Is this owner giving up? Offered Baker for Jalen Hurd

This is the place for team advice - should I make this trade, should I draft that player, etc.
mullmania
MVP
MVP

Is this owner giving up? Offered Baker for Jalen Hurd

Postby mullmania » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:04 pm

In a vaccum neither deal is all that terrible but IMO this is an owner not maximizing value on his team offering his players to other teams and largley just making terrible deals offsetting any sembelance of balance in the league especially as we approach playoffs giving Gurley and Baker to playoff teams making runs for not that much IMO.

Maybe these aren't so bad. He has Lamar Jackson so Baker could be expendable. Still just doesn't seem like a great return. IDK

Deals Done.

Gave Gurley

Got AJ Brown, 3rd round pick

Gave Baker Mayfield, His own 2nd round pick from a 3-9 team

Got Jamal Williams, Pettis, a 2nd round pick from a 7-5 team

Thoughts?

Squad somehow 3-9 with Lamar Jackson

QB-Jackson, Carr
RB- Singeltary, J Will, Lamar Miller, MccCoy, Mikissic
WR-AJ Brown, Fitz, Hardman, Harry Neal, D. Johnson, A Miler, D Parker, C. Ridley, D Pettis
TE-Everrette, OJ Howard-Brate

Taxi- Henderson, J Hill, Q. Ollison,
Last edited by mullmania on Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Re: Is this owner giving up? Gave Gurley for AJ Brown-3rd, Baker for JWill-Pettis

Postby mullmania » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:06 pm

And just for the record I'm not proposing any type of reversal but I do think the owner needs to be questioned to make sure they are still going to be engaged moving forward. This whole sequence didn't seem to make me think that but never know.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Is this owner giving up? Gave Gurley for AJ Brown-3rd, Baker for JWill-Pettis

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:21 pm

I don't mind the Gurley deal overall. I would have wanted a different pick, but still not a terrible deal. Gurley is not what he once was, and may have been a good time to get out. The second deal is not great in my opinion. Mayfield is not a big piece with having Jackson, but I would have tried for a better asset.

mullmania
MVP
MVP

Postby mullmania » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:28 pm

Gator Sens wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:21 pm I don't mind the Gurley deal overall. I would have wanted a different pick, but still not a terrible deal. Gurley is not what he once was, and may have been a good time to get out. The second deal is not great in my opinion. Mayfield is not a big piece with having Jackson, but I would have tried for a better asset.
I should add the real issue was that the original offer was giving Baker and receiving Jalen Hurd.

The other owner had enough sense to not auto accept it and sent this back.

That's what has me questioning things mostly.

Gator Sens
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Gator Sens » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:35 pm

mullmania wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:28 pm
Gator Sens wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:21 pm I don't mind the Gurley deal overall. I would have wanted a different pick, but still not a terrible deal. Gurley is not what he once was, and may have been a good time to get out. The second deal is not great in my opinion. Mayfield is not a big piece with having Jackson, but I would have tried for a better asset.
I should add the real issue was that the original offer was giving Baker and receiving Jalen Hurd.

The other owner had enough sense to not auto accept it and sent this back.

That's what has me questioning things mostly.
That would have been a pretty bad deal. Still, not a great deal in the end.