this so I can see the full transformation in one place. Good luck! I've got a few 3rds for CMC....

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:34 am

I mean, is it really that crazy to sell CMC if you are getting true value for him? Are you expecting his value to ever be higher than it is right now? Why not sell CMC for a few pieces. Now I really have no idea if anyone out there would be willing to pay for him or have the pieces to pay for him, but you never know.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:49 pm

abloom wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:34 am I mean, is it really that crazy to sell CMC if you are getting true value for him? Are you expecting his value to ever be higher than it is right now? Why not sell CMC for a few pieces. Now I really have no idea if anyone out there would be willing to pay for him or have the pieces to pay for him, but you never know.
Yeah that’s my thought. As much as I like CMC, I can’t see how his value could increase at this point. And if I can cash out at max value, I think I would be crazy to pass on that opportunity if it could help me in my rebuild.

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:41 pm

slaughterrt wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:49 pm
abloom wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:34 am I mean, is it really that crazy to sell CMC if you are getting true value for him? Are you expecting his value to ever be higher than it is right now? Why not sell CMC for a few pieces. Now I really have no idea if anyone out there would be willing to pay for him or have the pieces to pay for him, but you never know.
Yeah that’s my thought. As much as I like CMC, I can’t see how his value could increase at this point. And if I can cash out at max value, I think I would be crazy to pass on that opportunity if it could help me in my rebuild.
I think the hard part of this, especially in our league, is someone having the pieces that could trade for him without gutting their team. We have a LOT of starters with IDPs etc. Depth is key too.

I think you might try pulling off some trades downward where you win the deal. CMC for X RB + picks etc. Then trade X RB for some other piece + picks to someone else.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:41 pm

Lumps wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:41 pm
slaughterrt wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:49 pm
I think the hard part of this, especially in our league, is someone having the pieces that could trade for him without gutting their team. We have a LOT of starters with IDPs etc. Depth is key too.

I think you might try pulling off some trades downward where you win the deal. CMC for X RB + picks etc. Then trade X RB for some other piece + picks to someone else.
Yeah I hear that. I assume the rebuild team that has multiple 1sts isn’t really in the position to trade for CMC and suddenly compete. I mean unless you wanna do it Lumps.

And yeah. I would love to deal CMC for like a Sanders/Mixon/Montgomery type guy plus early pick(s).

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:43 pm

Sold AJG today.

Sent AJG and received 2020 2.04 and 2.16.

It was a weird year for Green and I figure now is a good of a time as any to jump ship. Wouldn’t have mattered if I sold him today versus earlier this season. I think he has the potential to recoup some of his value if he goes to another team next year and is healthy. But he is getting older as well. I had his value pegged at a late 1st, best case scenario. So I thought an early and late 2nd was solid. Even if I held and he played well next season, I doubt I would have gotten much more for him. I think this trade really solidified my rebuild...or at least retooling.