Off season game plan

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Off season game plan

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:08 am

My team went 11-2 and averaged 130+ points per game. I finished 2nd and of course put up 98 points this weekend and I'm now out. I'm going to let the dust settle for a bit before doing anything, but I'm extremely disappointed with the roster I have to be done in week 1. My questions/thoughts for the community are:

1. Should I move some of my running backs and build more around wr's? I have always built around RB's and it's simply not paying off with all the teams rolling multiple backs.
2. If I go this route, elite wr's are very tough to trade for in my league, so my thoughts are trying to land: JuJu, Cooper and DJ Moore. This would likely cost me some top end backs. Wondering if it's worth it for wr longevity vs running back touch inconsistency.
3. Keep my team as is and don't mess with a whole lot
4. go a different route

I'm very interested to hear the communities thoughts here. I'm reeling the morning after looking at a very long off season based on my roster and season. Thanks all!

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Off season game plan

Postby BradysBunch » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:19 am

I don't think I would do anything unless a great deal came up. I would assume teams will be coming to you for a RB. Hold unless it is an overpay.
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

Prison_Mike
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Prison_Mike » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:27 am

After reading the post & shifting my eyes to your team, I was surprised by just how deep you are with high end RBs
However, I'm equally as surprised with the amount of young WR talent on your roster.

So I wouldn't sell the farm to get multiple elite WRs, but I'd be okay packaging one of those guys (preferably Chubb or Fournette) for one of the guys you mentioned

Could probably get Adams or OBJ at a discount (depending on how you feel about them)
Team 1:
12-team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
Start: 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF
QB: Herbert, Kyler, Baker, Jimmy G, Mariota, DTR
RB: Taylor, Saquon, Javonte, Conner, C.Evans, TDP
WR: Chase, Diggs, Olave, Aiyuk, Hollywood, MT, Shaheed
TE: Engram, Woods, Kraft
'24 picks: 1st, 3rd, 4th

Team 2:
12-Team | PPR | SuperFlex | 0.5-TEP
(Start: QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/3FLX/1SF)
QB: Mahomes, Allen, Russ
RB: Breece, JT, Swift, Javonte, Mostert
WR: Chase, Kupp, Aiyuk, Nico, Hollywood, Kirk, MT
TE: Pitts, Njoku, Woods
'24 picks: none

Team 3:
12tm PPR SuperFlex
QB: Hurts, Dak, Stafford, Z.Wilson, DTR
RB: Saquon, Swift, Achane, Kamara, Ford
WR: Jefferson, AJB, ARSB, Nico, Diontae, OBJ
TE: Goedert, Njoku, Fant, Woods
'24 picks: 4th, 4th

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:32 am

I wouldn't mind making a move for an elite WR, but I don't think you are desperate need for it. I think the your top 4 wrs (Golladay, Godwin, Ridley, Sutton) have some really great potential there to turn into/maintain WR1 status. The only move I'd be looking to make is to acquire Latavius Murray. I would not sacrifice too much for him though.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:20 am

Honestly you're pretty stacked at RB and I might try to package a Fournette or Mixon to try to get a top end WR. I probably don't move Kamara as I think he will bounce back and Cook/Chubb have established themselves as top 5-6 RBs IMO. You're set at QB for 10+ years with Mahomes. You have a really good team, sometimes the fantasy gods are not kind. Don't do anything crazy while the emotions are high.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

Madcity_matt
Starter
Starter

Postby Madcity_matt » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:32 am

Your team picked a rough week to lay a dud. Your team's really solid, but agree you could shore up your WR with one stud. Could you maybe package Mixon and Gallup?

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:16 am

Madcity_matt wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:32 am Your team picked a rough week to lay a dud. Your team's really solid, but agree you could shore up your WR with one stud. Could you maybe package Mixon and Gallup?
Possibly. Trades are frozen in our league right now until after the playoffs. I have some feelers out just to gauge interest. I'm leaning towards holding Mixon and if I make moves, moving Fournette and Chubb or Kamara. All big if's right now.

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:26 am

Yea, holding Mixon could be good as he will have a rookie QB next year and they will want to take the pressure off of him. Bengals will also get back their first round pick this year, Jonah Williams and I'm sure they will invest heavily in their Oline through the draft. I have Fournette myself and a lot of his production is volume based and he surprisingly hasn't scored many TD's this year. I wouldn't be ready to give up on Kamara and Chubb's situation is interesting with whatever happens to Hunt.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jomaed » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:40 am

You only start 5 RBs/WRs. I would def be packaging up a RB and a younger WR for a stud WR. Like a top 5 guy.

megager
Role Player
Role Player

Postby megager » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:57 pm

@Gator Sense
That team.is incredible. It's so young and really it maybe a case that this was a year too soon. Yet you went 11-2. Golladay, Sutton, Godwin, Kirk and Ridley, give their situations will like all be in top 16 WR next year. Gallup, Dede Williams all have WR2/3 outcomes.
I'm salivating at your rbs. I gave Mixon away for Waller and two firsts and now I'm doubting that. But I'm at the other end of the scale.... rebuilding from the bottom up.
Personally I would sit unless an incredible offer comes your way. I think that squad can and will win 2 out of next 4 championships, but this year is a reminder that while nothing is guarunteed, you'll be at the business end for years to come.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:38 pm

I think every time you've posted a question, my answer has always been the same. Package your RB depth for a stud WR. I know it's easier said than done, but that's still the route I'd try to go.

Zech13
Captain
Captain

Postby Zech13 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:05 pm

Longevity lies at WR but you're pretty solid with younger WR's. Agree with others package up a RB and get a top 5 WR if you feel that puts you over the top. WR have ups and downs too though. You may feel different all together when the sting of last week wears off.

NY CAT
Captain
Captain

Postby NY CAT » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:46 pm

Hold tight.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:42 pm

Team is stacked but I do like the idea of consolidating for an elite WR.
My move would be to dangle Fournette and Ridley and see who bites.
Fournette avoided injury this year but that is still more of a concern than it is for Kamara or Chubb. Ridley I just am not sure is a WR1 and tends to have games where he disappears

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:31 pm

you can shop for any player you like, the only problem is you already have so many of the top players. find out which of Davante, Tyreek or MT are the most available and proceed from there. I'd also explore trying to get from chubb/LF to Saquon